Thread: "Oh, we're off to see the..."

Smile "Oh, we're off to see the..."

Hey guys,
    I just read an issue of Stardate magazine, which had an interesting idea: The Wizard Class starship. Here the beauty part: the ship is a ‘test bed’ ship, it has no ‘classification’, and will never change from an ‘NX’ to an ‘NCC’ (because of the fact it always be in a ‘prototype’ stage) and it’d be a great idea for a ‘Shakedown Cruise’. Think how neat it would be to have a ship that can be refitted time and time again during a single campaign year (and quickly as this is ships main function), players can opt for things that ‘work’ over things that ‘don’t’. The way I’d design this ship now is: make it a Class 5 ship (though I could see it being smaller, since you’re just testing components, and those can be miniaturized) , max it CUs, give a very powerful warp core, very powerful computer, and so on. The biggest question mark is: how in SD can you make a ship truly modular?
    Any thoughts?

------------------
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

my guess is to do it similar to Battletech,the way they do with the clan battlemechs instead of tonnage put into groups it would be SUs.
    After your basics (hulls,sif,idf,if it saucer seperates,basic crew) then the rest of the SUs is put into groups
    example:
    group 1 power generation
    group 2 warp nacelles
    group 3 impulse
    group 4 medical/recreation
    group 5 sensors/labs
    grooup 6 weapons
    and so on
    then you can swapout/add/subtract those groups at whim
    My group has already done this,but to describe it better I would have to think about it as it would take a bit of space.

well thats my .05% latinum strip worth anyway

Yep, its all about BT pod space for the Clan Omni Mechs.
    The easy way anyhow!

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator