Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bridge Pics? Schematics? Hand Drawn? :)

You ought to see how it looks projected on a large-scale diagram of the Akira. The only change I'm making to deck one at this time is that there should only be two ports in the bridge shuttlebay control room. You can't quite get a Peregrine or Valkyrie in that bay, but you can get all the standard shuttlecraft in (one at a time, of course- ).

We intend, eventually, to do plans for all of the decks on the Akira. Some will go faster than others. The flight deck area is just about roughed out now.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Thumbs up

Here here!! Go CMDR Powers!

Thanks, but mine was merely the sketches. Denzil Miracle did the execution in autocad. Glad you like it. I think we're ready to tackle the the rest of the ship now, deck by deck. Ghod help us when we get to the spars/booms.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Oops...
    You must be signed in to access the group LUGTrek.

To sign in, please click here: Sign In
    </font>
    I'm running PBEm-game based on akira, and I'm usinf brdge design of my own. But I still really like to see this one

Thumbs up

Very nice indeed, Cmdr Powers.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.

Ok then..Now when I have seen it, I say my comments:

1. Are the captains of teh Akiras too Scottyish and can't take a heavy trip down to lower decks, whre teh shuttlebays locates?

2. As far as I know, teh Akiras were designed as a warships (or sor of) Atleas her designer has said something like that.
    So why tere is a VIP lounge?
    BTW, I think htat ready room should be renamed to conferece room or something like that.

Well I do not understand the Bridge Problem. Watching the Episodes of TNG and DS9 you'll see that there is not "the bridge" of Starfleet, even not refered to a single class. The Yamato has a different Bridge to the enterprise-d, the Nebula Bridge of the Sutherland ( Data's ship ) looks complete different and the enterprise-d's bridge changes from the series to the movie. And also the Excelsor has a different bridge than the enterprise-b. As a consequence I always make my own bridges and you'll find them at my homepage www.nav.to/emperorsarm in the Star Trek section at the special ships area.

Question

One question, Powers...I've got my Akira model here and the bridge looks like it should be about deck three. There is at least a deck above it in the outriggers. That's no including the weapons/engine pod in the back.

Originally posted by heikki:
    Ok then..Now when I have seen it, I say my comments:

1. Are the captains of teh Akiras too Scottyish and can't take a heavy trip down to lower decks, whre teh shuttlebays locates?

We put a shuttlebay there because there seems to be one in the diagrams and preproduction artwork of the Akira. There certainly is that little control room.

2. As far as I know, teh Akiras were designed as a warships (or sor of) Atleas her designer has said something like that.
    So why tere is a VIP lounge?

Yes, the Akira's are warships, but Starfleet is primarily an exploratory arm of the Federation and if Akira's are to continue to serve, they need to be able to perform more tasks than ripping a new one on alien enemies. Besides, what safer way to get a VIP (ambassador, diplomat, admiral, UFP president, etc.) from one spot to another than onboard an Akira class?

BTW, I think htat ready room should be renamed to conferece room or something like that.

You're right. It should be called the 'Briefing Room'.

Thanks for the comments.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Powers (edited 03-26-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by qerlin:
    One question, Powers...I've got my Akira model here and the bridge looks like it should be about deck three. There is at least a deck above it in the outriggers. That's no including the weapons/engine pod in the back.</font>
    You're right. We're going to have to number the boom decks separately- or change the bridge to deck 3 (something I'm resisting because I've always thought of the main bridge as deck 1. The nomenclature will probably be something like 'Starboard Engineering Deck X'.

------------------

Wait a minute... what Akira model? One of those resin castings. Gee I wish I had some spare bucks...

------------------

If you're interested in some brige CGIs try:
    http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/u...ML/000271.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ComaBoy:
    If you're interested in some brige CGIs try:
    http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/u...ML/000271.html
    </font>
    That bridge was fantastic. I don't think we're up to that level yet, but I'd love to see our Akira class bridge executed like that. Thanks for passing along the URL.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cmdr Powers:

We put a shuttlebay there because there seems to be one in the diagrams and preproduction artwork of the Akira. There certainly is that little control room.
    </font>
    Preproducction artwork? Are they in hte net somewhere?

I have always thought taht the Akira has shuttlebay in the middle of the saucer section,not that high as deck 2!

And yes! seanr is coold brige-maker!

If you will go here: http://members.tripod.com/thefsd/sttm/akira.html
    you will find a copy of the material printed in Star Trek: the Magazine concerning Alex Jaeger's design notes for the Akira. If you look at the pre-production paintings at the bottom of the article, you will see the back of the bridge as well as the aft shuttlebay doors. Check it out.

------------------