1 3.85%
  • Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

2 7.69%
  • Others...please specify

13 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite DS9 Episode

Wink Reverse logic

As I did on the TNG poll, I suggest you launch a poll of the less favourite DS9 episode. That may make choices easier (mine would be anyway, and I think I would not be alone).

Unhappy

Oh dear, it seems that none of the ones listed were my favorites either.. But then again nobody else has mentioned them either..

My personal favorite episodes of the show (which is a hard thing to choose really) are "Waltz" and "The Emissary Parts 1&2".

Why do you like the first two episodes of the show you ask? Because watch them again if you have to but just watch them. A brand new captain Sisko has to explain to these immortal god-beings, the prophets, not only linear time but with it, the meaning of life itself and did so in such a way that all I could say is "Yes, that is so friggin true!".

ANY show that has an episode that even attempts to do something that hard wins my vote, and to have done it using baseball? Geez!

Second is Waltz. Why Waltz? Why not! Think about it, Sisko and a now almost insane Gul Du'kat stranded and alone on a barely hospitable world. As Sisko put it:

"Just you, me, and the truth."

The dialouge for the entire episode was brilliant and in many cases sent shivers down my spine. Those two men are so oppositional to each other and yet so incredibly charismatic that I actually had a hard time siding with either one of them. That plus the fact that I always only saw Du'kat as a villan until that episode but when he explained how things were for him during the occupation and how much he had suffered for it well quite honestly I began to both pity and even admire him. That's why it also gets the nod from me for one of the best of DS9.

With DS9 being my favorite Star Trek series, those two episodes also get my nod for the best two episodes ever in my opinion but that's just me.
    Last edited by Klingermann; 10-07-2001 at 09:18 PM.

Thumbs up Other.....

My favorite would have to be Trials and Tribble-ations and a very close second would have to be The Visitor
    Let's go!
    -Capt Jonathan Archer-

Can't pick just one!

It's a tie between "In the Pale Moonlight" and "Rocks and Shoals"

Maybe it would have been easier to pick an arc! :b

Also like a lot of other shows... "Call to Arms" and SO MANY OTHERS!