Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON rules for Doctor Who

I also found it better for game play to lump a lot of time lord advantages together. Stuff that comes up EXTREMELY rarely individually, but semi-frequently when taken together. Symbiotic neuclui, resistance to certain types of radiation, awareness of certain time phenomenon.

This stuff is very story-specific. It gives the GM a plot device to help out the players, and it saves space on a character sheet.

Yes, FASA worked up stats for all the Cyberman models that have appeared on screen for the Cyberman suppliment. I just have to borrow my friend's copy again later.

I agree that monster's technologies advance, but it seems to me this rarely effects their game stats. Sure, early Daleks got their power supply from statc electricity from the floor of their cities. Later, during the Dalek invasion of Earth, they had recievers on the back of their casings which collected beamed power from a central location. Later in the third doctor era, most of the Dalek's power (but not the weapon power) was from psychic power-powered by their hatred! But even that had disadvantages, as a Dalek consumed with dispair would explode in an overload of it's own energies "I have failed, I have failed!". Later, Daleks seem to rely on much more reliable portable energy sources.

Regeneration Skills.

Each incarnation of a Time Lord has three Regeneration Skills. For example, the First Doctor would have started with three Regeneration Skills. These three Skills each would have received a +1 bonus to them.

When the Doctor regenerated, the Skills would have been reset. The First Doctor's three Regeneration Skills are still there, they just no longer have the +1 bonus to them.

Three Skills are then selected for the Second Doctor. These Skills should already be Skills that the Doctor already knows, or if the Doctor had enough Experience Points, could be purchased new. These new Regeneration Skills then gain the +1 bonus.

Each of the current Regeneration Skills must be different, you cannot select a Skill twice to get a +2 bonus. However, a Skill may be selected for the current regeneration even if it was also selected for a past regeneration, as in the case of the Skill Personal Equipment (Sonic Screwdriver).

Has anyone begun writing ICON rules for Doctor Who equipment, the TARDIS toolbox, the sonic screwdriver, cyberbombs, etc.?

So what are we going to do with all the ideas and material that we come up with here?

Are we going to put it all on a site?

Ok Diamond, I’ll try to have a rough draft of Gallifreyan (and Time Lord) special abilities posted here by the end of the week. (I might even get to it today). I’ll try to make them fairly compatible with yours.

The player switching idea sounds cool but I’d make it and “Optional” rule. The guys I game with would never consent to play someone else’s character (even if they got to chose a new personality)

Not necessarily true. The novel “Taking of Planet Five” reveals that the Rassilon Imprimatur allows Time Lords to easily guide and control their TARDISes. The reason the Doctor can never get where he’s going is because he partially disabled this system. Normally the Rassilon Imprimatur FORCES the TARDIS to go where the Time Lord wants. The First Doctor didn’t like this philosophy of TARDIS control and modified his TARDIS so it was more of an “equal partnership.” Basically the novel reveals that the TARDIS’s erratic navigation are the result of running things democratically.
    My point is that for all other TARDISes and Time Lords the Rassilon Imprimatur makes navigating through the Space-Time Vortex MUCH easier. It is a significant advantage that could be used in every adventure.

I do agree that some of the advantages should be lumped together. For example I’d put the rapid healing thing under the Regeneration thing. Many fans believe that there’s a connection between the two.

Regarding the advancement of the monsters I’d agree that their SKILLS shouldn’t change. A Dalek in the 1990s should be about as good at shooting people as one in 4000 AD. I do think that the technology should change. For cyborg races this will result in some changes of stats. I suspect that cyber-armor in the far future is much better then cyber-armor or 1986.

------------------
    Just remember, even though it’s a vacuum,
    In space no one can hear you Clean.
    -J.T.

Thumbs up

Thanks Bytus!

Your “Regeneration Rules” sound excellent. You might be interested in knowing that the New Adventures of Doctor Who novel TimeWyrm: Genesys actually confirms that the 3rd Doctor is better at operating the TARDIS then the 7th.
    Can I put your “Regeneration Rules” into my list of Time Lord advantages (with credit of course)?

