Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship Price List

Lightbulb Ship Price List

Check it out!
    We've got Prometheus Classes, Warbirds, Talon Class Scouts, and RPGs!
    We've got Sovereign Classes!
    We've got Shuttles, and the Multiphasic Sharp Sticks!

This is JT. I just wanted to let everyone know that my Star Trek RPG website on Equipment, Replicators, and Economics is now finished. It’s got Prices for every ship that Mr Long has created “Spacedock” stats for.

It also covers loads of personal equipment. Each item has a replication cost (in Federation Credits), availability and legality (in the UFP) code and the book and page number on which detailed info/stats can be found. There’s also an analysis of the Economy of the UFP and some notes on the capabilities of Replicators.

It can be found at-
    http://www.geocities.com/willbswift/costchart.html

Let me know what you think. Here’s what others had to say about JT’s new site-

"Everything you need to kill the Borg!"
    -Captain Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise

"You are a sad bastard."
    -Many people

"I mistook a preganglionic fiber for a postganglionic nerve during the orals or I would have been first."
    -Doctor Julian Bashir

------------------
    Just remember, even though it’s a vacuum,
    In space no one can hear you Clean.
    -J.T.

Thumbs up

Whoo, boy! Stuffstuffstuffstuffstuff!

Interesting and intriguing. Nice job!

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 05-26-2001).]

How did you figure out the costs of the ships? Do you have costs for all the different systems in Spacedock?

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J T:
    Check it out!</font>
    BTW, it's spelled "Joules" (a note for your web page). Also, what are "COST RP" and "COST MF" on your equipment list?

Great Detail! But a Borg Cube????

Even the best Ferengi could not buy one!

I know that it is just for compaison cost though...cubes have been damaged and left for dead by the Borg before...

Talking

Steve Long said:
    “Interesting and intriguing. Nice job!”

Thanks!

Sarge said:
    “How did you figure out the costs of the ships?”

The cost of these ships is determined by the formula listed below.

Cost = Structural Units x Size x 600000

Where Cost is in Fed Credits, Structural Units is the basic “Space Dock” SU and Size is the ship’s Size stat (not its length in meters). When I asked Steve Long about this formula he said, "Seems reasonable." Which was good enough for me.

Sarge said:
    “Do you have costs for all the different systems in Spacedock?”

JohnD said:
    “BTW, it's spelled "Joules" (a note for your web page).”

Thanks. It’s fixed.

Also, what are "COST RP" and "COST MF" on your equipment list?”

Doh!!! Stupid JT! [Whacks head on wall]
    COST RP stands for Replication Cost in Federation Credits. COST MF stands for Manufacturing Cost (again in Federation Credits). Many “non-replicatable” items have some parts that can (and are) replicated. This is factored into the cost.

Thanks for pointing that out. Any other glaring errors?

------------------
    -J.T.

<quote>NOTE: the Ferengi have a total of 49 different types of currencies. </quote>

I'm surprised its not 47.

Hey, just cuz we all know it matters a great deal to a certain someone...

What would Quark's moon cost him?

Looks great.

A couple of observations, if you don't mind.

There is a least one Ferengie.

I was under the impression from the episode that 2 thought makers cost the Dia mon involved enough for a small system (or was it a small planet).

Also, how are services replicated.

Red

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

Talking

Protius said:
    “NOTE: the Ferengi have a total of 49 different types of currencies.
    I'm surprised its not 47.”

The DS9 Core RPG book says they have 49 on page 27.

Protius said:
    “What would Quark's moon cost him?”

If I knew how big a Bajoran tessipate was I might be able to make an estimate of what it takes to purchase a moon.
    However it (assuming a mass of 9.6x10^15 kg) must be LESS then 3x10^16 (that’s 30,000,000,000,000,000) Federation Credits because that’s what it would cost to REPLICATE a moon (It could be done - piece by be piece).

Red said:
    “Looks great.”

Thanks!

