Thread: Layout Help Needed for SRM: Cardassians, SRM: Klingons

Post Layout Help Needed for SRM: Cardassians, SRM: Klingons

OK, guys, I need a favor.

I've got two Ship Recognition Manuals -- Cardassians and Klingons -- completed (and SRM: TOS Era on the way soon). They need to be laid out for eventual distribution.

Since Don has some other irons in the fire at the moment (being as he is, of course, The Man), I thought I'd post a message here and see if anyone else was interested in earning eternal fame, my gratitude, and the adoration of hundreds (or at least dozens) of Trek gaming fans. Pink Elephants may also be distributed.

The basic requirements for the job are as follows:

1. You have to know how to do layout better than me, preferably using PageMaker or InDesign.
    2. You have to be able to convert the completed file to PDF, without loss of data or formatting, when you're done.
    3. You have to be able to work with reasonable speed. I don't need these done by next week, but I don't want to have to wait months and months for 'em, either.
    4. Most importantly, you have to be willing and able to put up with my nit-pickiness, fussbudgety nature, and Desire To Have Everything My Way. If I say, "Change X to Y, and get rid of that border element," I want it done thataway.

What I mainly want is for the manuscripts to look nice and be easy to read. There's not much artistry for these; it's just lots and lots of ships to be laid out more or less like in the SRM #1. If you want to get fancy and whip up, for example, a Cardassian-style border, fantastic! But it's most definitely not required.

Nor does the same person have to do both books. I'd be glad to work with two different layout peoples.

So, if you're interested in helping out, please contact me directly at SteveL1979@aol.com.

Thanx!

Steve Long

Bump to top.

Lightbulb

I’ll volunteer to create the PDFs from sourcefiles (Quark, PM, or InDesign), Steve. Creating PDFs is pretty easy.

I’ll take dibs on the TOS book if you can wait the aforementioned period of time, simply because I can think of so many cool ways to lay that book out.

------------------

Exclamation

I'm guessing that Steve will also want the layout similar in appearance to the previous works. I reference you to the following thread for the layout specifications on the SRM template designed by Yours Truly:

http://www.trekrpg.net/Board/ubb/For...ML/000129.html

------------------

Bump to top.