I’d be willing to write up stats for the Time Lord equipment. Someone else will have to write up stuff for the other races (though I can offer advice). I’ll try to get a rough draft (with all the important gadgets) posted soon.

------------------
    -J.T.

Diamond wrote: “...But even that had disadvantages, as a Dalek consumed with dispair would explode in an overload of it's own energies "I have failed, I have failed!”...”

That brilliant! Finally an explanation for those suicidal Daleks in “Death to the Daleks,” and “Remembrance of the Daleks.”

------------------
    -J.T.

Lightbulb

Well here it is guys - the Gallifreyan Template! (with advantages for both Gallifreyans and Time Lords). The Bypass Respiratory advantage is Diamond’s. The Regeneration rules use material from both Diamond and Bytus (no offense guys?)

GALLIFREYAN TEMPLATE

ATTRIBUTES

Fitness 2 [5]
    Coordination 2 [5]
    Intellect 2 [6]
    Presence 2 [6]
    Psi 1 [5]

SKILLS

Computer (choose Spec) 1 (2)
    Culture (Gallifrey) 2 (3)
    History (Gallifrey) 1 (2)
    Language
    Gallifreyan 2
    Science, Any (choose Spec) 1 (2)
    Science, Any (choose Spec) 1 (2)
    World Knowledge (Gallifrey) 1 (2)

TYPICAL GALLIFREYAN ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGE

Bypass Respiratory System [+2]
    Excellent Hearing [+2]
    Excellent Sight [+2]
    Excellent Chemoreception [+1]
    Immortality Virus [+ 15 + 3(Unused regenerations)]
    Organ Redundancy [+2]
    Vacuum Seals [+1]
    Medical Problem (can be poisoned by Aspirin) [-2]
    Collar-bone nerve bundle [-2]
    Code of Honor (Respect for Life) [-5]
    Phobia (Agoraphobia) [-4]

TYPICAL TIME LORD ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
    (These are in addition to the typical Gallifreyan list)

Political Rank [+2 to +6]
    Rassilon Imprimatur [+6]
    Code of Honor (Word of a Prydonian) [-2]

NEW ADVANTAGES:

Bypass Respiratory System [+2]
    A Gallifreyan can operate in thin or reduced oxygen atmospheres for longer than a human can. They need only 25% of the oxygen normally needed by a human. This means a Gallifreyan can hold his breath for 20 rounds per point of Fitness+Vitality instead of the normal 5 (see Drowning). In addition, they can put themselves in a trance so as to avoid needing to breathe for (Fitness + Vitality) X 5 minutes.

