Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Akira vs. D'Deridex rematch

Thumbs up Retrieving Intruder and Onizuka

Control Tower, mid-bay Flight Deck...

Cmdr Powers arrives in the Control Tower and strides directly over to the foreward section where Chief Johannsen is concentrating on his panels. She leans over his shoulder and takes in the view through the panoramic window looking out over the forward Launch Bay. The Flight Deck stretchs forward to the very front of Vanguard's saucer. To either side can be seen the empty revetments where the Attack Fighters are normally parked. Yellow stripes on the deck indicate the usual taxi-ways and access to the maintenance bays Starboard and Port. At the end of the Flight Deck are the three Forward Bay Doors.

Trident sits on the Alert Pad, waiting to be launched at a moment's notice. Too bad Lipumano isn't here yet to fly her, muses Shannon to herself, but I'll bet Ensign Gallagher will be happy to give up the seat!

Just then Johannsen acquires Onizuka with the tractor beam. Skillfully he maneuvers the large shuttlecraft through the relatively small opening and into the bay. Its a tight fit and Shannon wonders if the Colorado will make it as easily. The Chief moves the shuttle deeper into the bay and gently sets it down on the deck. The hatch immediately opens and Lt Cmdr Lipumano appears at the hatch. He is met by the Flight Deck Officer on Duty and granted permission to come aboard. Followed closely by Lt Lor, the two exit the Onizuka. Lipumano looks up at the Control Tower and sees Shannon gazing down at him, tosses off a salute. Shannon grins and gives him a 'thumbs up'. She keys the intercom and her voice carries over the loudspeakers, "Welcome home, Onizuka!"

Shannon turns back to the Chief, "Okay Chief, let's get Intruder onboard. We've got a lot of work to do."
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Seylar's Failure

She sat back in the pod as it rocketed away, pushed on the wavefront of her command exploding.

"I was the first in my family to join the navy since the war with the humans, why did this have to happen."

Seylar contemplated her lost command, destroyed career, and likely the end of her life.

ooc: Are we just doing this on the board, archive site, what?

When we get started, I'll create a new thread to post on; but you send your actions to me at evil-narrator@home.hell
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

OOG - Sorry guys I wasn't here at the start of our RPGing . . . of all people you think I'd be the one to start it . . . I was working. You know gotta earn cash somehow. Hmmm . . . last check some IMPORTANT positions are still open - CEO, CMO, Ops, CTactO, shall I continue?

IG-

-Stepping out onto his flight deck he takes a couple seconds to survay the scene: Equipment out of place, personnel being taken care of my medical staff, engineering teams doing what they can to repair the major damage. The aft of the flight deck visably open to space.

He sighs, takes a deep breath, then looks towards the FDOD, Lt. Ramos, his face filled with anger, sarrow, and a sence of calm urgancy.-

"Lt. Ramos, SITREP? What is the status of the Air Wing, what and who've we lost? Have you heard anything from engineering about repair estimates?"

-waits for Lt. Ramos response-

-Touches his CommBadge-

"Before you say anything CMDR, permission to keep Two Peregrines on CAP?"
    Last edited by JALU3; 10-04-2001 at 08:05 PM.

Angry Starfleet Attack Fighters Size

Those of you who have picked up your copy of Star Trek: The Magazine know that it has schematics of the Starfleet Fighter and the Starfleet Scout. I'm here to tell you now that there is a HUGE typo! A Starfleet Attack Fighter is NOT 64 meters long (that would be over 200 feet- longer than a B-36 Peacemaker, the largest bomber that ever flew). It is more likely 64 FEET, which would make it just over 19 meters, or roughly the size of an F-111 Aardvark. You could certainly never get a 64 meter vessel out through those forward bay doors.

Just an update for those of you who might not have noticed from someone who cares a great deal about Trektech.

As for the callouts on the blueprints, they're about as accurate as all of the blueprints printed by this magazine- not very.

Now back to our regularly scheduled game

Cool Welcome home!

"Welcome back, Commander. No problem keeping two fighters on CAP. I suggest we keep Delta Squadron (Eagle and Falcon) on CAP for now and rotate them out as we recover the others. Your choice of course, but they are the freshest of our birds. Of course, we'll keep Trident ready to launch, but before I take Galagher and Trent out of that cockpit, I want you to get a little downtime. You've got good people here, they can manage a little longer without you. Captain Marques is expecting us soon in the briefing room, but after that, I'd like you to try to depressurize a bit."

Powers took her hand from her communicator and smiled at the Chief, "I know, I know, Chief. He's not going to rest a bit is he? At least I tried."

She turned from the window and moved to the turbo-lift. The Flight Deck was in good hands for the moment. Now she needed to get over to deck 6 forward and see for herself how badly damaged the forward sensor array was.

By the way, JALU3, I sure hope you can't see out the back of the ship from where Onizuka is parked. There should be blast/fire doors down on either side of the tower. No big deal though, the view is dramatic!

Robbert:
    Just sent some ideas for my character over to your 'Narraetsor' address.

Cmdr.Powers:
    Since I'd rather play a new character, rather than take over Lt. Lor, our characters could meet up at the forward sensor array you are heading for. Let's see if the Evil Narrator gives me a reply concerning my character before you arrive there.

Question OG

It's 0711PST . . . will not be able to respond until 1300PST.

