Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bridge Pics? Schematics? Hand Drawn? :)

OK, looking at the schematic there is no way that is a redress of Voyager's bridge. it IS an Excelsior redress.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

Then the illustration is wrong - The videotape clearly shows it to be a redress of Voyager's bridge. When in doubt, go to the source. "Primary source," as the scholars say...

I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

Voyager's bridge has four doors. Equinox has two. The stations are much more expansive on the Equinox than they are on Voyager. There is absolutely no way it can be Voyager's bridge redressed. And from a practical point of view, why would they waste time redressing Voyager's bridge when they already have the Excelsior set which they've been using as a generic Starfleet bridge for ages.

I've checked the tape again myself, and as far as I can tell, the schematic is fairly accurate.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 02-10-2001).]

Think I've got to agree with the boys from Dundee on this one. Looks like an Excelsior/Prometheus style redress.

But with Trek you never can tell. Might be a completely new set.

I'm pretty sure that every Starfleet bridge other than the series' main ships is a redress of the movie Enterprise and/or Exelsior bridge. This includes the Enterprise-D battle bridge.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

Originally posted by USS Intrepid:
    I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

Voyager's bridge has four doors. Equinox has two. The stations are much more expansive on the Equinox than they are on Voyager. There is absolutely no way it can be Voyager's bridge redressed.
    Having once served on another USS Intrepid I don't like to contradict the Intrepid's captain, but I have to agree that it looks like a redress of the USS Voyager's bridge. Don't forget that those "walls" with panels and duty stations can all come off or be moved around and shot from different angles.

But more importantly the Intrepid- and Nova-class ships seem to have a center pit. Not a raised center seat that the USS Excelsior appeared to have. Plus the USS Equinox seems much larger than the cramped USS Excelsior bridge set.

I could be wrong and think we should just wait until a set designer working on the show tells us the truth.

A Lowly Lieutenant

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LtBarry72:
    [B] I have to agree that it looks like a redress of the USS Voyager's bridge. Don't forget that those "walls" with panels and duty stations can all come off or be moved around and shot from different angles.

But more importantly the Intrepid- and Nova-class ships seem to have a center pit. Not a raised center seat that the USS Excelsior appeared to have. Plus the USS Equinox seems much larger than the cramped USS Excelsior bridge set.

I could be wrong and think we should just wait until a set designer working on the show tells us the truth.

[QUOTE]

Well waiting until a set designer comments is a fair point.

As far as the centre pit comment is concerned, the Excelsior set does have a centre pit. And the set isn't that cramped. Voyager's bridge is actually a fairly small set - it's spaciousness is an illusion. And as you rightly pointed out, the walls can be moved. So can the seats, and any dias they may be mounted on. Go watch Flashback. There are 2 steps down from the side stations into the command pit on Excelsior as well.

Look at the aft stations on the Equinox bridge. Those are the same aft stations from the Excelsior/Ent-B set (albeit redressed). It even has the same railings. The Conn station is the same one from the Prometheus bridge. There are two doors onto the bridge, not four (as in Voyager's). Watch the scene where Lessing enters the bridge from the turbolift.
    It is (to me) fairly obviously the Excelsior/Ent-B generic set. I really don't understand the confusion. It's not even the right shape to be Voyager's bridge.

I'll go haul out whatever bridge schematics I can find, and go do some caps from the episode to illustrate. Hopefully get them up in a couple of days.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 02-10-2001).]

AslanC Guest

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    OK, scan of the Nova class bridge is online... Copied directly out of the fact files...

It can now be found on my pages; http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk/nova_bridge.htm
    (Beware, BIG image)
    </font>
    I never thanked you for this. So let me do so now. Thank you very, very much for the scan

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Here is a site that has a few bridges. Just some sketches that were worked up.

http://www.geocities.com/practical_u...s/bridges.html

It seems someone out there has scanned the very bridge sought after...

http://members.aol.com/sulpop/nova_bridge.jpg

If you will go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LUGTre...s%20Bridge.jpg
    you will find a sample of the sort of work, Denzil Miracle and I are doing for a set of deck plans for the Akira class.

What do you think?

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

AslanC Guest

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cmdr Powers:
    What do you think?</font>
    So are the Akira's supposed to be really big or something? Sizewise I mean.

Great layout though, and I love the fact you put in heads

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

The Akira class is about 464 meters long. The saucer is just about as wide as a Sovereign's. Big Ship.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Angry

I'd love to look at it, but this freakin' yahoo group thing is a pain in the ass to get onto. Could they find a few more steps for signing up?

Still waiting on this bloody authorization #.

Thumbs up

'bout time. Still think they make joining to damn difficult (I'm impatient, what can I say?), but I got through.

I like it, powers. We've got some players on an Akira. Up until now, I've been using the bridge from the Soveriegn; layout looks pretty similar.