Red said:
    “A couple of observations, if you don't mind.
    There is a least one Ferengie.”

No offense but what does this mean? I cant find “There is a least one Ferengie.” anywhere on my page.

Red said:
    “I was under the impression from the episode that 2 thought makers cost the Dia mon involved enough for a small system (or was it a small planet).

Page 81 of Star Trek: The Magazine Issue 9 says that they are “obtained easily through criminal and black-market channels.” This seems to indicate that they can be replicated (even though the pattern is illegal). If there is conflicting info in the TV episode please let me know.

Red said:
    “Also, how are services replicated.”

They aren’t (unless you use androids or holograms). That’s why all services are listed in the Non-Replicatable Goods section of page. Also note the “ - “ where the replication cost would be located.

Thanks for the input. Any other comments?

------------------
    -J.T.

JT Said:
    "The DS9 Core RPG book says they have 49 on page 27."

Well my point being how Trek's writers have this amusing and otherwise unhealthy obsession with putting the number 47 into their scripts. Species 8472, Holodoc being comprised of 47 different medical personalities, that sort.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by J T:
    Red said:
    “A couple of observations, if you don't mind.
    There is a least one Ferengie.”

No offense but what does this mean? I cant find “There is a least one Ferengie.” anywhere on my page.

</font>
    Sorry, I should have said that on at least one occasion you spelt Ferengi with an "e".

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Red said:
    “I was under the impression from the episode that 2 thought makers cost the Dia mon involved enough for a small system (or was it a small planet).

Page 81 of Star Trek: The Magazine Issue 9 says that they are “obtained easily through criminal and black-market channels.” This seems to indicate that they can be replicated (even though the pattern is illegal). If there is conflicting info in the TV episode please let me know.
    </font>
    The episode I was reffering too involved the 'Stargazer' renacting the 'Picard Manuever' with a derranged Picard onboard (thanks to two different thought makers). I'm sorry but I can not remember the name of the episode.

Red

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

StyroFoam Man said:
    “I just have to ask: How long would it take to replace Earth's moon using this "formula?"”

Well the Earth’s moon has a mass of 7.3x10^22 kilograms so it would cost about 6.6x01^19 (66,000,000,000,000,000,000) Federation Credits to replicate. That’s about 1.7x10^13 (17,000,000,000,000) BRICKS of Latinum!

The largest Industrial Replicator Starfleet has is the 50.3x72.6 meter pads at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards. I’m guessing this can replicate a hunk of rock that’s about 182,600 cubic meters. The volume of earth’s moon is 2.2x10^19 cubic meters. Transporters have to “cool down” for 92 seconds every other transport. I’d assume the same would go for Replicators. It takes 5 second for the device to replicate something, and at least another 10 seconds for a tractor beam to haul it off the pad. So to replicate 2 hunks of 182,600 cubic meters (365,000 m^3) would take 122 seconds. This means that using one replicator it would take 233 MILLION YEARS (233,000,000) to replicate earth’s moon.
    Of course if you had a million replicators then it would only take 233 years.

StyroFoam Man said:
    "You list "A night with a beautiful whore..." How much would a "Quick Trip Around The Block On Whatever's Handy" cost?"

I got the cost from an episode where Kira impersonates a Prostitute to get access to a Cardassian Prison (I can get the title if you want). She was playing one of those “You wouldn’t know what to do with me” Prostitutes, and Kira is very beautiful (I imagine). If anyone knows the price range for expensive versus cheap hookers then it should be easy to use this data point to find an acceptable multiplication factor.

I can’t believe I wrote all that with a straight face

Red, I’ll try to find and fix the misspelled Ferengi before they fine me for racial slurs!

The episode with the Thought Makers was The Battle. I don’t have a copy. Has anyone watched it recently enough to remember the dialogue? DaiMon Bok also appears in another TNG episode (in the 7th season I think). There might be some info there too. It’s the one where Picard meets his son (so he thinks). Anyone seen that one?

------------------
    -J.T.