Thread: Starfleet Battles Ships?

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

Starfleet Battles Ships?

Has anyone out there converted Starfleet Battles ships to LUGTrek? I use a few in my campaign but since they have never been involved in battle, I never worked up stats for them. Now I've decided that I might work up some stats just in case. (Of course when the TOS:SM - see Brian no R - comes out I will convert to Spacedock)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Thumbs up

In a roundabout way I have about two dozen designs worked up from SFB for LUG Trek. I chose to use the basic stats, and made the follwoing assumptions:

Non Fed ships get disruptors instead of phasers.

Drones are ignored, replaced with torpedoes, exept for primitive or early ships.

The Tholians are much more badass, and use more than just webs, they have a variety of interphasic weapons, which bypass most race shields to various degrees, and their tractor beams are "all that".

Th sucky ADB art is out, and ships look like they do in Star Fleet Command, or Klingon Academy.

Oh yeah, and battleships ar much smaller, in SFB many batleships are bigger than the Sovreign class, instead I cjose to make them smaller but bump up the resistance a point or two.

I also have most FASA ships that I chose to use done up. (Had to dump some of the really wacked ones.)

Trek history takes precedent, no General War, no Andromeda Invasion (yet), nad no ISC Holy War (YET).

I have my notes packed up at the moment, but I could post my designs if you like once I get them moved to the new apartment.

I have,
    FASA Kilngon, Romulan, Fed, and Orion designs
    SFB Gorn, Romulan, Klingon, Fed, Orion, Tholian, Kzinti (very different from what was done, clser to the Animated series), Hydran, and Lyran.

Home brew Son'a, Dramian, Archeoentolian, Kukulkhan, and Doomsday Machine (Many of the mentioned are from the animated series, which I use as canon in my game, including the "lost episodes which I made up myself including the braeking of the Romulan Klingon Treaty, the first encounter with lumpy Klingons, and The Gorn Romulan War,( which I realize means rearranging the galaxy according to LUG.)

I was thinking about waiting to see the ship construction rules in DecTrek before doing anything else, but if there is enough interest, I would be glad to post some of this crazy stuff.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    I'd be interested in seeing them.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

If I am informed correctly the PC Game Starfleet Command is loosely based upon SFB. I made stats for four ship types there - its at www.farrealms.de, in the ST RPG section under New Classes. They are marked as SC-ships.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11