Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Series seeds

Thanks Rosswell

IŽll try to use your suggestions. Ok, so now I am well on the way to GM ing my first game in ages.

So the episode that I want to run will need to present the academy feeling of the campaign and an adventure.

I am thinking about using the survival training course as the rim of the game. Perhaps some party at the end where the characters celebrate. I will need to get further input on how to challenge each player individually: Here are some individual themes

1. Characters father used to be a part of section 31 that was affiliated with Terra prime (the xenofobic human organisation): Terra prime are lead by a federation envoy and a political dissident who went on a mission to Ekos to study their civilisation (but we all know what happened there). His father fell in love with a woman who is 1/4 denobulan and then he left the organisation and hid on earth and left starfleet and section 31. The idea to involve this is to have the character see his father in the company of some odd looking fellows (starfleet security undercover) but then he needs to go to the survival mission.

Can the survival mission on a remote planet get involved in a starfleet security operation to find smugglers? Perhaps this certain transport of parts were bound for Section 31/terra prime and the characters father was forced to help starfleet security to help flush terra prime out in to the open and put them in jail?

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...j/ncc1701j.htm

Based on CBS's abortive animated series. I hated the ship, but since it's in the same time-frame, I swapped it out for the E-J

Enterprise-J size and class are based on Doug Drexler's comments.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 01-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...j/ncc1701j.htm

Based on CBS's abortive animated series. I hated the ship, but since it's in the same time-frame, I swapped it out for the E-J

Enterprise-J size and class are based on Doug Drexler's comments.
    Very nice. I don't remember ever seeing the ship in what little we saw of that would-be animated series. is there a link so that i may hate it, too?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

http://zeroroom.squarespace.com/zeroroom/

Design shows the ship in various stages of development. Gallery shows storyboards for the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    http://zeroroom.squarespace.com/zeroroom/

Design shows the ship in various stages of development. Gallery shows storyboards for the whole series.
    I see your point. The boxy "saucer" section just doesn't do it for me.

Hmmmmm. Nice resource; pity it didn't go forward, my feelings on the ship aside. And I don't know that I'd go so far as to say, "I hate it," but it doesn't really do a lot for me.

Thanks for the link.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

The USS Icarus, a Daedalus Class Light Cruiser. Follows the adventures of the afore-mentioned ship in the early days of the federation. With a rename, could be used for the Archon, Horizon, or Essex.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...rus/icarus.htm

The USS Sagan NCC-93500 is a Stargazer class Heavy Cruiser in the year 2405.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...agan/sagan.htm

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation

-Federation founded in 2161

-dignitaries from18 planets were at the signing
    Denobulans
    Rigilians
    Coridanites
    Xyrillians
    Xindi
    Suliban

-formally signed by Earth, Tellar, Vulcan, and Andoria (founding members)

-NX class deecommissioned in 2161

-Introduction of the warp 7 starship.

-The federations first joint spacecraft is the Enterprise class based on the NX frame. The NX frame was earths contribution to the project. Vulcan supplied the warp 7 engine along with sensor enhancements. Andoria supplied tractor beams and improved weapons technology. Tellar supplied subspace communications improvements along with improved transporters. Included holographic technology acquired from the Xyrillians. (Cuuld just as easily say the Daedalus is the frame supplied by earth)

-Earth decided to keep building older Daedalus class ships for their home fleet which they had started during the earth-romulan war due to the cost and complicated nature of the NX class.

-Threat species
    Klingons (some isolated klingons will have their head ridges)
    Romulans (With reman shock troops)
    Tholians
    Suliban (Temporal cold war remnants)
    Last edited by IceGiant; 12-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant View Post
    Star Trek: Birth of the Federation

-Federation founded in 2161

-dignitaries from18 planets were at the signing
    Denobulans
    Rigilians
    Coridanites
    Xyrillians
    Xindi
    Suliban

-formally signed by Earth, Tellar, Vulcan, and Andoria (founding members)

-NX class deecommissioned in 2161

-Introduction of the warp 7 starship.

-The federations first joint spacecraft is the Enterprise class based on the NX frame. The NX frame was earths contribution to the project. Vulcan supplied the warp 7 engine along with sensor enhancements. Andoria supplied tractor beams and improved weapons technology. Tellar supplied subspace communications improvements along with improved transporters. Included holographic technology acquired from the Xyrillians. (Cuuld just as easily say the Daedalus is the frame supplied by earth)

-Earth decided to keep building older Daedalus class ships for their home fleet which they had started during the earth-romulan war due to the cost and complicated nature of the NX class.

-Threat species
    Klingons (some isolated klingons will have their head ridges)
    Romulans (With reman shock troops)
    Tholians
    Suliban (Temporal cold war remnants)
    You could also add some threats from Terra prime and similar xenophobic organisations.
    What about the Xindi?

Quote Originally Posted by Orville View Post
    You could also add some threats from Terra prime and similar xenophobic organisations.
    What about the Xindi?
    With what happened with the Xindi, I assume they do like the romulans and retreat behind their borders reassessing what they want to do in the galaxy at large. I"m sure you could have factions within starfleet trying to open relations with them and I'm sure they would agree to dialogue. But because they are so fractured within as a society especially after killing so may humans, I think they will take their time decisding their future. But I'm also sure there could be some Reptile/Insectoid XIndi's that might continue skimishes with starfleet ships.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I expect the insectoid and reptilian branches would end up fighting between themselves over military dominance of the others.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

If I remember correctly didn't the aquatics use a slipstream type drive on their ships when they returned Archer et all back to earth space? That could be the tie in into Transwarp tried in the movies or I guess if you really wanted to twist this alternate timeline (I consider Enterprise to be an alternate timeline not an actual ToS prequal) you could have the Federation actually negotiate and get a slipstrem drive WELL before the time it appears in the novels follwong DS9 war era.

The Xindo really do provide a HUGE potential series of plotlines.

- Carl Zwanzig

I always thought it would be neat to do a campaign based onthe temporal duplicate Paris and Janeway from the episode Time and Again dealing with the pre-Warp culture and building a warp-capable vessel to escape the planet and return to Federation space, recruiting aliens along the way to help them. Perhaps they could even connect with other Alpha-Quadrant survivors of the Caretaker's tender mercies.