Immortality Virus [+ 15 + 3(Unused regenerations)]
    This is the advantage of the nano-bots that exist inside all Gallifreyans. These nano-bots give several different advantages. These include
    Rapid Healing (see normal rule books)
    Self-Induced Cataleptic State: While in the death like coma (brain function, respiration and heart rate drop to virtually nothing) a Gallifrey may make healing rolls 3 times as often as normal. (This is in addition to the benefits of Rapid Healing).
    Temperature Tolerance: Allows a character to ignore temperatures between -60 to 165 degrees F.
    Immunity to Disease: Immune to almost all viruses, fungus, and disease.
    Regeneration: A Gallifreyan can sometimes regenerate if mortally wounded. Triggered whenever the character makes a routine willpower roll. They cannot regenerate if the body has been disintegrated, burned up, or chopped apart (severed body parts do not reattach, although Time Lord medicine might). Likewise Staser weapons and the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator prevent regeneration. Dying from old age can be regenerated. A character may not start play with more than 12 regenerations, and getting more is (almost) impossible. Once regenerated, the player should role-play a new personality, but the attributes, skills, and traits are mostly unchanged. The GM may allow the player to change certain mental traits at this time as long as the point cost is unchanged or lower. For example, the sixth Doctor gained the odious personal habit (highly eccentric) trait for a -1 reaction penalty.
    A note on Regeneration Skills: Each incarnation of a Gallifreyan has three Regeneration Skills. For example, the First Doctor would have started with three Regeneration Skills. These three Skills each would have received a +1 bonus to them. When the Doctor regenerated, the Skills would have been reset. The First Doctor's three Regeneration Skills are still there; they just no longer have the +1 bonus to them. Three Skills are then selected for the Second Doctor. These Skills should already be Skills that the Doctor already knows, or if the Doctor had enough Experience Points, could be purchased new. These new Regeneration Skills then gain the +1 bonus. Each of the current Regeneration Skills must be different; you cannot select a Skill twice to get a +2 bonus. However, a Skill may be selected for the current regeneration even if it was also selected for a past regeneration, as in the case of the Skill Personal Equipment (Sonic Screwdriver).
    Optional Regeneration Rule: The GM also may allow a Time Lord character to start play with regenerations at no point cost, but when the character regenerates a new player plays that character, to simulate the changed personality.
    Longevity: The critical age for a Gallifreyan is 450. Regeneration resets their age to zero for the purpose of determining critical age effects. (See STTNG Players Guide.)
    Reduced sleep: Gallifreyans need only half an hour of sleep a day.
    Resistant to Alcohol: The character has tolerance for alcohol. A character gets +2 on all fitness tests to resist the effects of alcohol.
    Reduced food intake: The character can easily survive on one meal a week. However they will prefer one a day.
    Radiation Resistance: The character receives -2 to the damage of all radiation rolls.

Political Rank [+2 to +6]
    Cost Position
    +1 Kithriarch: The leader of a House and is allotted cousins.
    +2 Junior Time Lord: The character has received the Rassilon Imprimatur, but is still enrolled in a Time Academy.
    +3 Time Lord Ordinal: Has graduated from a Time Academy and is one of 1000 Time Lords on the planet.
    +4 Time Lord Cardinal: A member of the High Council of the Time Lords. One of the 15 leaders of the planet Gallifrey.
    +5 Time Lord Chancellor: The “vice-president” of the Time Lords.
    +6 Time Lord President: Supreme ruler of the Planet Gallifrey.

Rassilon Imprimatur [+6]
    Rassilon Imprimatur is worked into the Biodata of the Initiates. This is makes a Gallifreyan a Time Lord by mapping the Gallifreyan into the Space-Time Vortex with Block-Transfer Numbers. They become linked to the heart of space-time and capable of changing their time state by thinking the right Block-Transfer equations. This symbiotic nucleus is needed to 'prime' a Time Travel Capsule and form a quasi-symbiotic link with the Capsule. It gives them the following abilities.
    Temporal Genius: This represents the Quasi-Symbiotic Link with TARDIS that all Time Lords have. They receive an extra die for all temporal technology or science rolls. For more info see All Our Yesterdays page 74.
    Temporal Sense: Skill of 1. This is actually a psionic skill that Time Lords receive with the Rassilon Imprimatur.

Vacuum Seals [+1]
    The eyes, nose, and ears can be sealed with nonporous membranes. Combined with Temperature Tolerance this means a Gallifreyan only suffers from oxygen deprivation when in a vacuum (use the drowning rules instead of the vacuum rules).

NEW DISADVANTAGES

Code of Honor (Respect for Life) [-5]
    Gallifreyans are trained from birth that all life is sacred and that violence is never the solution. This is a major part of Gallifreyan Culture. However it should be noted that not all Gallifreyans have this disadvantage (especially amongst the High Council).

Code of Honor (Word of a Prydonian) [-2]
    This is advantage is only taken by Time Lords of the Prydon Chapter. A character that has this disadvantage will never break his word.

Collar-bone nerve bundle [-2]
    A blow to the (right?) collarbone of a Gallifreyan does the same damage as a Vulcan Nerve Pinch. A Called Shot must be made. The difficulty modifier is +3.

