Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Akira vs D'Deridex Simulation

Cool

Hehehehe.... I have pretty funny ideas about what to do with the survivors....

"Survivors? Where? By the way, it's time to perform that adjustment in the phaser arrays, right lieutenant?"...

Sorry, just kidding, hehehehehehe......

Ronaldo Marques

Cool

We'll never know how the game might have worked out otherwise, because: a) I had to keep us on track as a combat sim. and b) I ain't doin' this agin ferawile!!

Seriously, it has been quite an experience with a surprising amount of good roleplaying going on. I've enjoyed doing this even when my wife stomped up to the computer room door and said, "do you have any idea what time it is??!!!"

Turn 11 results should be done shortly...

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Every one . . . if I haven't said it before I'll say it again, Good Game everyone, a pleasure and an honor it was to play with all of you, including our opponents.

The Normal play in the middle made for some very interesting RPGing . . . but I still have to wonder . . . what must be so important that someone is willing to go at war with a Allie over? Well if this becomes some long strung game . . . we may find out.

As far as the simulation goes it showed that an Akira and her Air Wing was a match to a much larger vessel, in the case a Romulan Warbird (I forget the class name off the top of my head)(Oh, what is the designation for a Romulan Naval Vessel?). However, we, the air crew, (I think) didn't use the manueverability of the Starfleet Attack Fighters to the best of their advantages . . . namely the manueverability.

Furthermore, it would be great if those fighters had better shields, but that wouldn't balance them out. And even without that they are like PT boats with 10 inch cannons.

Is it possible, 'CMDR Powers', that you can email me a standard version of the SAF, I mean using standard Last Unicorn Core book stats. If possible, may I use it in my own RPG?

As for the Romulans . . . can you imagine what a moving warbird would do to any SAFs in her way?

:-) ok, got to rest now, night.

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

You make some good points JALU3.

At the back of Space Dock is the section on converting Space Dock ships to regular LUGTrek ships. If you don't still have the SAF stats I can resend them to you and they will be very easy to convert. OTOH, DWSB is just about to pop up here (so they say) and you'll have them anyway.

As for the reason for the fight, you guys found part of it in the debris field from the Tactical Cube. Somebody has turned one of Planet 3's moons into a gigantic beam weapon that fires pure anti-protons- absolutely pure! The Romulans lost part of their away team investigating it. The 'doomsday machine' that Kirk ran into was just a prototype for this device. When the Romulans realized what they had found, they were forced to do anything to keep it in their hands only by Romulan SOP.

And there you have it. A reason for 'allies' to fight each other.

Of course, eventually the Federation and Romulans will be good friends...

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Thumbs up

Thanks to one and all involved in this sim. I for one, really enjoyed watching this play out.

Congrats to the fleeters for their victory, and better luck next time to the Romulans (well, maybe not. )

'CMDR Powers':
    The version that you gave me was slightly corrupted . . . this hard to read. Can you send me it in Microsoft Word version if possible. And if you have the time . . . can you send me a converted version also. Thanks.

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

"You and I are of a kind. In another universe, I might have called you friend." -transmission ends

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

*Bump* so I can find this when I get home.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....