Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: sexy+2 advantage

Wink

Anything goes in Star Trek ('cept for sex & violence), your character could even fall for a Cetacean crewmember's APHIS

------------------
    "Cry Havoc! And let slip the Briks of War!"

Motto of the 31th Lego SpaceMen Death Marines Destroyer Battalion

Wink

Sorry, I can't resist.

Lara Croft, sexist computer simulation +8

------------------
    Robbert Raets, winner of the annual 2001 StyroFoam pig Latin/babbling
    Crossover Festival Tournament, designer of the Parsley-class captain's yacht, director of And-you-thought-Q-was-all-powerful Law Firms United and Keeper of the Crazy Unicorn (hey, if you're a virgin, at least use it!)

'The Farce is my ally, and a powerful ally it is....'
    'I sense much beer in you. Beer is the path to the Dim side.'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Diamond:
    Looking at some of the other threads, it sounds like Enterprise might dramtically disprove or possibly add evidence for this hypothesis. That's good - a hypothesis has to be disprovable to be useful.

(that is to say, there must be some conceivable circumstances which will show your theory is wrong. If those circumstances come up, you are wrong. If they don't, you haven't proven your hypothesis by any means... but you can gather more evidence. But if there is no concivable outcome of any experiement that can show your wrong (what if the entire universe is really a perfect illusion, so perfect it is impossible to distinguish from reality in any way whatsoever?) then it's not science but possibly philosophy.
    </font>

Well, that theory just got thrown out the window. Klingons in Enterprise have the wrinkled brow.

I still say that it's just a matter of production budget. For me Klingons always have been wrinkled, we just didn't know it.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

Yes calguard, I noticed that.

I'd love to go with the "Klingons always had ridges" theory except for that DS9 episode. Bashir and O'Brien are on K-7 in front of the non-ridged TOS-era Klingons and don't recognize them as Klingons. "Klingons? Where?"

Looks like were back to the "Klingons created human-like fusions to better interact and fight with the humans" theory. Obviously the Klingons haven't done that yet in Enterprise's time- humans aren't important enough to justify such drastic action.

Perhaps it's something widely known but not important enough for the TOS crew to have said on-screen. Sure, Spock knew that once all Klingons had ridges. But everyone knew, he didn't have to say it to his fellow officers. It's not like 20th century primitives were looking over his shoulder needing everything explained.

Bashir's not realizing those Klingons were in fact the same as the ridged Klingons was just him failing a history check.

It's kind of like asking an American to know the difference between a Cavailer and a Roundhead. The knowledge was not secret, Bashir and O'Brien just didn't know.

How about:

Looks damn fine covered in decontamination gel +15?

------------------
    "Spatial anomalies, energy beings, telepathic echoes. You know, sometimes I really miss the Dominion War. At least then all we had to worry about was where the next polaron beam was coming from...": Capt.Hunter, USS Tempest

>Looks damn fine covered in decontamination gel +15?

I like it. And I'm not gonna see Enterprise for the next two years.

------------------
    Robbert Raets, winner of the annual 2001 StyroFoam pig Latin/babbling
    Crossover Festival Tournament, designer of the Parsley-class captain's yacht, director of And-you-thought-Q-was-all-powerful Law Firms United and Keeper of the Crazy Unicorn (hey, if you're a virgin, at least use it!)

'The Farce is my ally, and a powerful ally it is....'
    'I sense much beer in you. Beer is the path to the Dim side.'
    'When 900 years you drink, look as good you will not!'

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster