Thread: QUestion on SRM- TOS

Question QUestion on SRM- TOS

Steve, I don'y know if this has been discusses before, but I was wondering where did you get the inspiration to "fill out" the SRM for TOS? What ships are included in it (more than just the federation)?

Are there stats for ships in other star trek products such as Klingon Academy or Starfleet Command (both computer games) or Fasa Trek or Starfleet Battles (pen-and paper games)?

Oh yeah, do you know when it will be available for download (days, weeks - it is in the testreading stage now isn't it)?

Just wondering....

I am 100% certain there will be nothing from computer games and 99.9% certain there will be nothing from FASA or SFB.

Steve, I don'y know if this has been discusses before, but I was wondering where did you get the inspiration to "fill out" the SRM for TOS?
    Mostly from my own fevered li'l imagination.

What ships are included in it (more than just the federation)?
    Well, there are 47 ships all told, so I don't really want to sit here and list 'em all. They're grouped into three broad sections: Starfleet (the Constitution, the Miranda, and on and on); Civilian (freighters, transports, and so on); and Threat race ships (various Klingon, Romulan, Orion, and other ships).

Are there stats for ships in other star trek products such as Klingon Academy or Starfleet Command (both computer games) or Fasa Trek or Starfleet Battles (pen-and paper games)?
    Absolutely, positively not. Not only have I never played any of those games, the last thing I want to do is get Don (or myself!) in trouble by infringing on a gaming-related IP like that.

Oh yeah, do you know when it will be available for download (days, weeks - it is in the testreading stage now isn't it)?
    "Real soon now."

The testreading ended a while back. Revisions have been made. Now it's a question of (a) layout, and (b) various real-life issues.

Steve Long

TOS SRM layout

Originally posted by Steve Long

"Real soon now."

The testreading ended a while back. Revisions have been made. Now it's a question of (a) layout, and (b) various real-life issues.

Steve Long
    Hey, does Don still wanna take on the layout for this? 'Cause if there's other stuff (like, um, DecTrek) that's preventing him from doin' it, then can I? I've already got some cool ideas for the layout (and I could use some of Don's ideas that he mentioned IIRC. If that's okay with him, of course).

Hmm..Me wonders if I could use it for extra credit in my dtp course...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Don called dibs on it a long time ago -- but thanx for volunteering, Chris!

Steve Long

Rats. Well, maybe That Damn Fish & co will take me up on my offer...

Must... layout... something...gaaak!
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 10-05-2001 at 08:45 PM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Layout

C.Huth:

The Cardassian Sourcesbook is in the layout stage. I would suggest you contact Anomaly eye1moveies@aol.com and see if he's prepared to delegate any layout.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

<~~Stupid Question Time~~>

O.K what does "layout" mean?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Typesetting and the cool LCARS-looking sides.