Thread: New School: Mountain Warfare

Arrow Retiled: Mountain Affairs Source thread

Mountain Warfare School
    Located on Andoria, Earth and Vulcan the various facilities of this school are designed to prepare Ground Froce and Starfleet personnel in the special needs of the environment which both cold and dry mountain climates present to all personnel. It also trains the personnel who make up the 6 very tough Ground Force Mountain regiments as well as Rapid Response Team and Ranger Starfleet Security personnel
    These troops are trained in the specialized nature of fighting in mountains and learn the skills which allow them to bring their previously learned skills to full effect such as rope climbing and mountain survival. The Advance school is divided into two main courses, one for ski troops and another for Mountain troops as while as the conducting of a Tactics & Survival school.
    Most Mountain troops return to the school so they can completly master all the skills needed for their profession. Eventually all Mountain troop officers and Senior NCOs also return to take the Tactics & Survival school

During Character Creation, the player recieves 10 Development points to spend at the Mountain warfare school, During play Characters spend 20 Experience points for each course.

Requirements: Open to All Personnel, acceptence based on opennings.
    Ski Troop Course: Athletics (Skiing) 1 (2), Planetside Survival (Cold Climate) 1(2), Excellant Metabolism +1

Mountain Troop Course: Atheltics (Mountain Climbing) 1(2), Planetside Survival (Mountain CLimate) 1(2), Excellant Balance +1

Mountain Tactics & Survival School (10 dp)
    Requirements: Officers of GF Captain and SF Lieutenants and above; NCO's, GF 1st Sergeants and Senior CPO and above

Tactics Course: Planetary Tactics (Mountain Warfare) 1 (2), Strategic Operations (Mountain Warfare) 2(3) +1 Contact

Survival Course: Ground Vehicle Operation(Sled)1(2), Planetside Survival (Arctic Climate) 2(3), +1 Bold
    Last edited by Eric R.; 10-02-2001 at 07:46 PM.

etc....

I am also looking for a better name than just "Mountain Warfare School" Ideas please.

I am also thinking of expanding this more, an enlisted and officer overlay, a few commendations. tour of duty packages would there be any interest for this?

Just in writing this I can think of a Mountain Search and Rescue Course to add.

How about Mountinous Terrain Combat Training

Karg

I like the work that's going on here, it's very well thought out and has alot of potential. But at this rate we'll cover every specialty that is used by the US Army in SGF in a matter of time. Anyone like to comment on this?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Re: New School: Mountain Warfare

Originally posted by Eric R.
    Mountain Warfare School

<Snip>

Survival Course: Ground Vehicle Operation(Sled)1(2), Planetside Survival (Arctic Climate) 2(3), +1 Bold
    OK, while I am not really that interested in the more militant Star Fleet I AM interested in developing this last package... I see a lot more potential for my games with specific packages for terrain specific survival courses...

Although, with the mountain training I would probably swap sled for climbing in a basic package, one open to all...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

TAKES DEEP BREATH

All right the overlays below are based on an idea for expanded overlays using 66 dp for officers and 48 dp for enlisted to represent elite troops. These are the first I have made and are too be considered very rough at this moment in time so be gentle.

if you don't like the idea fine either:
    1.) remove 12 points worth and go from there.
    2.) Skip advanced training and the cadet crusie in development.
    3.) Use it in the free form method to just build with.

These can be used to build normal command or security officers with by picking the right tour of duty packages to make up the missing parts.

MOUNTAIN GROUND FORCE OFFICER (66 dp)
    Administration (Choose Specialization) 1(2)
    Athletics (Mountaineering)(Skiing) 2(3)(3)
    Command (Choose Specialization) 2(3)
    Computer (Choose Specization) 1(2)
    Dodge 1
    Energy Weapon (Phaser Rifle) 2(3)
    First Aid (Combat/Wound Trauma) 1(2)
    History (Federation) 1(2)
    Language
    Federation Standard 1
    Law (Starfleet or Ground Force Regulations) 1(2)
    Personnel Equipment (Choose Specialization) 1(2)
    Planetside Surivial (Mountain Climate) (Cold Climate) 1(2)(2)
    Planetary Tactics (Mountain Warfare) (Choose Specialization) 2(3)(3)
    Throwing 1
    Unarmed Combat (Starfleet Martial Arts) 1(2)
    Vehcile Operations (Choose Specialization)1(2)

+1 Excellant Metabolism or Balance
    +2 Toughness

ENLISTED MOUNTAIN GROUND TROOPER (46 dp)
    Athletics (Mountaineering)(Skiing) 1(2)(2)
    Dodge 1
    Energy Weapon (Phaser Rifle) 2(3) and Heavy Weapon (Choose Sepecialization)1(2)
    OR
    Energy Weapon (Phaser Rifle) 1(2) and Heavy Weapons (Choose Specialization) 2(3)
    First Aid (Combat/Wound Trauma) 1(2)
    History (Federation) 1(2)
    Language
    Federation Standard 1
    Personnel Equipment (Choose Specialization) 1(2)
    Planetside Survival (Mountain) (Cold Climate) 1(2)(3)
    Planetary Tactics (Mountain Warfare)(Small Unit)1(2)(3)
    Throwing 1
    Unarmed Combat (Starfleet Martial Arts) 1(2)

+1 Excellant metabolism or Balance
    +2 Toughness