Thread: NX-01 and the Loknar

NX-01 and the Loknar

Everyone seems to compare the new/old Enterprise to the Loknar. But...

I just realized, looking at my old "Decision at Midnight" adventure. Anyone remember FASA-Trek? NX-01 looks a lot like one of my favorite designs of that era, the Loknar class...

Send me back aboard the the Arkadelphia. I trust my good friend Captain Ian Vellacora. He must have a reason for violating the Neutral Zone. And I rather like that loud Izaran music piped through the ship...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Ahh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that as well.

She does indeed look an awful lot like the Loknar. I liked that design too. And Decision at Midnight was a great module. I must've run it at least twice.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I think I ran the thing 10 times
    was great for a convention game

one time I even wore a fancy borrowed bathrobe duirng the more insane scenes, tied the belt around my head like his picture, was speaking loudly about his freind LORD GARTH!!

what a blast
    Dave

I also own the original module and come to think of it it sure looks like a Loknar....
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO,USS Audacity,NCC-85901

Yes she does look like the Loknar...excellent...I am glad to see that. Makes me happy.

I miss the Mopvie Gen/TOS Fasa stuff...so simple and uncluttered...TNG is so cluttered and super-powerful...
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Unhappy It wouldn't make a diffeference...

...anyway. Viewers out there are still going to call it the Akiraprise.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The Loknar was actually one of the better FASA TOS era designs. It's simplicity matched well to the original Constitution class.

Hmm, given the way the NX-01 looks, I might actually make the Loknar canon in my campaign. It would fit rather well.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

But, REG, Loknarprise doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Alex

Cool Derf class

i never would have made the connection. guess i can't get Akira out of my head. you're right though, it does look like a Loknar.

i picked up "Decision at Midnight" last year on eBay. Always wondered how it would run. Anybody like the Derf class? That's one of my favorites.

As long as we're getting into FASA ships, I gotta put my vote down for the Royal Sovereign-class...
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

Hmm, was never much enamoured of any of those FASA TNG designs. They did a great job with many of their TOS/Movie designs, but the TNG stuff just looked rushed.

I always liked the Northampton class Had many happy sessions playing that baby in the old combat sim.

Enterprise = Loknar

Heh,

Yeah she does look very much like the old Loknar's....

I had a player who commanded a Loknar (USS-Dallas) threw an entire war campagne....damn good ship for that time/game period.

He got the hell beat out of himself and his ship, but lived to tell about it.

Wolf.

Personally, I'm quite fond of the 01 Enterprise. I like to think of such things as the Loknar, Akira, and even Reliant classes as classic designs, just as much as the Kirk-era enterprise...
    "IDIC: If Doubtful, Increase Confusion." --Cpt Timothy B. Hammartrack.

yep
    loved the Loknar

I saw the name Hobbiton on the registry and HAD to use it,
    I went and did up a set of blueprints for the whole ship, including the Hobbit Hole (10 Forward) and the captains quarters had a round door, lots of jokes in that campaign, such as whenever the Tellarite Engineer didnt make it, he had swine flu....
    the securitty officer was infamous, he had survived 4 years on the Enterprise under Kirk, (night shift) and the Andorian science offcer became XO the Captain , eventually was better than spock on sensors, he built a sensor readout into his captains chair

Dave