Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday's Enterprise

Lightbulb Yesterday's Enterprise

I was wondering if anyone has ever considered doing a Yesterday's Enterprise scenario in the same format as the Akira vs D'deridex match. It would be really good to see if the Enterprise-D could protect the Enterprise-C from 3 Bird of Preys. By same format, I mean with updates on the board.

Just a thought

------------------
    I live in this century, it doesn't mean I have to tolerate it

Cool

Sure! Except we're talking about K'Vort class battlecruisers- not B'Rel class scouts. Yeah, this could be interesting...

------------------
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Correction CMDR . . . those are three VERY slow moving K'vorts . . . but I've never seen them mentioned as BCs . . . the most I'd give them would be CAs (Heavy Cruisers) IF that.

There was an old solo scenario for SFB that was similar to "Yesterday's Enterprise". In that one a Federation Crusier gets time warped by a spacial anomality back a century and is in Gorn Space. Since the Gorn and Federation have yet to make contact, the Gorn view the ship as a hostile alien and attack with a fleet (very wimpy but there were a lot of them).
    The Starsdhip captain had to keep around the anolmlity long enough to figure out how to use it to return home, while trying to to be destroyed by the gorn, or wipe out the gorn.
    It got even more complicated since using warp energy (such as the warp engines or photn torpedoes) in the vincity of the anomality could affect it adversely, as would leaving its general vicinity.

Could be a nice scenario for TREK.

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JALU3:
    Correction CMDR . . . those are three VERY slow moving K'vorts . . . but I've never seen them mentioned as BCs . . . the most I'd give them would be CAs (Heavy Cruisers) IF that.</font>
    Battlecruisers or Heavy Cruisers, they're still K'Vorts as specifically (and for the first time) mentioned in the episode. Now, since this is an alternate timeline, how would these vessels differ from the ones we've encountered in the regular timeline? The Galaxy class battleship Enterprise may have looked the same, but it was definitely a different ship. Perhaps similar to some of the Galaxys produced during the Dominion War...

------------------

I agree. Picard says in the episode, in response to Guinan, "The Enterprise, a ship of peace?" or something to that effect. We can assume, therefore, that the Warship Enterprise has alot stronger armament than its peacefull counterpart. I also believe that this Galaxy would be alot stronger as the war with the Klingons, at least as I interpret it, has lasted a long time. This must have had its effect on the starship development program. We can assume that this rule applies to the klingon ships aswell. To answer your original question, "how would these differ", i'd say, alot more weapons and alot less scientific systems

Vaebn

------------------

Question

I was just wondering though, what would be the aim of the Klingons? To destroy the Ent-D first or the Ent-C. Im guessing as they wont know about the temporal goings on, they will just attack who they like. any thoughts?

------------------

Well as stated in the Episode . . . they were trying to draw the D away from the C, that was the entire point of having so many vessels in the engagement from their size. The way I see it is like this.

The Klingons are like . . . there are two CAPITOL ships over there sitting around doing NOTHING, and being supported by NO ONE. And better yet, the other one is badly damaged. We can take that out and ride the Empire of another potential heavy hiter.

As far as upgrading the Kvorts . . . the only thing I would do was up their Disruptors . . . but at the same time downgrade their shields due to the fact that the first one was SO bitch slapped by D that it was "ain't no thing".

Cool

hehe I agree. That was with alot of phaser fire though. Ill be happy as long as the captain of the Ent-D jumps over the bridge that houses the tactical console

------------------

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Wesley specifically says in response to Riker's 'number and type Ensign?'; '3 K'vort class BattleCruisers'.

But since measley said it, does it count?

I've watched this episode lots

------------------
    SIR SIG

More then meets the eye,
    His a MapMaker in disguise.

Styro: That was part way through the combat. That K'vort in question had already been a few times. Specifically by the Torpedo salvo 'dispersion pattern Sierra'.

The last shot just punched their shields in a critical spot and took them out.

------------------
    SIR SIG

More then meets the eye,

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vaebn:
    Sounds good but... maybe we could upgrade the K'Vorts a little. I was surprised how quickly they took out a Galaxy class warship. It seems to suggest that they had more powerful disruptors. Either way, i agree, should be very interesting.</font>
    So quickly only because the E-D was protecting the E-C by blocking the Klingons direct line of fire.

------------------
    SIR SIG

More then meets the eye,

See? You guys are all ready to play this one! This calls for a game! Let's set up an ED Battlewagon and a badly screwed up EC vs 3 K'Vort class Battlecruisers right out of the box. The EC should have little or no shields and a random assortment of damage as described in the show. I'll think I'll go dig up my copy and see what it says about EC...

------------------

Cool

I guess we would have to take a standard Galaxy and rip out most of the gratuitous science-related systems and use those points to build in more weapons/shields/magazines/barracks, etc. This should make a hell of a warship. It would also take three K'Vort type warships to take it down. You see, the Klingons never build on anything less than a war-footing, so we don't have to mess with their ships much.

The Dominion War comparison may not be so close since in that case, the Federation was taking Galaxy hulls already in early construction and finishing them up as warships. My guess is that a lot of Galaxys went to war with empty places in their hulls.

Now, how this pertains to a game? Well, once we have the 'Battleship' Enterprise, we attack it with several K'Vorts and try to protect a badly crippled Ambassador class Enterprise C. Good game potential here.

------------------