Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Akira and Fighters vs D'Deridex Warbird

Cool

Pesterfield, Do you have Spacedock? If you don't, this is going to be a bit hard for you. You'll only be able to issue general sorts of commands and then I get to (hehe) interpret them.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

I have Spacedock. I'll try to issue commands as clearly as possible.

Can we try electronic warfare as well? Comm. jamming, computer hacking, etc.

Sarge, don't you think the Romulans are facing enough of a stacked deck already?

Comment on the SAF. Ditch the warp drive. Considering almost all actions will be in star systems were you can't go to warp and the fighters should never be beyoung range of their carriers.

Not that I'm complaining, but why is the Akira alone? What happened to carrier being the center of a battlegroup?

Question

Sorry for the stupid question, but... Is it necessary to have any knowledge about the Icon System to play this one?

My core rulebook must be arriving next week, but I already have Spacedock and SRMV1. I'm familiar with the rules presented in Spacedock, what I can't say about the Icon System. So... may I play?

Cool

Hmm, some nibbles B)

Okay, yes Pesterfield you can do ECM, etc. Check page 150 thereabouts in SD. The Vanguard is by herself because it makes better Star Trek. Its bad enough she can field a couple of wings of fighters. As for warp drive on the SAFs, I guess Steve will let us know after he gets back from the 'Beaches of Doom'.

Appreciate the offer, Sarge, but I think we have enough on the plate at the moment. Why don't you play? Love to have you captain the Vanguard or one of the fighter wings.

dhorkan, all you need is Spacedock and the SRM. Are you interested in the Vanguard or a wing of six Starfleet Attack Fighters?

------------------

If the Vanguard wants to be a little more subtle with his recon/search patrols, you're welcome to assign one or two of my Snipehawks or Starsnipes. I'd like to know just how sneaky they can be, compared to a D'Deridix.

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Talking

The Vanguard?... Hmm.... I really would like to choose it, but if someone else has already picked, I'll take the wing of fighters.

What are the procedures to play? Have I to register somewhere else? Email me if possible with the explanations.

The Vanguard is an Akira, isn't it? Is there any modification or I can just pick the basic template presented on SRM?

Thanks for the invitation, Cmdr Powers, but the timing is lousy. I'm deploying for a base mobility exercise next week, then I'll be taking two weeks of leave. If I had time, I'd love to, but I can't.

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Cool

dhorkan, glad to have you captain the Vanguard if you're up to it. The USS Vanguard, NCC-68707 ("The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars!") is an Akira class heavy cruiser. For simplicities sake, we will use the template provided in the SRM by Steve Long. Please look back up the thread to get the list of auxiliaries the Vanguard carries and a general background to the adventure.

At this time, there will be no separate registration or location to go to to play. I'm hoping we can carry this out right here (but perhaps on a new thread).

As of now, we have two players: pesterfield in command of the Romulan D'Deridex class warbird, and dhorkan as captain of USS Vanguard. Is this correct?

dhorkan, obrigado and welcome aboard!

------------------

Cool

Thanks a lot Cmdr!!

I gladly accept the post as captain of the Vanguard. Let's see if the lessons at the Academy will be worthwhile against the romulans, hehehehe.....

I'll take a look on the information already posted regarding the Vanguard's complement of fighters and equipment. Thanks for the hint.

BTW, do you speak portuguese? Fascinating...

Cool

I agree with wolfe. I think the starship battles egroup can fit exactly into our needs, perhaps opening new possibilities to a more sophisticated game.

Cool

I can see that the yahoo groups site would be a good idea for this.

Two questions: How long do we have to wait for Wolf-359 to be finished? And, Why do we have to wait? Can't we just be another thread?

------------------

Wink

Nah, just polite (and smart) enough to know they speak Portugese in Brazil- not Spanish!

------------------

lets put it this way the longer that takes the longer you can prepare for it..
    ask dan and steve about the could of should of.. would of..(of preparing something like this) I'm sure they would tell you the better prepared the better the game{not saying anything bad about the current game mind you or your ability too mind you)..

[This message has been edited by wolfe (edited 02-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers:
    At this time, there will be no separate registration or location to go to to play. I'm hoping we can carry this out right here (but perhaps on a new thread).
    Well, as I suggested earlier, once the Borg 359 re-enactment is over and done with you are welcome to use the starship_battles yahooegroups I set up...

This is the exact thing it was set up for, and has its own galary of lurkers (ie; previous combatants...)

Let me know if your interested.

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"