Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DWS

Cool DWS

First of all, let me thank Don and Steve for a job extremely well done. If I didn't see it on my screen, I'd think it was a book in my hands. Very professional looking. Skimming the files so far and everything looks very well thought out and impressive.

Don I don't know how you did this with all that you've had on your plate lately, but it is an excellent layout job.

Of course one thing caught my eye- I think the Starfleet Attack Fighter is Size 2, not 3- based on our extensive test of the beast in Akira vs D'Deridex. I'm sure I'll find a few other items as I go along, but nothing to get hot about.

Thanks again gentlemen!

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Thumbs up

Out-bloody-standing!!! I never saw much of DS9, so I've been going mostly off of what one of my players tells me on the background. This is GREAT! Thank you for doing the ships in both the old and new systems (I'm using a hybrid...)

Love the character additions, too.

Steve, Don -- thanks much!

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think the Starfleet Attack Fighter is Size 2, not 3</font>
    Well, the Spacedock version is Size 2. I probably should've changed the basic version, too, but I either forgot or had some reason at the time for not doing so.

Steve Long

Once again, Thanks to Don & Steve (in no particular order) for another fine Netbook

Thanks Guys

Karg

Well, that was another long, wonderful, night of snatching copy out of the HP and stuffing it into sheet protectors while reading as much as possible (resulting in long, run-on sentences like this one).

I'm even more impressed than I was before.

DWS fills in so many holes in the story of the Dominion War- details that we knew had to be there. I very much admire the way you have managed to reconcile the continuity of what is essentially dramatic storytelling with realistic-sounding war history.

There are probably countless stories to be told against the backdrop of the war. Every planet fought over allows for extremely dynamic roleplaying opportunities. Any Narrators out there with problems finding a plot? Just take ANY World War II movie and transpose the elements to the Dominion War!

As for the SAF size quibble, its just about the only quibble I found in the whole damn book.

Thank you, Steve.

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Okay Steve, coming from a mapmakers point of view.

Can you explain your premise for the rough location of Benzar ie beyond Alpha Centauri?

Or was it what just looked good at the time?

From the info I've gleaned from the show, Benzar seems to be a fair way from the core worlds, quite near in fact to the carddie border.

And another point on the JemHadar ships; are there any obvious comparisons of the fighter to the attack ship?

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Can you explain your premise for the rough location of Benzar ie beyond Alpha Centauri?

Or was it what just looked good at the time?

From the info I've gleaned from the show, Benzar seems to be a fair way from the core worlds, quite near in fact to the carddie border.</font>
    I just put it where I thought it worked best to explain events depicted or described on the show.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And another point on the JemHadar ships; are there any obvious comparisons of the fighter to the attack ship?</font>
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Steve Long

Steve,

First off all, great job. Tons of good stuff in DWS. And Don gave it a nice layout too.

One question regarding vehicles damage:

At a 2-to-1 conversion to personal scale, the vehicles seem undegunned considering that a phaser rifle can do over 200 points (personal scale) while a vechile's mounted phaser weapon can't do much more than 40 points on damage in the same scale.

Do I have this right, or am I missing something in the conversion?

Thumbs up

Another amazing sourcebook ! Thanks to Steve & Don and everyone else involved.

This baby's jam packed ! The little bit of everything is excellent. Love the variety of ships for all sides in both formats & the bit of info on the military forces. A lot of gaps and speculation has been filled in now.

The addition of ground combat, equipment & character creation aids were added bonuses after all that history and ships !

Pretty amazing that with everything you guys have on the go these days that this quality of product gets released and more are in the works !

Cool

Hello,
    First of all, thanks to everybody involved in making the book, especially to Steve and Don.
    I liked Spacedock, but I love the Dominion War Sourcebook. It just looks SO GREAT, I really have to get this one printed in colour.
    And of course the amount information is also unbelievable.

------------------
    God, I liked him better before he died.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! The DWS was everything I was hoping for and a bit more. I started my game with the crew as cadets starting at the Academy back in 2362 with the intention of having them be "senior" officer types when the war broke out. I tracked their friends and rivals from that academy through the intervening years and used what pre-war events I could remember as backdrop to set it up. With your wonderful book now I can not only drop background events and track the course of the war where they aren't; but also run one shot adventures where they play "NPC's" with various of their old friends and rivals throughout the war, participating vicariously in their victories and failures then going back to their main characters and their own mission.

I am particularly grateful for the ground forces support material as one of their primary rivals from the Academy went that route and into the Mechanized Armor command; now I can feature that battleground in cut scenes or side stories.

I could gush forever, so I'll just stop myself and say thanks again. Thank you!

Thumbs up

My thanks to Steve & Don.

I haven't had chance to read it form cover to cover yet, but what I've read is excellent. Once again, great job guys.

I am very much looking forward to whatever comes next from the pen of Steve Long, be it an SRM, Decipher Trek or LoTR.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."
    Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prophecy Girl.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">At a 2-to-1 conversion to personal scale, the vehicles seem undegunned considering that a phaser rifle can do over 200 points (personal scale) while a vechile's mounted phaser weapon can't do much more than 40 points on damage in the same scale.

Do I have this right, or am I missing something in the conversion?</font>
    No, you've got it right, I think. If anyone got something wrong, it was me.

If you think the GVs are undergunned, just convert the weak weapons into the rough equivalent of tetryon pulse launchers or the like. That should solve things quick enough.

Steve Long

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am very much looking forward to whatever comes next from the pen of Steve Long, be it an SRM, Decipher Trek or LoTR.</font>
    Or perhaps all three.

Thanx for the kind words, guys! Glad you're enjoying the book.

Steve Long