Phobia (Agoraphobia) [-4]
    Gallifreyans are raised completely indoors. Most never venture out of their houses or domed cities. As a result most have a pronounced fear of the open sky and the outdoors in general. While outdoors a character with this disadvantage suffers a +2 to the difficulty of all Tests. This can be temporarily overcome by spending a courage point.

GALLIFREYAN AND TIME LORD PSIONC SKILLS
    The following is a list of psionic skills that some (but not all) Gallifreyans have.

Mind Meld: This represents the Entrelacement ability seen in “The Three Doctors”(see the Deep Space Nine RPG Core book page 81)
    Mind Shield (see the Deep Space Nine RPG Core book page 81)
    Projective Telepathy (see the Deep Space Nine RPG Core book page 82)
    Receptive Telepathy (see the Deep Space Nine RPG Core book page 82)
    Precognition (See the Next Generation Player’s Guide page 100)
    Mind Control: This represents the ever-popular Hypnotism ability of the Master. (See the Next Generation Player’s Guide page 100)
    Induce Trance (See the Next Generation Player’s Guide page 103)
    Control Body: Known on Vulcan as Rah-Tel (see The Way of Kolinahr page 87)
    Soul Catching: This rare skill allows a Gallifreyan to catch and hold the memories (and maybe the Katra) of another sentient being. It is usually done to save the memories of a dying Time Lord so that they may be stored in the Matrix. First the character must successfully perform Entrlacement (Mind Meld) with the target. Then the character must make a Challenging test. The target may resist (a free action), in which case the difficulty would be determined by Willpower or Mind Shield rolls.

I hope you guys like it. I’m open to suggestions and criticism.

------------------
    -J.T.

JT, you're welcome to use what you like. I'm just brainstorming here.

I am in the middle of a Gallifreyan Template myself. I like lots of detail in my games, unfortunately, my players don't. This is something that the ICON system seems to embrace. With this philosophy in mind, I was going to go for something more simplistic.

JT, I was wondering what sources you used for reference?

Has anyone given any thought to alternative series types?

The Star Trek Games had details for a Romulan-based series and plans for Klingon and Cardassian as well as others.

Has anyone thought of basing their series in one time zone? Instead of having a series with a Time Lord and TARDIS travelling through time and space, why not just have a bunch of characters in one specific time zone.

For example, there is no reason why not to play a Star Trek-like series set in the Doctor Who universe. Instead of the being in Starfleet, the characters could be a part of the Earth Empire or the Federation. They could cruise through space fighting off Daleks and Cybermen. The Third Doctor's story 'Frontier in Space' is a great time for a series like this. With Earth and Draconia having an unstable peace, not unlike that of the Federation and Klingon Empire.

The Doctor Who universe is full of interesting times and places, it's a shame not to explore them more fully.

This is my version of the Gallifreyan Template. I wanted to stay true to the Star Trek example. So, the things I kept in mind were:
    * Templates are worth 50 Development Points
    * This Template is for all Gallifreyans in general, not specifically Time Lords
    * Use only cannon sources
    * Keep it simple
    The Advantage/Disadvantage descriptions will come later. As well as the Time Lord Overlay.

Gallifreyan Template

Attributes
    Fitness 2 [5]
    Coordination 2 [5]
    Intellect 3 [6]
    Perception +1
    Presence 2 [6]
    Willpower +1
    Psi 1 [5]

Skills
    Culture (Gallifreyan) 2 (3)
    History (Gallifreyan) 1 (2)
    Language
    Gallifreyan 2
    Projective Telepathy 1
    Sciences, Any (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    World Knowledge (Gallifrey) 1 (2)

Typical Advantages/Disadvantages
    Organ Redundancy +2
    Rapid Healing +1
    Regeneration +3
    Resistance (Radiation/Temperature) +2
    Respiratory Bypass System +1
    Pacifism (Self-Defense) -3

