Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another campaign idea.

Talking

Oh and they could worship some foul dark goddess, who looks like a big spider with a woman's
    head

Hey don't take my mother name in vain there Sir Sig.

Spider like is a good idea but here's an idea, make them something like hexapeds. instead of octopeds. A spider like resemblence will be enough to give anybody with arachnophobia the screaming willies. Actually a good idea of this type of body can be found in Robert J. Sawyer's latest book, "Calculating God." Available online at most book stores.

------------------
    The pain, the pain. I think a neuron
    just short circuited. *thud*

Thumbs up

Not bad for a topic started on 08/08/2000 to still attract posts

Digging out some old material I was going to give the Narea six legs and the humanoid upper-body section, kind of like Centaurs, only spiders instead of horses. It would mean that in ships corridors and doors would have to be very big to accommodate them all but thats just for roleplaying purposes I think.

The B5/Stargate type "jump gate" sounds very cool but how would Starfleet defend this? Build a large starbase with a large fleet? How would the Narea react to that?

For one, lock it down with Starfleet protocols so noone else can access it without quite a bit of work with fractal algorithms. Time consuming, enough to allow for help to arrive, even if it was completely taken before they could start decoding it.

If You frequent psiphi.org, you might see that Pocket Books is planning a seven-book series about the Iconian gateways (set in every Trek universe from TOS to NF) for this summer.

Should be fun.