Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGT Enterprise?

Post AGT Enterprise?

Has anyone done up the stats for this bad boy yet?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Strange New Worlds at;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=

I think that in the LUG Trek Yahoo Groups there is a conversion to Spacedock Stats from an AGT-like Galaxy-class refit.

yep its there in files section its the galaxy upgrade made by shaman.

Actually this is not the AGT Enterprise but one on the road there. Too bad, it is good, but not what I need

Anyone care to take a stab at making it?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Preas:
    The Enterprise from All Good Things, the TNG series finale.

Has a third nacelle, goes warp 13, cloaks, and has a big f****** phaser that blows a hole straight through a shielded klingon cruiser with one shot.
    </font>
    Y'know, the Enterprise equivalent of the Modified Voyager in Endgame, but went without several months of bitching about the level of power or continuity when the D was destroyed in Generations...

just another example of the double standards held by certain Star Trek fans as they continue their jhiad against Brannon and Braga. Good thing Majel Barrett Rodenberry hasn't called a Fatwahr... C osidering how fanatical alot of these guys are...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Hey now. First of all I wasn't even on this board, didn't even know of its existance. Second I didn't like the Enterprise in AGTs either. If I had been here at the time I would have voiced my concern, believe me.

I hated "All Good Things...". I thought the idea rather silly, and it was really boring.

Anyway just wanted to make that point clear.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Wink

Oh No... What have I done....

I'm Sorry!!! I changed the subject...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Dan Gurden (edited 07-31-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Preas:

Has a third nacelle, goes warp 13, cloaks, and has a big f****** phaser that blows a hole straight through a shielded klingon cruiser with one shot.

</font>
    Sounds like something Styro would love to get his hands on!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:

just another example of the double standards held by certain Star Trek fans as they continue their jhiad against Brannon and Braga. Good thing Majel Barrett Rodenberry hasn't called a Fatwahr... C osidering how fanatical alot of these guys are...
    </font>
    I thought that the end of AGT said that that was just one possible future that could happen. (Believe me, I'm one that was glad to see that not be a possibility! Those damn ugly thinks they made for ST:First Contact were bad enough!)

[This message has been edited by redwood973 (edited 07-31-2001).]

Again with the FC ships?

I for one welcome new designs. As long as it fits the era.

The AGT Enterprise looked kin of cool, but was an example of the "uberfication" of the show. I blame B&B of course.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Okay I just wanted the stats since I have been tempted to watch all of Star Trek Hidden Frontier and was thinking of doing a sourcebook

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    Y'know, the Enterprise equivalent of the Modified Voyager in Endgame, but went without several months of bitching about the level of power or continuity when the D was destroyed in Generations...

</font>
    I just gotta point out that the AGT Enterprise existed only in the future, so it had no impact on the present technology of the Federation.

If it had time-travelled back to the present timeline, and then hung around to be studied by Starfleet Engineering, I would certainly have bitched heartilly about it unbalencing the powers, and that being a bad thing (from a story point of view).

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

I must have missed something, somewhere. What ship are you talking about?

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Y'know, the Enterprise equivalent of the Modified Voyager in Endgame, but went without several months of bitching about the level of power or continuity when the D was destroyed in Generations </font>
    As far as I am is concerned it is an alternate continuity - The crew said itself that because Picard told everyone it would happen that the future would be different. With all the alternate futures thrown about in Trekdom this wasn't the worst. It made more sense than Voyager finale IMHO...

As for Voyager - at least the AGT Enterprise was a future model not a current model outfitted with future tech (deliving such into the hands of the Federation *sigh*). Add to the fact that (Warp 13 weirdness notwithstanding) the Enterprise used existing technology - the supercharged phaser cannon was still a phaser. Voyager on the other hand used silly tech. I could live with the transphasic torpedos but that Ablative Armor generator? Please, the worst the AGT Enterprise had was the Warp 13 Drive and a cloaking device. IMHO that wasn't all that bad.

If Voyager had mere "beefed" itself up ala AGT Enterprise there may have not been such an uproar.

It could also be that Voyager had jaded most of its fan base due to sloppy writing so that we were ready to pounce on anything written. I know I was alot more forgiving about TNG since the later seasons were quite good in comparison. After the shoddy writing on Voyager, I tended not to forgive Trek so easily... a failing perhaps but a failing shared by many.

As for the jihad about Berman and Braga - Berman can stay as far as I'm concerned. He did save TNG and while he's hit-and-miss sort of producer I can't think of anyone else...

But Braga should go. After all, wasn't it Braga who wrote "All Good Things..." which you guys hate so much? The man can write but he neither understands or wishes to understand Trek.