Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Akira vs. D'Deridex rematch

[i]The Return[/i]

*Robbert enters the room with phasers a-blazin'
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Damn! the one time you try to use vBcode creatively, it doesn't work!

I never checked into this thread before, since I thought this AvD business would be some sort of tactical wargame or something, but after reading through all those posts its sounds a lot more like an RPG with Spacedock combat thrown in.

What will it be this time tac simulation or RPG? If it's gonna be the later I would like to get on board for the ride.

Still tooting his TR-116

LTCMDR Lipumano, USS Vanguard, CAG -
    <Touches his CommBadge <chirp>>
    Hey Narrator . . . where have you been? We've been waiting for you.
    <Sees the Narrator in the lobby of the building, using the TR-116 sight. Lipumano being on the top floor in a nicely decorated office, not fit for one of his lowly rank>

"We'll how are we going to do this? Have you gotten all the info? Are you ready to start soon? Cause I'm itching to start."
    <A big grin comes over his face>
    "And don't worry about this rifle here, just using her just in case someone unwanted comes in the door."
    <Slides the sight over, taking Aim infront of Lancer (Lancer is outside the building, talking on the intercom)>
    "Hey Lancer, what brings you here? Friend or foe . . . you never know these days. So I hear your interested in joining. Well if all goes well we're making the end of the simulation a full blown RPG, with all returning players resumming their old post. As for new players, I guess that's up to Narrator Raets over here. He's the one who just walked into the building. Why what do you have in mind? Have you read the game string? I've posted the link to it previously in this string, interesting read if I do say so myself."

So guys, you all ready? Who from the old crews do we have onboard for this endeavor? Any suggestions to Narrator Raets what to do with the Roms?

As you can tell I can't wait, but for now I will, just cause I have to.

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001
    Guys that was a great game, I enjoyed reading it immensly. If you need a fighter jock just call.
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir

Talking

Narrator Raets . . . are you getting this? Last count is 4 previous returning and two new people are interested in comming on board . . . isn't this great?

My fingers tingle at the prospect of being able to play.

Where we're going...

Okay, okay, settle down people.

Mr. Raets has graciously offered to GM this thing. I would like to seriously suggest to him that we pick it up where we left off- with the explosion of the Star Runner. Any attempt to redo the original scenario is going to be seriously compromised because we know what everyone's intentions are.

Now, to answer some questions:

As a player, I would operate as Flight Control Officer for the Vanguard in the personna of Lt. Commander Shannon Powers. Powers is a veteran of the Dominion Wars as Conn officer of the USS Eagle (Ambassador class) when that ship was trapped in the Gamma Quadrant behind enemy lines. Her duties on Vanguard are Flight Control and Fighter Pilot, serving under Lipumano. Whether the captain needs her at the conn or onboard one of our SAF's, Powers is ready to serve.

To address another question- AvD was originally intended to be a tactical wargame, but my GM nature just wouldn't let it be and we ended up doing some splendid role playing. Yes, we would use Space Dock to resolve combat issues, but good old RPGing would be used for everything else.

Robbert has indicated to me that he might not be available on a daily basis. Well, neither was I, but I did as much as I could. The biggest problem I faced was trying to coordinate everyone's orders from turn to turn. Robbert, you're going to have to nudge folks and get them to submit simple, direct, and complete orders--- or ignore them and let them continue doing whatever it was they were doing on the last turn.

Denzil Miracle says he wants to come back as a Klingon. Don't let him. There was only one Klingon on Vanguard and BarTak died gloriously in battle and went to Sto Vo Kor! His second character was caught in Star Runner's deathblast. Let Denzil come up with a new character.

Let Seylar live in an escape capsule, but let her be rather damaged by the effects of the blast. Then let her be picked up by the Romulan Task Force and given a chance at revenge.

Let Vanguard be in orbit over the planet, gingerly trying to figure out the anti-Borg stuff when the Romulans show up, or let her be limping back to the Alpha Quadrant, trying desperately to get all her systems back up to snuff.

Now, Robbert, these are all suggestions and you can certainly do something else. I'm just trying to smooth the way here.

Any thoughts, anyone?
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Friend or foe, hmmm....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JALU3
    <Slides the sight over, taking Aim infront of Lancer (Lancer is outside the building, talking on the intercom)>
    "Hey Lancer, what brings you here? Friend or foe . . . you never know these days. So I hear your interested in joining. Well if all goes well we're making the end of the simulation a full blown RPG, with all returning players resumming their old post. As for new players, I guess that's up to Narrator Raets over here. He's the one who just walked into the building. Why what do you have in mind? Have you read the game string? I've posted the link to it previously in this string, interesting read if I do say so myself."
    /QUOTE]

Carefull where you aim that thing! I might well use that communicator to call in an orbital phaser strike against your position.

What brings me here was a day when I had the office more or less for myself and not much to do except answer the ocassional phone call. Haven't read the game string yet, but I sure will.

As to the character I have in mind: From what I read here so far the Vanguard managed to send out a distress call. Maybe a Fed ship responds to that call and voila - introduce some new characters.
    I was thinking about a smaller ship, maybe Nova-class, on an exploration mission somewhere in the vicinity of the battle.
    If that's okay with the Narraetsor I would play the XO or CO of that ship. I'd probably base her on my TNG character Lt.Cmdr. Tarin Veal, CSO turned Command officer. Her 'Species enemy: Romulans' disadvantage could make for some interesting roleplaying when Romulan survivors are take aboard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Narraetsor is (c) and (tm) by LETSSHORTENTHISABIT Inc.

