Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AGT Enterprise?

Sorry, that should have been 2SU per 5 emitters. After two or three beers Roman numerals really do my head in!

------------------
    "Spatial anomalies, energy beings, telepathic echoes. You know, sometimes I really miss the Dominion War. At least then all we had to worry about was where the next polaron beam was coming from...": Capt.Hunter, USS Tempest

That should be ROMULAN numerals Captain

Oh very funny.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Hey! I made 300 posts! I know that's weak compared to certain mass-posters around here, but considering I do all my posting from my work's computers, it ain't bad going!

Back on topic, the planetary defence weapons listed in DWS are Type XVIII phasers, which would do 280 damage. Hasn't Starfleet got anything bigger? After all, some Klingon ships have disruptor cannons which can do the same. You'd think a ground-based array with the resources of a planetary power system behind it would be a tad harder hitting. Of course, it might have more emitters and be able to fire twenty-odd shots per round for all we know...

------------------
    "Spatial anomalies, energy beings, telepathic echoes. You know, sometimes I really miss the Dominion War. At least then all we had to worry about was where the next polaron beam was coming from...": Capt.Hunter, USS Tempest

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Captain Hunter.

There were a few errors in the DWS regarding phasers and their actual damage. The Type XV on the Mars Defense Platform should actually do 300 points in its Spacedock version.

Extrapolating from the Spacedock statistics, one can see that the damage goes up by 20 points for each Phaser Grade, therefore a Type XVIII does 360 points of damage.

Regards,
    CKV.

Actually, I think the error was with my memory. I completely lost the plot on Friday and totally forgot the fact that Type IX phasers do 180 damage and Type X's do 200, meaning a Type XVIII would do 360 damage not 280.

D'oh!

------------------

And I've just had one of those damn deja vue flashes while writing that last post. I hate when that happens. What's the point of seeing something happen in a dream if you don't remember it until it occurs?!

I can see it now:

Capt.Hunter's car plunges over the cliff edge in a death-dive. As he wrestles frantically with the wheel, a sudden look of recognition crosses his face. For some reason, the Captain's last words are "Oh yeah..."

------------------

Uh... Brian...?

the Uprated Galaxy-class has a Zamboni machine????

-R

[This message has been edited by Roxby (edited 08-12-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roxby:
    Uh... Brian...?

the Uprated Galaxy-class has a Zamboni machine????
    </font>
    Hey there may be a need for a hockey game in space...Canadians join Starfleet too you know

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Wink

Just checking to see who was paying attention!

Brian K
    Smart Ass

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Thumbs up

Great design. Its almost as big as the Audacity.
    --------------------------------------------
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO USS Audacity,NCC-85901

*chuckle* It was one of the first things I noticed given my familiarity with those stats and well most Canadians do love their hockey.

I am sure the game of Zero-G Hockey with rotating nets that use a tractor to slowly change their position throughout the arena will be invented by a Canadian too.

Regards,
    CKV.
    Last edited by Capt. K. Vaughn; 11-23-2004 at 06:11 AM.