Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Other Redskins Fans Out There?

Thank you all for your support in these trying times...

Captain Zymmer: DEAL! I'll send the Wizards to you tommorrow and Michael Jordan too once we find him (probably in Chicago).

Captain Blake: Yeah, Dan Sneider always reminded me of that guy on Murphy Brown. I had a bad feeling last year with all those acquisitions. We sold our souls to the devil and didn't get an ounce of payback. Hockey's pretty big in DC too. We always make it to the play-offs and get our butts handed to us by the Penguins. I hope to God that Jagr doesn't turn out to be another Deon Sanders

Dave: No we haven't won anything, oh supporter of our arch-rivals Now that your favorite quarterback is eating apple sauce through a straw, who do you have lined up?

Steven: Yeah, every team goes through bouts of dark ages. I still remember our team in the 80s. At the end of last night's game I felt kinda like Apollo in ST:TOS. "Art Monk! Joe Theissman! John Riggins! I'm joining you!" How are the Leafs looking this year?

Kaiddin: Good question...
    Insert something clever

Well, I think Jagr can still play, if given enough incentive.

i.e. I think he has to be the star. When Super-Mario came back, it pulled the focus off Jagr, and he kinda stopped producing.

If the Caps make him a star again, and put the majority of the focus on him, I'll bet he responds.

So, who else is on the Caps?

Alex

Re: Thank you all for your support in these trying times...

Originally posted by Dave Biggins
    How are the Leafs looking this year?
    The Leafs look pretty solid up front. They've added Alexander Mogilny from our blood-rivals New Jersey, as well as Mikal Renberg and Robert Reichel (all have been 30+ goal scorers in the past; 40+ in Mogilny's case). They didn't improve the defensive core during the off-season, so that's still their biggest weakness. Once again, Curtis Joseph will mind the nets, so no worries there.

I'd say the Leafs are Eastern Conference final material. My prediction is the Leafs vs New Jersey, with the winner playing Colorado for the Stanley Cup.

All in all, it should be an exciting year!

Captain Blake: I'll be routing for him but he will never replace Olaf "Olie the Goalie" Kolzig as my favorite.

Steven: Yeah, we've got a few games together. Looking forward to it!
    Insert something clever

I've been a Redskins fan for 18 years now. I'm still a fan, and I'll always be a fan. This season sucks so far, but I hold onto the notion that football is cyclical, and the Redskins have to have some good times coming. Maybe not this year, but someday soon.

Stick with them, they'll come around.

Re: Thank you all for your support in these trying times...

Originally posted by Dave Biggins
    Dave: No we haven't won anything, oh supporter of our arch-rivals Now that your favorite quarterback is eating apple sauce through a straw, who do you have lined up?

yeah Troy was like that before he ever played football, he only graduated because he was a jock

as to the rest of the cowboys
    http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issu...0-01/index.php

take a look as to how the reast of the state views Jerry

Dave

Originally posted by Ineti
    Stick with them, they'll come around.
    Never said I was a sunshine fan

Dave: And I though he was the next best thing to Christ to y'all

Insert something clever

Unhappy vs. the Giants...

9-23...(sigh). At least we were tied for three quarters. Hey QB! There's a li'l something we call the play-book
    Insert something clever

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    Da Bears!!!!!

ok dallas fell apart again
    whos surprised? :-)

how did the skins do?
    Dave

Unhappy

Kaidden: Very droll, sir

Dave: We were tied up 9-9 up until the 4th quarter when the Giants made two touch downs in a row. It seems like our new quarterback is having difficulty with some rather advanced football concepts like when you say "hike" the Center will hand you the ball. Now I'm not sure if they bothered to teach him this in college ball, but the next step the Quarterback must carry out is to actually grasp the ball. I don't mind losing if both teams play well, but some of the most stupid errors I have seen have been occuring this year with my team
    Insert something clever

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    I just can't remember how long its been since the Bears had a 66% winning record.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Dave
    wait till Turkey Day
    one of the teams has to finally win one :-)

then again with my luck it will be a 0-0 tie
    Dave

Redskins Fan

I am a Redskins fan but I am hopeing for a 0-16 season just to stick it to Daniel Synder. Something has to teach him that it takes years not games to get a good team that works together.

I don't know about that, Diamond_Spear.

I was in South Carolina the year that the Panthers bought a team that took them to the playoffs.

Unfortunately, thanks to the salary cap, it was impossible to sustain that level of output.

A few injuries, and bad contracts, and the Carolina Panthers pretty much suck.

Or, look at the Tennessee Titans. They were really really good. Now, thanks to some injuries, and some personnel changes, they're not.

They spent lots of money to lock in their best players. If they were healthy (McNair), and had been able to make training camp (George), then they wouldn't be this bad.

Because they spent lots of money, they have no depth, and hence, look pretty darn bad.

So, if you make the right decisions, you can buy a really good team for a year or two. Any more than that, and you're going to have real problems.

That being said: Man the Redskins looked bad. Almost as bad as the Titans.

But, hey, Green Bay almost won. (They always lose in TB, so it doesn't bother me.)

Alex