Thread: Questions and things to point out.

Post Questions and things to point out.

First off, I would like to point something out that one of my players who works at the University of Arkansas here in Fayetteville, he's informed me that he tried to print out the two other files in the TrekRPG Computer Core's Netbook section-namely several pages from both the Ship recongization guide and the Spacedock ship building guide and it caused the printers to fuck up completly for about three hours-meaning there wasn't any print jobs being done in three hours. He later looked at the files better and found that they were corrupted and suggested that one of my troupe tell the TrekRPG people about this-well, can you guys at TrekRPG see if there is a problem and correct it if there is one?

Also, my question is there anyway to convert the Anti-Borg armor from the Voyager episode "Endgame" and convert it into a general purpose anti-capital/starfighter armor for ships? If there is, please help me with this because I'm working on that kind of armor and I could use any help possible from the boards.

Also, in case anyone is wondering-the USS Rhode Island from "Endgame" is an upgraded Nova-class Scout ship. Due to what happened to Captain Randsom's ship the "Equinox"-Starfleet decided to upgrade the ship so that another "Equinox" would not happen again.

Signed,
    Todd

Keeper Guest

Part One...watch your language.

Part Two...why are you printing non-academic work from printers at the University when others are trying to print out assigments and papers?

Part Three...your word is not canon. Don't present it as if it is.

Part Four...no other complaints regarding the Netbooks. I suggest user error. Try again. On your own computer.

Now...take a breath, reset, and try some tact. You'll get along much better with everyone.

------------------
    Man is to man a god when he recognizes his duty.

[This message has been edited by Keeper (edited 09-25-2001).]

Well, the Batman aromour was first seen on a shuttle, so I cant see a problem with it for fighter use.

As for rules, sorry cant help there (still working on damage control from their appearance...)

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keeper:
    Part One...watch your language.

</font>

Um, did I miss something there... What language??? Everyone knows that F*** Up is a technical term when talking about computers, if you hadn't of pointed it out, I would never have thought twice about typing it rather than self censor it...

And wouldn't it be better if one of the moderators dealt with any potential problems... For myelf I see none... Not even the use of the word canon in connection to the Rhode Island...

Best not to jump to conclusions... We were ALL first time BBS posters at one point...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Dan Gurden (edited 09-25-2001).]

Keeper Guest

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Must have gotten up on the wrong side of world this morning. Apologies to all.

------------------
    Man is to man a god when he recognizes his duty.

Lightbulb

The files are not corrupted, especially if you can view them on screen.

Make sure you have the correct printer drivers. Also, if you're printing to a network printer you're probably going to spool a HUGE job--try printing a 1-2 page section first to make sure everything is okay. Printing several hundred pages at 600 dpi from color to grayscale is going to overflow most non-printshop-quality printers.

(FYI, the PostScript source file for the SRM that generated the final PDF was 2 GIG in size.)

------------------

Question

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keeper:
    Must have gotten up on the wrong side of world this morning.
    </font>
    You mean there's a right side?

[OT]

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by C. Huth:
    You mean there's a right side? [OT]</font>
    Yeah. It's the side we all keep missing...

------------------
    "...and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters Where God went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes, and Who is this God Person Anyway?"
    - The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (dec.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:

Um, did I miss something there... What language??? Everyone knows that F*** Up is a technical term when talking about computers, if you hadn't of pointed it out, I would never have thought twice about typing it rather than self censor it...
    </font>
    I believe the Terms of Use cover this, but basicly we try to maintain a PG environment here, as you never can tell who'll wander in.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.