Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Next? -- Vote For Future SRMs

Lightbulb

I kitbashed some micromachines to create mirror ships, although I haven't written them up. There's the Roislex class Dreadnought, which is an upside down Excelsior sans saucer; Threbo class destroyer (or maybe fighter), which is a (small?) Oberth with a smaller secondary hull which is actually a torbedo tube or something; and the Ebunad- class fighter, where the nacelle pylons are turned up and the nacelles are actually guns.

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To explore strange new roles. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Long:
    I'm not saying Steve plagarizes, and there is no guarantee that Steve even saw your design, Moderator or not. I think it is expected, however, that Steve is free to use any exceptionally good ideas we post. And if he gives us credit, so much the better.)?

Just to be specific on this: I've never used anything anyone posted here, and probably never will, because I don't want to be accused of plagiarism and the like. In fact, unless specifically asked to look at something, I generally don't read over posted ships or the like closely, to avoid that very problem.
    </font>
    Well, Steve, for the record, I'd be honored if you used anything I have ever posted.
    I realized as I wrote that post that it was coming off unclear, and I hope I haven't offended.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

No offense taken whatsoever! I just wanted to be clear about things.

This is one of those instances where it's too bad electronic communication can't have a "tone of voice."

Steve Long

My own vote would be for the Starbases SRM followed by the Minor Races SRM as a very close second.

Regards,
    CKV.

I'd like to see 'misc. ships' first, please.

And it's "Because I am The Gamemaster And I Can Give It Quantum Torpedoes If I Want Too, So Shut Up And Roll!!!"-type Super-Enhanced Quantum Torpedoes for all of you starbase-voters if I won't get it!!

No seriously, we can be glad Mr. Long spends his time on any of this. I say we let him decide which goes first.

------------------
    'I dunno, I can imagine quite a bit...'

'"Because I am The Gamemaster And I Can Give It Quantum Torpedoes If I Want Too, So Shut Up And Roll!!!"-type Super-Enhanced Quantum Torpedoes' is a registered trademark of Burning Plastic Inc.

I vote Civillian.

Please.

Thumbs up

Give me Starfleet ships 2 pleeeesee?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO,USS Audacity,NCC-85901

Out of interest Steve. Is there anything left to put into Ships of Starfleet Volume 2?

I cant think of any you missed?

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Out of interest Steve. Is there anything left to put into Ships of Starfleet Volume 2?

I cant think of any you missed?

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Out of interest Steve. Is there anything left to put into Ships of Starfleet Volume 2?

I cant think of any you missed?</font>
    I don't believe I missed anything canon, but there's lots of non-canon stuff left that can be covered. Those long lists of different ship types in Chapter One of Spacedock provide lots of names of ship classes not, as yet, detailed.

Steve Long

All right, folx, after nearly two weeks of voting, here's how things stand, by my count:

Space Stations: 30
    Civilian: 6
    Miscellaneous: 6
    Ferengi: 1
    Other: 4 (1 Borg, 1 Gamma Quadrant, 2 Starfleet Vol. 2)

So, that seems pretty clear to me. Since I was most inclined to do SRM: Space Stations and Starbases next anyway, and the voting is overwhelmingly in favor, so shall it be!

I'll get to work on the new book as time and interest allow.

Steve Long

I almost forgot -- the contest winner.

By super-secret ludomantic methods, I have determined that the winner is...

Dan Gurden!

Dan, please e-mail me off-board at SteveL1979@aol.com to discuss how you want to appear in the SRM: Space Stations.

Steve Long

Smile

Starbases please.

------------------
    "Is the warp core supposed to be that color?"
    -The Chaplan, U.S.S. Jolly Roger