Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typos

Thumbs up Typos

This thread is for reporting and tracking typos to Steve - so he's not innundated with emails about the same typos over and over.

Page 184, 2nd paragraph (top right of page, second column): 'In 2371, the the prototype defiant'

Thanx for catching that, Anomaly!

If any of the rest of you find typos or the like, sing out! I'm pretty sure that the playtesters caught most, if not all, of the ones in the first draft, but I added a lot of material 'tween then and now.

Steve Long

Defiant's starboard pulse phaser should be power 25 not 20.

Galaxy's class Beta computer upgrade should cost 4 SU not 12 SU. The rule says you buy it once per ship, not once per core.

The pulse phaser rules are a bit garbled: page 67 suggests that you can't fire in continuous & wide-beam modes, whilst page 70 says you can't fire in continuous & pulse modes.

Oh, and you spelled "Capability" wrong in the Planetfall Capability description, last sentence of the first paragraph.

Picky, picky, picky.

And don't get me started on "meters" instead of "metres", there's probably also a "color" in there as well. D*mned colonials.

Galaxy's class Beta computer upgrade should cost 4 SU not 12 SU. The rule says you buy it once per ship, not once per core.
    This one, at least, I dealt with in another thread. The text (and the Defiant writeup) are wrong -- you should pay for the upgrade once for each core.

Steve Long

Typo? I think there's a big one right on the cover:

The Advanced Starship and Construction Manual

I thought that ut was supposed to be that way - strange as it may look - but after seeing the press release at Gaming Outpost, I realized it should read:

The Advanced Starshop Combat and Construction Manual.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

Wink

I'm assuming you meant "Starship" and not "Starshop", right Fred?

I looked for latinum prices... nada.

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

Err... I... err... I was just being clever... Yes, that's it. Clever! I made a joke by inserting a typo in a Typo thread.

Yeah, right,

You guys from the Great Sgield have sharp eyes.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

I knew someone would catch that cover boo-boo eventually. I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow between my computer and Don's computer, the title got garbled. Rest assured it shall be changed.

Steve Long

I'll repost this here for completness:

While on the subject of escape pods, under the description it says escape pods support 86 people, but I am sure that while I was skimming though it somewhere that they fit only 6. Which is correct?
    Also, and I know you may know this already, but the contents page is wrong. As an example, the aforementioned escaped pod is listed as page 32 but is actually on pg 37.

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

Originally posted by Red:
    Also, and I know you may know this already, but the contents page is wrong. As an example, the aforementioned escaped pod is listed as page 32 but is actually on pg 37.
    Actually, the table of contents is not incorrect. The pdf is numbered pages 1 through 198. The pages themselves are numbered differently for when it's printed out. Thus, the front cover, introduction and Table of Contents are considered pages "I" through "V" and then the numbering begins with page 1 on the actual meat of the manuscript. Just like a hardcopy book.

Now for what may be a possible typo, I was wondering about the Andoria-class Explorer. The text says it's one of the newest explorers, but then says it was commissioned in 2361, at least two years earlier than the Enterprise-D, the third ship in the Galaxy-class. Is this correct or should it read "It was launched in 2371"?

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

While on the subject of escape pods, under the description it says escape pods support 86 people, but I am sure that while I was skimming though it somewhere that they fit only 6. Which is correct?
    You're misreading. A standard escape pod has life support for a total of 86 person-days. That means it can support one person for 86 days, two for 43, four for 21.5, and so on. It most defintely doesn't mean that 86 people can fit inside! The standard ASRV fits four comfortably; larger models fit 8 or 10 or 12.

Steve Long

Now for what may be a possible typo, I was wondering about the Andoria-class Explorer. The text says it's one of the newest explorers, but then says it was commissioned in 2361, at least two years earlier than the Enterprise-D, the third ship in the Galaxy-class. Is this correct or should it read "It was launched in 2371"?
    The use of the word "newest" is just conversational folderol on my part, and should probably be removed.

Steve Long

Exclamation

I found a little mistake. On page 20, the example first uses USS Jemm,asha, then later refers to Indomitable.

Hello everybody !

First of all, congratulations on the excelent work !

I have a doubt... in the Galaxy-class template, the saucer separation system is listed as costing 10 SU's. But in chapter one we find it costing SIZEx1 SU's, wich would bring the price to 8 SU's.

Did I miss something ?
    Cheers,
    Cpt Novaes

------------------
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Question

On page 71 under Microtorpedo Launcher it states the damage of the microtorpedo as doing 50 points of damage when I believe it should be 5.