Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bridge Pics? Schematics? Hand Drawn? :)

AslanC Guest

Question Bridge Pics? Schematics? Hand Drawn? :)

I am looking for some kind of indicator as to what the layout of a NOva class ship bridge looks like...can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Aslan

The great web sites just keep roling in.
    Thanks for the referral kalamaro.

I could have hours of fun on a site like this. Not to mention all of the good visual aids for my adventures.

Once again, thanks!

The only Nova Class ship we've ever seen used the Intrepid Class USS Voyager's bridge set, with appropriate Okudagram changes (ship cutaway monitor on the aft bulkhead) and lots o'battle damage.

Since it's such a small bugger, I assume the same bridge design as the defiant. But that ain't canon, of course.

ex astris scienza is a great site, though...

ask these guys here: http://www.scifi-art.com/
    go to the forums there there is even an animated bridge(I believe a modified defiant class)

AslanC Guest

Cool

I have poured over my copy of Equinox pt 1&2 and as near as I can tell it is indeed a modified Intrepid bridge, scaled down and slighty changed. The problem is, as Owen said, it is badly damaged and hard to get a fix on.

I will take your advice wolfe and ask around the sci-fi art forums

The Star Trek Fact Files recently had the Equinox Bridge in it, which will probably put it in Star Trek the magazine soon enough...

If you can hold on till the weekend I can scan it in.

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

Actually the Nova class bridge was a redress of the Excelsior bridge set, not Voyagers.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

AslanC Guest

I would love a scan sir. That would be great.

(Though their ship got blown up this session and Starfleet is putting them on a Nebula, check the Narrator's room for full details)

Now as to it being an Excellsior redress, I am curious where this information comes from? I don't doubt it and see some of the similarities, but I am just curious.

I just looked at my tape, and the bridge is quite definitely a dirtying down of the Voyager bridge - no doubt about it. It is not the Excelsior bridge, which is itself simply a redress of the STV/VI Enterprise-A with the Enterprise-D's Conn and Ops consoles.

OK, I got the scan, and have to transfer it over before I can send it out. But I agree, its most definatly an Intrepid redress, but only the centre as th bridge is circular again...

------------------
    Dan.

Sorry but I disagree. I still think it is a redress of the Excelsior bridge.

The display layout and command pit structure does not match the Voyager bridge set. The aft bridge stations are clearly those from the Excelsior set. You can also see the similarities to the Prometheus bridge (same set again). I think the one of the points of confusion is the side by side captain XO chairs they added to make it look more like Voyager's bridge. But it is not the same set. There aren't even enough doors for it to be Voyager's bridge.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 02-10-2001).]

any one have pic of equinox bridge, let make me an idea

OK, scan of the Nova class bridge is online... Copied directly out of the fact files...

It can now be found on my pages; http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk/nova_bridge.htm
    (Beware, BIG image)

One thing the magazine seems to do better (by the sounds of it), is to print these orthographic views on a single page...

These 2 A4 page views dont scan well as you will see from the missing 2mm of page...

------------------
    Dan.