0 0%
  • No bloody USS (NX 01)

5 6.85%
  • Other: HMS, US Navy, etc)

5 6.85%

Thread: Favorite Enterprise

Favorite Enterprise

Vote for your favorite Enterprise.

The space shuttle Enterprise is the most technologically advanced Enterprise ever built. For that, it gets my vote.

Of the Trek Enterprises, I'd have to rank the -C and -D tied, followed by NX-01, -A, -B, the original 1701, and the -E far behind.
    "Ah, those are the days - I figured I'd get some caffeine in me and restart my brain, instead it blue screened. Man, that's the last time I buy my brain from Microsoft."
    --Largo, weekly rant 01Feb2001, Megatokyo

Give me the USS Enterprise, CV-6. The most decorated American Warship in WWII. From beginning to end she fought valiantly . . . Her name sake was of little significants until she was commissioned. It is for her that the CVN-65 was therefore named, it was probably for that reason that Roddenberry chose to name her new ship 'Enterprise'. Ok, I'm not sure about the last comment . . . but if you want to look back in the history books, and find out WHEN the name Enterprise becames famous, you'll have to look at her CV-6.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Can't beat the original...the WWII aircraft carrier Enterprise was the most famous ship of that war having seen action from almost the first day of the American involvement in WW2 until the end...she saw action in all but one of the major carrier actions and she was the flagship at Midway...

Jalu3 Roddenberry originally wanted to call the ship Lexington - lord knows why - but he later settled on Enterprise and the rest is history.

In WW2, Roddenberry was a B-17 pilot rescued by the Enterprise CV-6
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO,USS Audacity,NCC-85901

Out of the starships, I'd say the D. Out of all, the CV-6.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Talking No bloody A, B, C, or D. (Or E)

For the record, my favorite is the refit Enterprise, as seen in ST:TMP, STII, STIII. Very well thought out interior and exterior. The later movies suffered from needing to share with TNG. (Hmm, that warp core seems familiar... )
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Arrow DEFINE "FAVORITE"

I don't have any one favorite ship.

I can say that the Ambassador-class starship is my least favorite Enterprise (NCC-1701-C). Note I did not use the word "worst."

For aesthetic design, the Constitution-class refit.
    For military power, the Sovereign-class.
    For scientific missions, the Constitution-class.
    For deep space exploration, the Excelsior-class.
    For realism, the NX-01.
    Last edited by REG; 10-08-2001 at 02:41 AM.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Enterprises

Favorite--E followed VERY closely by the A
    Least favorite--C(take the WORST elements of the designes that proceeded her and the D and put them together)

The thing I like best about the NX-01, is that it looks like something I have designed in the past.
    She kind of makes me wonder how the Classic E would have looked if she hadn't been designed 30 years ago
    Keep your mouth shut and nothing wierd will happen

TOS TV Enterprise

I was a Trek fan before TNG or any of the movies, so the starship Enterprise means Kirk's original ship in all its small-screen 60s SFX glory. Can you guess what really moved me the first time I saw Trials and Tribble-ations?

The WW2 Enterprise wasn't the first USN ship to glorify that name. When the Barbary corsairs caused trouble in the Mediterranean in the early 1800s, a schooner named Enterprise took part in several attacks that put the pirates in their place and became known as "lucky little Enterprise". In the War of 1812, she was in action again and captured a British brig (HMS Boxer if I remember right). One of her captains was Stephen Decatur, who was a hero several times over.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I like the movie-period Enterprise and the Sovereign the best. The movie period one looks most 'realistic', if you will. Not a lot of glowing neon crap they've been doing since TNG. I like the Sov 'cause she's got a lot of the same design elements of TMP ship.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I recently watched TMP on VHS recently (can't wait for the DVD).

I was simply amazed how incredible Enterprise looked. Better than she did in any of the movies - the paint job showed so much attention to detail which was lost in the later movies.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by JALU3
    Give me the USS Enterprise, CV-6.
    My great-uncle helped design her. So she gets my vote!