Thread: Post-movie, Pre-TNG

Question Post-movie, Pre-TNG

Now, I've seen pre-TOS, TOS, Movie, TNG, and MovieTNG era ships, but I've never seen any Pre-TNG ships. granted most of the ships in TNG are also pre-TNG but what about the ships we heard about in the movie era but never saw, and ships that croped up a little later and never saw "film". I mean there's sixty+ years to work with! sixty years that saw the Romulan/Klingon war, The final forming of the Klingon/Federation alliance, the first skirmishes with the Cardasians, The Destruction of the Enterprise-B, the Launch of the Enterprise-C. and too many other things to mention. I find it hard to believe that the only ships built during that era were the Excelsior, the Ambassador, the Constellation, and the Miranda classes. is there a book or a few ideas that stem from other fans? maybe a class of ship meant to be the successor to the Constitution but failed. So what do you think?

------------------
    it's pretty obvious that the Borg never played "Risk" as a little collective.

Talking

YOu might look in Mastercoms "Ships of Starfleet ..... Vol. 1" it covers that era a bit , some in between ships like a Constition refit guide and a few ships based on the Miranda

------------------
    "Seatbelts?!?! Why would we need those on a starship?" Starfleet's first bridge designer

Dont forget the Soyuz and Obearth class's for canon examples...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

Originally posted by warmon4:
    YOu might look in Mastercoms "Ships of Starfleet ..... Vol. 1" it covers that era a bit , some in between ships like a Constition refit guide and a few ships based on the Miranda

Where can I find Mastercoms?

------------------

Lightbulb

You might try to find their 2 books {second one is Vol. 2}at Amazon or any other online book store. They are both out of print but great to have and some are still out there.

------------------
    "Seatbelts?!?! Why would we need those on a starship?" Starfleet's first bridge designer

[This message has been edited by warmon4 (edited 03-03-2001).]

Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    Dont forget the Soyuz and Obearth class's for canon examples...

Soyuz class was retired 75 years ago according to Canon information.. TNG episode dealing with the ship that cvollided with the Enterprise D. I'm guessing the Soyuz was an early Miranda Class Prototype, maybe limited numbers, a testbed for the Miranda class. I think if you look at the spacedock book there were plentyu of ship[s that were Pre TNG, the New Orleans, the Rennasaince, Ambassador, the Apollo, Etc.

You know what? The day after I posted the question "where can I find mastercoms?" I visited the bookstore I work at, and there was "The Ships of Starfleet" on the shelf. it's only volume I, but I'll find vol II in a few days so thanks guys!

------------------

Smile

I could recommend Price of Freedom, the UFP sourcebook by LUG. And additionally you'll find find a starship recon manual on my homepage:
    www.nav.to/emperorsarm under the Star Trek section. You'll find it in the ship area.
    The ships I included there were named in Price of Freedom, but only name and type were mentioned nothing else. So take a look at it you could use it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    I'm guessing the Soyuz was an early Miranda Class Prototype, maybe limited numbers, a testbed for the Miranda class. [/B]</font>
    it might be so if the NCC-numbers counts...
    USS Miranda was NCC-1864 when the Bozeman was NCC-1941. The lowes NCC I found is USS Lantreee, NCC-1837.

I like more from some kind of parrael design-theory.