Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish Conversion Project

SRM: Niether Ship Nor Station

Hey guys, are dropping this? I've been trying to figure out how to design some of thies "Niether Ship Nor Station" beasts (by the way, great name Styro). Been thinking about some of the special rules needed for them. Also are we going to be sticking to just canon "Space Monsters" or are we going to add some of our own concepts in here as well?

Phoenix...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I say the more the merrier. Besides II want to see the stats for that "rock-biter" of yours, Phoenix...
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Originally posted by Highway Hoss
    I say the more the merrier. Besides II want to see the stats for that "rock-biter" of yours, Phoenix...
    Hoss, the frog is my wife's, not mine, I take no credit for it. I only give bits of advice on how the system works.

Styro, I don't think the Amobia is the best one to start with, I say go with TNG's "Junor" and family. More like a starship, so we'll have some form of reference prior to diving in head first.

Phoenix...
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

SIZE does MATTER!

poster

Junior was somewhere between one-half and one-third the height of the big-E in lenght. Don't have the galaxy-class write up with me, someone have acces to the SRM mk.1 right now?
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

The E-D was about 625 metres long but I can't recall the height (it has 36 decks, so maybe you could work it out from that). Junior's Mom looked about the size of the Enterprise, but I don't know of many mammals (or similar lifeforms) which bear offspring 50% of their body mass, so she was probably bigger (possibly the same size as a D'deridex Warbird...)
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

poster

Jr. at birth was about (I'm guessing) 25-30 meters in length, grew some 16 times more massive before removal, various shots would indicate that the mother was roughly 8-10 times longer (adult size: 200-300 meters long) about half the length of a Galaxy class starship (again I'm only guessing based of the two photos I have here).

As for the energy discharge- just call it a disruptor and change the special effect to match, or some such. It was defintly an energy weapon of some kind.

Ok, there's the first bit of info...I could quote some of the bits of data out of the ST encylopedas, if needed.

Phoenix...
    Phoenix...

But jrs. mom was very weak, she died after one low-powered phaser pulse, IIRC.

Question KERZAPITY ZAP! POW! BLAMO! ZOT!

poster

Ok with the length data above lets go with size 5 (150-299 meters).

Also, in the episode Data mentioned that the phasers had interfered with the creatures natural energy- I guess it's like getting a jolt of electricity in the chest...stops the heart...you die but the physical damage is minamal.

Also, presenting for your enjoyment (I use that term losely) may I give you the space frog...

http://forum.trekrpg.net/showthread....&threadid=2643

Steve, I am soooo sorry your system has been used for this vile purpose...

Phoenix...
    Last edited by Phoenix; 10-18-2001 at 07:35 AM.
    Phoenix...

Exclamation

"Holy Frog-legs, Batman!!!"

Phoenix, after reading that post on that giant frog and your deranged pet I can only say "I just had to ask, didn't I !?"

Alright, that it. With all this dangerous wildlife floating around the Quadrants, I'm going to propose to Steve Long and Co. a supplement to SPACEDOCK; Weapons for Really Big Game Hunting .

As for ideas, well i've already got two:[list=1][*]The Artifical Quantum Singularity Missile[*]The Nemisis Device[/list=1]
    (Note: click on item to learn more about it)

With this ordinance, and a big starship to carry it, we can start puuting holo-trophies on the wall, don't you think?
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Styro correct me if I'm wrong, but did he just ask for the USS Gambler?
    Phoenix...

poster