Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DWS Mirrors Needed

Does anyone know if Geocities has any "no downloads"rule? If they don't have them, I wouldn't mind posting the book at my website. However, I'm not sure if I fulfill all the technical requirements needed.
    One mor ething. I currently have around 13 Mb of free space, so hosting the file is no problem, but, eventually, I would like to get that space back, say after a month or two.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

Question

How about distributing the netbook via e-mail, at least initially to get the strain off the TrekRPG.net server?

People sign into a mailing list if they want the book. The admin sends the book to first five into the list which in turn send the book forth to the next consecutive five, kind of like a chain letter. With all the different mail servers around, it'll distribute the weight a bit and sending a 3Mb attachement file shouldn't theoretically be a problem.

But since it is sort of a chain letter, I'm not sure about it's legality. But it could work. Talk about guerrilla information distribution.

Wizdoc

I'm willing to host it on my spare site. I have 30 megs available webspace, none of which is currently in use.

So far I have been unable to find any reference to max bandwidth on my provider's terms and conditions. However, it is of course possible that I could exceed their limits, but I would expect that they would inform me if that was the case. The only problem being, I would (obviously) have to cease hosting if that happened.

Let me know if that's any use to you.

Nick

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 04-25-2001).]

Smile

I have 20MB of space, most of which is not used.

My terms and conditions only mention that if I reach excessive bandwidth they will inform me.

So I'm willing and able to hold a copy of the source book.

Question

Don, I emailed you regarding the hosting ... just wanted to check that you recieved it.

Talking

The DWS is now available from the Computer Core / Netbook area. I would still like some additional mirrors, if at all possible. Please drop me an e-mail if you think you can help.

For those that have offered, thank you.

Enjoy!

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloading Now

Can't wait

Thank you again, and sorry I did not have a place to help host yet. I am working on it.

Makklor

Well I just finished skimming the thing. It looks awesome. I like the lists of ships in fleets with their commanding officers. I like the details on the Kalandra Sector. I probably won't get around to reading the book in detail until I have a working printer again. That, and I'm still taking my time reading Spacedock. I wish I could keep up with every single Trek roleplaying book, but I acquire them faster than I can read them.

Thank you Don & Steve, gonna look at it as soon as i'm finished here

Karg

Yes!!! When I saw the update on the main page, I about jumped out of my seat and danced for joy (okay, I did, but my wife gave me a strange look and I stopped). Thanks for cranking this book out, folks. I'm in the process of downloading it now. Thank you for going the few extra light-years in putting out a great series of products for the dedicated LUG crowd.

-Darth Charming