Gallifreyans
    Gallifrey, the homeworld of the Gallifreyans, is located in the constellation of Kasterborus, 29,000 light years distant from Earth. The dominant lifeform on Gallifrey are the Gallifreyans and their society appears to have divided into three distinct classes. The ruling class are known as the Time Lords, who not only rule Gallifrey but also police the timeline. The most populous class are the average Gallifreyan citizens. The third class is a faction that has rebelled against Gallifreyan society, the Shobogans (or Outsiders).
    Outwardly, Gallifreyans resemble humans, though there are physiological differences. All Gallifreyans share the same physiology, this includes two hearts, a respiratory bypass system, greater fortitude against temperature and radiation, telepathic ability, and total bodily regeneration among others.
    Gallifreyan society is somewhat stale, and to a degree stagnant. The ruling class, the Time Lords, are divided further by the colleges they attended in order to achieve Time Lord status. The various colleges, such as Arcalians, Patrexes and Prydonians, are each controlled by a Cardinal. The Time Lords themselves are ruled by the High Council of the Time Lords. The High Council is headed by the President, who has ultimate power on Gallifrey. However, the President can be overruled by the High Council, if they are all in agreement. Also comprising the High Council is the Chancellor (the President's Secretary), the Cardinals (who head each of the Time Lord academies), and other various high-ranking officials. The Castellan is in charge of security in the Capitol, and commands the Chancellery Guards. To safeguard the Time Lords' interests, a covert arm of the High Council was created, the Celestial Intelligence Agency (CIA).
    Not all Gallifreyans or Time Lords are content with their positions within Gallifreyan society. A number of these have turned their backs on their homeworld, these individuals are known as renegades to other Gallifreyans. Other Gallifreyan renegades have even turned their backs on Gallifreyan civilization and technology. They are known as the Shobogans and live in the wilds on Gallifrey.
    The planet Gallifrey itself, for the most part, appears to be barren and wild. Only the Shobogans are known to reside on the surface. Most Gallifreyans safely reside inside their cities. The planet Gallifrey is protected by the transduction barriers, impenetrable force fields. However, despite it's defenses, Gallifrey has been invaded twice, once by the War Lords and once by the Vardans and the Sontarans. It has faced destruction at the hands of Omega and then later the Master.
    Time Lord history has spanned millions of years and much has been forgotten. When the Time Lords discovered time travel, the stellar engineer Omega caused a supernova which collapsed into a black hole. This provided the Time Lords with the power they needed for time travel. Later, Rassilon brought the black hole to Gallifrey and locked it beneath the Panopticon the heart of the Capitol on Gallifrey, where it became known as the Eye of Harmony. The Eye of Harmony provides the Time Lords with the virtually inexhaustible supply of energy they need to master time travel.
    Much of Time Lord history is forgotten or deliberately kept in secrecy. The early Time Lords were irresponsible with their powers and created the Death Zone. They scooped other beings or creatures from other times and places and forced them to fight in the Death Zone. Rassilon brought this practice to an end. After the war with the great vampires, and causing the destruction of Minyos, the Time Lords established a peaceful civilization and their strict policy of non intervention in the affairs of other races. The early Time Lords also created the Matrix, which became the repository of all their knowledge.

What were my sources?
    What sources didn’t I use?
    95% of what you see above came from the TV series, the novels (both Virgin and BBC), and FASA’s Doctor Who RPG. I’ve seen all the TV adventures that are complete. I’ve read all but 10 of the Virgin New Adventures. I’ve also read all but 5 of the BBC Eighth Doctor novels. Lars Pierson’s “I Who” fills in the past and missing Doctor novels.

NOTE: I tended to ignore advantages that the Doctor demonstrated unless there was direct confirmation that they were “standard” Gallifreyan/Time Lord advantages.
    Also does anyone have a way to justify low beginning skills (I’m trying to sorta keep to the heart of the Template standard) with the fact that Gallifreyan students are at least 70 years old? Should we just shrug and ignore it?