Udan out.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Cool Captain's office, USS Vanguard

Ronaldo Marques looks through the viewport from his office. Out there, the stars. The same stars he dreamed about when he was just a kid back on Earth. Sao Paulo, South America, where he was born, was a giant city. Besides all the city lights, every night he could see the stars brighting in the sky high above.

"They look so beautiful... even today when blood is among them..." he thought.

To preside the funerals of so many crewmates is one of the worst responsabilities a starship captain has to fulfill. Marques hated. The first time was Wolf 359, ten years ago. He was the captain of the USS Endeavor, his first command. Although the Endeavor survived the espisode, with heavy damage, it was a tragic experience. Terrifying. And then, when things like that seemed to be just part of the History, the Dominion War came... And with it, more blood, more suffering, more funerals...

He's interrupted by the intercom:
    "Captain, Lt. Cmdr. Lipumano and Lt. Lor are aboard and safe."

"Thanks, ensign."

Back to the real world, Ronaldo turns his eyes toward the computer.

"That's the worst part of this job... Computer, let's continue... 'We are brought together here to honor our friends who fell in battle. They bravelly gave their life to save this ship and her crew... '"

Alone, with the computer recording every word, he continues the difficult task to say good bye to all those who sacrificed their very existence in the name of life. Out there, the stars... just the stars...
    Ronaldo F. Marques

Smile OOG

You know, one of the interesting things I read in the Dominion War Sourcebook was the attitude of Starfleet. Starfleet was never intended to be a full-blown military fleet. It is primarily a fleet of exploration. So here we are fighting the Dominion, the Borg, the Cardassians, the Tzenkethi, the Tholians, the Romulans, the Klingons, the... well you get the picture. My point is that Captain Marques is an explorer first. And now here he is knee deep in blood. This sort of thing must be traumatic for some Starfleet officers- it certainly appears so for Captain Marques. I hope that my character will be able to give him the support he needs.

Re: Seylar's Failure and Sevekk

Originally posted by pesterfield
    She sat back in the pod as it rocketed away, pushed on the wavefront of her command exploding.

"I was the first in my family to join the navy since the war with the humans, why did this have to happen."

Seylar contemplated her lost command, destroyed career, and likely the end of her life.
    Sevekk floats along in a gutted ship, open to space from for to aft.

He listens to the sounds of his own breath in his vac-suit, and wonders...was it all worth it ?

Of course it is worth it, Loyalty to Commander and Crew above all, and Loyalty to the Empire. Now all that must be done is to survive.

OOC: Ok, so it is really unlikely that Sevekk survived, but he was fun to play.
    Doug Odell

Thumbs up Captain Marques' behavior

Exactly Scott!

That's the spirit! Captain Marques is a scientist/engineer. He's married with a female vulcan named T'Breene... a vulcan biologist. He doesn't like or understand well the violence. It's against his nature, but it's part of his job.

Based on our beliefs nowadays, our dislike for violence (the actual violence, not that from computer games), I think that our opinion about it in the 24th century will evolve to somekind of idea that violence is totally unnecessary, something linked to the primitive stages of human life and no more part of our life.

This explains Captain Marques' behavior. What do you think about it?
    Ronaldo F. Marques

OG

It is not my place to play a NPC, LT Ramos. That's the Narrators Job.

However this is my description of LT Ramos:

Race: Human ( Filipino/Chinese )/Bajoran
    Sex: Female
    Brief Background:
    Father was an Aid Worker(Human), Mother was a Refugee(Bajoran). Joined Starfleet to help others. Highly spiritual, but doesn't prescribe to either of her parents religious preferences. Ended up becoming an Ops officer.

CMDR Powers- Shall we use you flight deck scetch of the Akira - Carrier Variant for the game?
    Last edited by JALU3; 10-05-2001 at 04:00 PM.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Arrow In response to the XO

OGG- Scott We'll go with your Arrangement of the Fighter Group. However, from now on they'll be considered Flights, they'll all be joined into one Squadron due to the small numbers. Furthermore, we can eliminate paperwork and the amount of support staff needed @ the administration level.

IG-

-All this time he waits for LT Ramos to gather her thougts-

"Commander, I'll Keep Delta Flight out there for the time being. Furthermore, I'm going to order the Colorado and all Type 6 & 8 Shuttlecraft to start corraling the Romulan Survivors. Furthermore, tell the Control Tower to use Launch Pads Alpha & Charlie for recovery, and to get those fighters on ready 30 ASAP."

-Touches his Comm Badge-

"This is the CAG to the Fighting 442nd . . . you've done one hell of a job, you should be proud of yourself. Let our comrades in arms die in vain. Let us continue this mission, and lick our wounds . . . And if the Roms decide to come back for more we'll teach them another leason if need be. That is all."

-End of Comm-

"Well LT?" -Talking to LT Ramos-

-LT Lor & the two security personnel head towards the debriefing lounge-

Re: In response to the XO

Originally posted by JALU3
    OGG- Scott We'll go with your Arrangement of the Fighter Group. However, from now on they'll be considered Flights, they'll all be joined into one Squadron due to the small numbers. Furthermore, we can eliminate paperwork and the amount of support staff needed @ the administration level.
    Darnit JALU3, I'm still reading that DWS Steve published. The description of how Starfleet Attack Fighters are organized is pretty concise, only differing in that a 'squadron' can be anywhere from 2-4 fighters. Now, it seems to me that we're quibbling over a very minor detail, so let it be as you suggest for now. After all, you are CAG

Your Ramos writeup is just fine by me. I guess it is up to Robbert to play him.