Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Next? -- Vote For Future SRMs

Space Stations and Miscellaneous are tied for #1 for me, with a slight edge for Miscellaneous. Civilian is third for me.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cochrane:
    Tke borg SRM definately needs cubes, tetrahedron, octahedrons, decahedrons, dodecahedrons, and icosohedrons. And discs.

</font>
    Disks?

Having a mental image of Borg walking around atop a giant CD, and although their shields are stopping the asteroids from obliterating drones (3 drones died to find that out), unfortunatly the impact is knocking drones into deep space.

Currently the Borg are adapting magnetic feet and VERY narrow deflector arrays...

Sorry, I know its not what you meant, but it was the mental image I got...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Hey Steve, long time no hear...

It's a tossup for me... I'd love to see both a Space Station (this wouldn't cover colonies would it?) and a misc. species SRM. Both would blaze new ground. Loving DS9 (and those little workbees) doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for asking!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odoital:
    Hey Steve, long time no hear...

It's a tossup for me... I'd love to see both a Space Station (this wouldn't cover colonies would it?) and a misc. species SRM. Both would blaze new ground. Loving DS9 (and those little workbees) doesn't hurt either.
    Thanks for asking!
    </font>
    That is a good point. 'Encounter at Farpoint' established that Starbases can be located on a planets surface?

Would this be mentioned or be likely to receive any treatment?

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    That is a good point. 'Encounter at Farpoint' established that Starbases can be located on a planets surface?</font>
    Encounter at Farpoint?!?, HA, "Court Martial" from TOS established that...

Phoenix...just being painfully obvious...

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 08-02-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phoenix:
    Encounter at Farpoint?!?, HA, "Court Martial" from TOS established that...

Phoenix...just being painfully obvious...

</font>
    Not that painful... I couldn't quote on TOS, I dont think I have managed to stay awake through an entire TOS episode since the first time I saw them in the 70's...

I guess they were not... Sufficiently... Entertaining...

At least I can still quote Kirk...

------------------
    DanG.

oohh definitely ships of the gamma quadrant

My vote is for the Starbases book first.
    Then the SRM for the Romulans.

Alan

My vote is Romulans first, then something with the Gorn. Suppose that fits into the misc. category. But ROMULANS first, please.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Miscellaneous, then Starbases.

Alex

Go back to the top, you guys.
    ROMULANS is in the pipe and on it's way, as is TOS, CARDASSIANS, and KLINGONS (though ROMULANS will likely be last of those). The question before us is WHAT NEXT?

It seems that Steve's intrests closely parallel the public's in that we all want Starbases most, which is what he most feels like doing.

As for the rest of us, if there's a ship you desperately want, build it! If you don't feel entirely up to the task, use this forum to draft a comittee. And if you do a sufficiently good job, .... You may find the "official" version Steve does is curiously similar to yours, which you should take as an honor and not a theft.
    (Some Notes here:
    I'm not saying Steve plagarizes, and there is no guarantee that Steve even saw your design, Moderator or not. I think it is expected, however, that Steve is free to use any exceptionally good ideas we post. And if he gives us credit, so much the better.)

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Sorry, got carried away.

As I said I would like to see some ships and info about the Gorns. Don't have time with real life and other works in progress. Someone else want to take a crack.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Question

First off, I've gotta agree with the masses and vote for "Starbases."

Then I have a question:

Will SRM: Borg include information on the "Free Borg" ship? I don't remember the actual episode, but it was the two-parter with Lore and Hugh ...

Gamethyme

My vote for Space Stations, Starfleet Vol. 2, and Civilian.

I have a suggestion: to include rules (or at least some guidelines) for create Mirror Universe ships.

That is a good point. 'Encounter at Farpoint' established that Starbases can be located on a planets surface?

Would this be mentioned or be likely to receive any treatment??

It's probably worth mentioning. Theoretically it would be possible, I suppose, to build a ground-based station with the rules I envision. I don't, at the moment, have any plans for specific new rules for ground-based facilities, but I'll keep the idea in mind as I work.

Will SRM: Borg include information on the "Free Borg" ship? I don't remember the actual episode, but it was the two-parter with Lore and Hugh ...?

Whenever I get around to writing that book, sure, it'll include that ship -- the one from the episodes "Descent, Parts I-II," IIRC.

I'm not saying Steve plagarizes, and there is no guarantee that Steve even saw your design, Moderator or not. I think it is expected, however, that Steve is free to use any exceptionally good ideas we post. And if he gives us credit, so much the better.)?

Just to be specific on this: I've never used anything anyone posted here, and probably never will, because I don't want to be accused of plagiarism and the like. In fact, unless specifically asked to look at something, I generally don't read over posted ships or the like closely, to avoid that very problem.

I have a suggestion: to include rules (or at least some guidelines) for create Mirror Universe ships.?

Heck, I can do that for you right now:

1. Get out SD and design a ship.
    2. Give it a MU appropriate name.

That's it.

Humor aside, there's no need, AFAICT, for specific MU ship design guidelines. They're the same ships as normal universe ships, just with greater emphasis on weapons and military stuff.

Steve Long