Oh and here’s something I forgot to add to the template. (Reaction +1) According to the Doctor (third?) Gallifreyan reactions are “a hundred times faster.” I think he was exaggerating but +1 seems reasonable.

------------------
    -J.T.

Bytus said:
    “The Advantage/Disadvantage descriptions will come later. As well as the Time Lord Overlay.”

A Time Lord overlay?
    Duh! That’s the obvious way to do it! And I thought I knew ICON!
    Bytus, this looks really good if all you’re interested in is the TV series.
    Some minor comments and questions:

Bytus said:
    “Willpower +1”

Where is it shown that Gallifreyans have strong wills? Most of them seem to be pushovers. Sure the Doctor has a strong will but I just figure that was a character thing, not a racial thing. Or am I misinterpreting things?

Bytus said:
    “Gallifrey, the homeworld of the Gallifreyans, is located in the constellation of Kasterborus, 29,000 light years distant from Earth.”

This is the number from “Terror of the Autons,” however in “Doctor Who” (the Fox TV movie) the Doctor said Gallifrey was 250,000,000 light years away from Earth. Do you have a reason for choosing one number over the other? (I prefer the 29,000 light year number because it’s supported by several novels)

Bytus said:
    “…Celestial Intelligence Agency (CIA).”

The Time Lord CIA stands for Celestial INTERVENTION Agency.

Bytus said:
    “Only the Shobogans are known to reside on the surface.”

Shobogan appears to be more equivalent to vandal or hoodlum. The “Outsiders” live on the surface of Gallifrey. Shobogan appears in “The Deadly Assassin” as an off-hand comment from Spandrell. Outsiders is the term used by Rodan to describe Nesbin and his followers in “The Invasion of Time.”

Great "simple" template. You're history is well written - concise yet covers all the important stuff. Hope my comments help!

------------------
    -J.T.

Well thankyou JT.

It's good to have a Doctor Who expert with us. Do keep fishing out any errors you find ... it's the only way to fix them.

OK ... The Willpower problem. I gave the them a +1 on willpower, because in the 'Brain of Morbius' story, the Doctor hinted at a battle of wills usually done back on Gallifrey. I don't remember the exact specifics of it, but Morbius and the Doctor battled wills together. Also other Time Lords are quite willful, the Master and the Rani have also displayed strong willed personas. Goth and the Doctor battled wills also in the Matrix in the 'Deadly Assassin.' This has left me with the impression that they are all stong willed ... usually.

As for Reaction +1, in the Fourth Doctor's first story 'Robot,' didn't he type up a REALLY quick message on the typewriter? Or was that just one of those things. Actually, I'm more incline to agree with you. I'd change my Template by adding Reaction +1 and removing Perception +1.

I had totally forgotten about the Movie when I typed up the description ... the movie also had the Doctor being half human. As for Gallifrey's location ... oops.

The CIA ... was a typo.

On Pay TV here, they are playing all of the complete Doctor Who stories. The next story is 'The Invasion of Time' ... I'll keep an eye out for the Shobogans.

The Gallifreyan Template was typed up in a hurry ... therefore there are errors. But at least we have you to fix all that.

I have tried to stay as close to cannon as I can. My intention is to help create an online Doctor Who RPG supplement. Some people feel very strongly about the whole cannon issue, so if I do incorporate noncannon things, then I'll put a footnote to indicate so. How does that sound?

Here are some of the Time Lord Overlays I've been rushing to complete.

Again, I've used the Star Trek ICON system as a guide. So these Overlays are constructed with 54 Development Points.

An * means that the Skill is a primary Skill for that Overlay.

Time Lord
    Once a Gallifreyan has graduated from one of the Time Lord Academies on Gallifrey, they join the Gallifreyan elite as a Time Lord. The Time Lords rule Gallifrey and police the timeline from damaging interference. Time Lord society is strict and somewhat ritualized. The Laws of Time and other obligations and restrictions, prevent the Time Lords from interfering in most events that occur throughout time and space. However, Time Lords do enter the field to correct unwarranted interference in the timeline, to observe, or to record historical events. The Time Lords have also been known to interfere on occasion.

