Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Akira and Fighters vs D'Deridex Warbird

Thumbs up

Using the battlegroups site would be the best way to do it.
    you can do more there than just post messages.
    Maps,pictures,files and whatnot that you may deem neccesary to the game..

not to mention it will take alot of posts from start to finish.

Preparation is a very good thing. Read Spacedock closely now and that will give each participant time to ask questions before the game begins if they are confused about something.

I know where I am laying my odds. I am just curious to see how close it is to the outcome.

Regards,
    CKV.

Cool

All right, point taken. My wife even agrees!

Read your manuals. I'll read mine. I still need volunteers to command the two wings of 6 SAFs. Once we've got our vic- participants, and the hole appears at egroups, we'll get to it!

In the meantime, we're still waiting on some data from Steve (or Don, if he finishes up the supplement). If you have ANY questions, please post here or privately.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Cool

Roger that commander....

We're reviewing that tactics learned at the Academy to improve them against the romulans....
    Just a question.... have we to fight to the very end, or may we try to negotiate a truce or, in case of our victory, just arrest the romulans instead of kill them all?

Cool

Since you're a long, long way from Federation space, your tactical solution must be such that you would have a chance to get back there some day. As for negotiation, well, let's see how the Romulans respond to the presence of a Starfleet heavy cruiser in their 'back yard'. (You can always try...)

------------------

Talking

Always nice to know that there ARE more brasileiros around !

Good luck, man !

------------------
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Cool

Thanks, man!

May the luck be with me, hehehehe.... I think the warbird will be a REAL challenge...

See ya

Cool

I would be more than happy to lead one of the fighter groups. If they have not been taken yet.

I know I turned down the command of one Squadron . . . but question . . . if I were to assume command of one, how would this be done? I'm a busy man with things to do . . . I mean I'll sacrific for this venture . . . but I gotta know whether I'm capable of doing this . . . I mean I don't wanna go in and not be able to deliver fully for you guys.

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

Roxe, glad to have you aboard. As the first person to volunteer to command a wing of six Starfleet Attack Fighters, I hereby appoint you to the rank of Lt. Commander and the position of Chief of Flight Operations (known as 'CAG' for some obscure historical reason) onboard USS Vanguard.

You do need to have Spacedock and the Starship Recognition Manual to play. I hope this isn't a problem. They can be found in the computer core of the trekrpg.net site.

We should be about this little battle soon. Pick your personal fighter from the list posted above and let us know your callsign.

Hopefully Steve will fill us in on the general specs for the fighter shortly.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Powers (edited 03-02-2001).]

JALU13, I'd be happy to have you command the other wing after Roxe. Basically, we would be using the Yahoo! egroups site already set up for starship battles. You guys would send me your actions for each turn and I would generate the results. This makes a turn play out over a day or so, so it provides plenty of time to respond to events. Pesterfield might think that you three were ganging up on him, but I think that having one player in Brazil, one in Kansas, and the last one in California ought to provide sufficient 'distance' to make coordination between you three a fairly big problem. We'll see.

------------------

I understand that each ship has a Capt. and each wing of fighters a commander, are you going to allow for others to play ?

Say for instance as the Shuttle, Talon, or Danube pilots ?

If so I would be interested in taking the Romulan Shuttle, or if you thought it was reasonable to give the Romulans an equavilant to the Danube and talons then perhaps a Theta Class Swift Courier.

------------------
    Doug Odell

Thumbs up

hmmm . . . for the wing that I'm commanding . . . I'm presuming that they are the Peregrine class . . . and that we are using the info in the Core. Furthermore, may I please have the names and Emails of each group commander currently assigned to the USS Vangaurd?

As far as CAG is concerned . . . CAG stands for . . . to this day Commander Air Group . . . for Air Wings aren't part of a vessel, rather they are "attached" to a vessel for a certain duration . . . usually air wings circulate once every other cruise to allow air wings to modernize and train while they aren't attached to a "Carrier." As far as the Rank of a CAG, nowadays the CAG is given the rank of CAPT or CMDR, for not only is he incharge of the 80 some odd aircraft (fighters (F-14 & F/A-18E), attack/fighters (F/A-18F or C/D), AntiSub (S-3B), EW (EA-6B), EAW(E-2C), COD (C-2), and varies helos (SH-60B/F). Furthermore, he/she is in command of the maintanance and ordanance support personnel. See my other postings on my ideas on the size of an Air Wing.

As far as the idea of the Romulan Warbird having an Air Wing of it's own, it's large enough that they do . . . and have shuttlebays the size of some small starships. However, in film we have seen nothing to support this idea . . . furthermore . . . it would put the Balance WAY on the Romulan side. What do you all think?

As far as my Character Stats . . . I'll get that to you on my next posting.

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

Hopefully Steve will fill us in on the general specs for the fighter shortly.
    Well, the DWS, with the SAF template in it, should be available "real soon now" (Don is making steady progress).

If it's not available in time and begins to interfere with your simulation -- which, as I understand it, won't begin until after the fleet destroys my Borg cube in the current simulation -- then contact me privately and we'll see what can be arranged.

Steve Long

Question

What is the DWS?