Lightbulb Suggestion

Hello people, I'm the former captain of the USS Vanguard, Ronaldo Marques. Welcome aboard all of you who want to continue this adventure with us.

I have a suggestion to our GM: let Seylar and some remnants of her crew be rescued by the Vanguard instead the Romulan Task Force. Since the Vanguard is heavily damaged, much of her crew is dead. It would be interesting to see how our caracthers would interact with the enemy, now turned into ally.

CMDR Seylar could act as an ally... for a while. She would love to get all the information she could from a starfleet vessel and then, when the Romulans arrive, face the dillema to use this knowledge against those who rescued her from certain death or to stay with her uniform and have her revenge.

Just a suggestion

See ya

Ronaldo Marques
    Ronaldo F. Marques

Cool Sitrep

This is the situation at the end of the battle:

USS Vanguard has lost its Primary Computer Core. The Secondary Computer Core is online. Her sensor systems are down 25%, but repairable. The Aft Shuttlebay (Recovery) is open to space with extensive plasma fire damage to all Recovery systems. Forcefields are currently in place, holding atmosphere in. The plasma fires extended Starboard and Port to reach the saucer Impulse Engines. Those engines are offline, but repairable. In the meantime, Vanguard gets her power from her two MARAs and the boom Impulse Engines. The Vanguard has lost 82 people, including 10 fighter pilots. The good news is the continuing existance of 7 fighters (including Intruder which needs a new warpcore) and the USS Colorado (Danube class). Also, all of Vanguard's shuttles are intact, but at least 4 Workbees were lost with the Aft Shuttlebay.

The Romulans have 57 survivors from the destruction of Star Runner and an away team on the planet. They also lost some people attempting to investigate the planet's moon. Since the escape pods were ejected in the middle of an asteroid field, they could be 'lost' when recovery attempts are made. Starfleet policy (and common decency) requires that the Vanguard at least make an effort at rescuing the Romulan survivors.

It will take a Romulan ship at least 10 days to reach this system. It will take a Starfleet ship at least 2 months to reach this system. 10 days is sufficient time to repair the sensors and impulse engines. The aft bay can be cleaned up, but I'm not sure if Vanguard has sufficient resources to craft new doors. Forcefields may have to suffice. The Primary Computer Core is not repairable.

That's basically it.

Thanks FMR Narrator for the SITREP, I'm sure that will help our new Narrator emensly.

Last count, we have Five of the original simmers back in the game willing to take their old roles, and Two new people looking to get back in, or so is my last count.

There are active emails floating regarding this and this board as well. Everything is looking good.

Lancer as far as comming in as the XO . . . chances are slim to none on that one, especially as stated in your idea . . . As stated by the FMR Narrator, CMDR Powers, we are two months from the Federation, and believe me, if another Fed vessel was out here, they'd be screaming towards our direction as we speak. Furthermore, it's kinda difficult not to notice a singularity collapsing, regardless of your location in the galaxy.

Furthermore, I think it's kinda rude for someone new to the simulation to assume a higher position in the command structure then those that were previously active. However, there are ALOT of high ranking positions that were left open during the simulation and which had no real name placed upon them (except for the CSO Lt . . . something, but he was a NPC anyways). Those include, CTactO/CSecO, CMO, CEO, and others (maybe even a Ground Force contingent). Keep ckecking with the Narrator on this issue, and thank you for the interest, we need people to have this game work, and I like your enthusiasm.

CMDR Powers, why don't you assume the role of XO, you are after all the FMR Narrator, and at least deserve that much, or atleast that's what I think.

Captain Leana Craig, I'm happy that you are interested in becoming one of the Fighter Pilots. As you know, I am not the Narrator of this RPG so I have no authority to promise you anything, but I'm sure the Narrator Raets will make anouncements soon about additional RPGers and how this game will begin.

That is all I have to say for now . . . thanks all for dealing with my obsession, umm . . . I mean furvor. Yah that's it. No one noticed that . . . UMMM . ...

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Title and other things

A few other things to play around with:

Series title?
    What the opening credits might be like?
    Our blurb in the TV listings?

Just a few fun things to consider along with the serious stuff, have fun.

Think we would've blown our FX budget on the series premier? Luckily games don't have to worry about that, so hopefully we can have some strange enviroments and a nonhumanoid species every once in awhile.

Cool Titles?

Star Trek: Vanguard

"Far beyond the borders of the United Federation of Planets, the starship Vanguard explores deep space. Their mission was to locate a fabled world capable of resisting the Borg. They found that world. Will they survive to tell about it?"

Etc., etc., etc....

I guess there ought to be something in there about the Romulans. ...just a first draft

Talking Titles?

Don't forget to tell Paramount about us! But remember to put all the screenplay away from B&B...

UPN, here we go!

See ya
    Ronaldo F. Marques

Cool

Seriously, Ronaldo, what do you want to do? Pick up the game right after the last one? Do you want Lipumano as CAG? Would you accept me as your XO? Let's figure this out. JALU3 is pretty excited, don't you think? Looking forward to hearing from you.