Administration (Time Lord Bureaucracy) 1 (2)
    Computer (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Culture (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Diplomacy (Temporal Affairs) 2 (3)*
    Dodge 1
    Espionage (Observation) 1 (2)
    History (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Law (Laws of Time) 2 (3)*
    Personal Equipment (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Science, Any (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Shipboard Systems (Temporal Systems) 1 (2)
    Social Sciences (Historical Engineering) 2 (3)*
    Time Sense 1
    World Knowledge (choose Specialization) 1 (2)*

Rassilon Imprimatur +1
    Code of Honor (Laws of Time) -4

Time Lord CIA Agent
    The High Council of the Time Lords realized that their policy of strict non intervention could, in some circumstances, be a hindrance to their own interests and security. In an effort to balance this, the High Council formed a covert branch of Time Lords — the Celestial Intervention Agency. The CIA has greater autonomy than other Time Lords and are answerable only to the President and the High Council. For some time, the CIA have been suspected of improper judgment concerning the non intervention policy, as well as liberal interpretation of the Laws of Time. However, they appear to be able to meet all questions into their activities.

Dodge 1
    Energy Weapon (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Espionage (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    History (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Law (CIA Regulations) 2 (3)*
    Science, Any (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Security (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Social Sciences (Historical Engineering) 1 (2)
    Surveillance (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Time Sense 1
    Unarmed Combat (choose Specialization) 1 (2)

Rassilon Imprimatur +1
    Code of Honor (CIA Regulations) -4

NOTE: As part of this Overlay, a CIA Agent is considered not to possess the Pacifism (Self Defense) -3 Disadvantage.

Time Lord Renegade
    For reasons of their own, some Time Lords choose to rebel against the strict and rigid restrictions placed upon them. Some feel that intervention is necessary more often, others have their own secret agendas. Whatever their motivation, some Time Lords choose to leave Gallifrey and pursue their own interests. This decision is not without a price, never being able to return to Gallifrey, or to rely upon the assistance of the Time Lords if needed. Despite this, some Time Lords enjoy the freedom of roaming through time and space.

Athletics (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Culture (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Diplomacy (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Dodge 1
    Engineering, Any (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    First Aid (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    History (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Law (Laws of Time) 1 (2)
    Shipboard Systems (Temporal Systems) 2 (3)*
    Social Sciences (Historical Engineering) 2 (3)*
    Time Sense 1
    World Knowledge (choose Specialization) 1 (2)

Rassilon Imprimatur +1

Time Lord Technician
    It is generally accepted that the Time Lords possess superior technology, though not the most advanced species in the universe, they number among the highest. Great figures in Time Lord history, Omega and Rassilon among others, have advanced the Gallifreyan people to their current position. The Time Lords require specialized and innovative technicians, not only to create new technologies, but to maintain Gallifrey's technological dependence.

Athletics (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Computer (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Diplomacy (Temporal Affairs) 2 (3)
    Dodge 1
    Engineering, Any (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Law (Laws of Time) 1 (2)
    Shipboard Systems (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Time Sense 1

Rassilon Imprimatur +1

Time Lord Temporal Physicist
    The universe is a big place. Within it there are a number of unexplained, natural and artificial, temporal, spacial, or dimensional phenomena. To help expand their knowledge and understanding, some Time Lords have dedicated themselves to seeking out and studying these phenomena.

Computer (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Dodge 1
    Engineering, Theoretical (choose two Specializations) 2 (3) and (3)*
    Knowledge (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Law (Laws of Time) 1 (2)
    Personal Equipment (choose two Specializations) 2 (3) and (3)*
    Physical Sciences (choose two Specializations) 2 (3) and (3)*
    Space Sciences (choose Specialization) 2 (3)*
    Time Sense 1

Rassilon Imprimatur +1