View Poll Results: What era is your game set in?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Series

5 11.11%
  • Next Generation

14 31.11%
  • Deep Space Nine (Dominion War)

15 33.33%
  • Other (Enterprise, etc.)

11 24.44%

Thread: What era is your game in?

What era is your game in?

What era is your game set in?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

I've set my game up in the year 2380. Just for the simple reason that it gives me more room to thrust my PC crew into the limelight. I'm creative with my story ideas, and a slight future campaign gives me a base that I can have a little more freedom with, while trying to stay in "canon".
    =========================
    Captain Scott Taylor
    U.S.S. Guardian
    NCC-1738-B
    "No, no! I'm chaos. He's Mayhem!"
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/startrekgamersstation

Mine is set during the Dominion War, with the intention of using it to garner the crew some xp and renown before making them carve their own trail. This is more of a Prolouge to my campaign though...

The actual Campaign will deal with the post-war situation as various races try to rebuild, only to find that the Organians are banished from the galaxy by a group decision of all the "omnipotent" races besides themselves (an event set up during the Dominion War by my crew) and the thing they were keeping out of the galaxy coming in (can't remember where I got that reference from mind you)... but I digress...

As for the reason for setting my game post-war? I find it difficult to run a game when I feel bound to a certain story, so I thought I'd move to an era untouched by canon so my crew could wreak untold havoc and still have it make sense

POST Dominion WAR! WOO HOO!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Pre-dominion-war, at least in the first two or three seasons. But since the Gemini is a multi-vector assault testbed, we'll see action soon enough {Robbert Narraetsor laughs evilly}

Both post DS9/Voyager (just approaching the end of 2377) and late TOS (2369), since we have campaigns running in both eras.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    We play in 2291, 2 years before Undiscovered Country. Mainly because my group prefers the Kirk era and because it started with FASA.

I've had mine start near the last seasons of TNG and move into DS9's timeframe. The war is looming - and the mining of the wormhole is coming up.

I wanted to start between the two series so there was a good solid background 'recent history' and yet somewhere to go. The war is a great setting - since we really only saw it from the far corner of Cardassian/Bajoran space, there was so much more going on that I'm going to put my players smack-dab in the middle of.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

My game started during the Dominion War but has since moved on. We're now in the period immediately following the Dominion War which I think allows me a bit more flexibility to screw with the continuity without some episode screwing up a delicately balanced scenario as the writers re-write the canon.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

Cool

We have two campaigns running. One just at the beginnings of the Dominion War and one 80 years later. Both are separate (for now).

My campaign was set in the latter half of TNG.

I'm hoping to start another one soon. While I am quite interested in ENT's timeframe my players will probably prefer a continuation of our old timeline (sort of, kind of, almost and a half).
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

My present game is 15 years prior to TNG's First Season. I wanted to portray the first Cardassian War in the frontier... the duels of wits with the Guls, some combat, but in a very TNG fashion (that is, with episodes of other style mixed).

I intend to take a Post-Dominion War campaign after this one.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

All Eras!

I've been gaming in the Star Trek Universe since 1983 and in that time I must've run about 15 different campaigns. I've mostly run TOS Movie Era campaigns (set between ST:II and ST:VI), but I've also had games that took place three years after the Dominion War and contemporary with Kirk's 5-Year mission.

The campaign I'm currently prepping for is set about 10 years after Archer's NX-01.

AndorMan
    An Andorian for all seasons.

I chose to start in TOS era. I eventually want to move into the movies era, but don't want to go any further. TNG era is for my pal to GM, with maybe the obvious temporal anomoly episodes switching crews from our campaigns for a laugh, but that's as far as it will go.

I think the sense of adventure is stronger in TOS, and yes Voyager tried to recapture it...but it failed!
    Dehann - "Why don't we just throw that round thing at 'em?"

Samson - "Because, Mr Dehann, that is the saucer section and we are on it!!"