Thread: DS9, Season 4

DS9, Season 4

Hmmm...

In addition to gaming, one of the things I love to do is write fan-fiction. At the moment, I'm toying with the idea of, for fun, writing up a lot of the published adventures into a long-running story, or collection of stories, I suppose, beginning with the good ol' "Shakedown Cruise" in the core rules.

Since it's a shakedown cruise of a new ship, I was thinking what better ship to use the the <i>USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E</i>, just after it is launched. As Geordi says "we've been in space nearly a year, now."

I was thinking of making a sorta fun account of that "year". By using the adventures people are familiar with, it'll sort of bring a few smiles to peoples' faces, I'm hoping, as they remember "yeah...we did <i>this</i> here!".

Now, the thing is, it will have to be set in 2372, when the E-E was launched. I haven't got season 4 DS9 on video, so I was wondering if someone could help here...was this the year where the Federation was effectively at war with the Klingons? Where Martok was replaced by a Founder?

If so...does anyone know any <i>good</i> chronology sites where I can obtain an accurate timeline of events?

Thanks in advance...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

That is the year, Also The Leyton Coup Occurs, Worf is assigned to DS9

I think the Omnipedia can help you here, Is it still in print?

Karg

The best source would be the Star Trek Deep Space Nine Companion!!

Next best would be the Star Trek Enclclopedia revised copy of 1998.

You can get both from Amazon.com and they are both availavle in book or CD Rom.

You are correct that season four Way of the Warrior began the Klingon conflict, brought Worf into the show and really became interesting.

Q'apla

2372-2373

The Klingon conflict against Cardassia started on Stardate 49011.4 (early 2372)as seen in "Way of the Warrior" and for them would not end until essentially the war with the Dominion was over late 2375.

Captain Sisko finds a crashed Dominion vessel on Torga IV 50049.3 (2373)
    a major intelligence find for Starfleet that undoubtedly helps the Federation prepare against Dominion technology in the looming war ahead.

The New Essentialist Movement creates havoc on Risa partially to demonstrate the Federation's unprepardness to threats like the Borg and Dominion.

The USS Defiant goes back in time to stop a plot
    to kill Captain James T. Kirk of the ORIGINAL Enterprise (No bloody A, B, C or Deee........or
    Captain Archers either).

The Maquis aided by Eddington increasingly become
    an "intolerable threat to the security of the Federation" and Sisko eventually captures Eddington arguably a huge blow to the Maquis cause.

Stardate 50564.2 (mid-2373) "By Inferno's Light"
    The Dominion joins Cardassia in an alliance.
    Gowron retreats from Cardassia with his invasion fleet to DS9 and reaffirms the Khitomer Accords.
    Martok stationed at DS9.

The Maquis are hunted by Cardassia's new ally the Jem'Hadar and are practically wiped out as a threat. Micheal Eddington is killed in one of these purges. The news of the end of the Maquis struggle reachs the former Maquis cremembers of the USS Voyager mid-2374 via the Hirogen relay net.

Stardate 50975.2 late 2373 ("Call To Arms")
    Sisko mines the wormhole and the Dominion respond by taking over DS9. The Dominion War begins. A joint Klingon/FEderation task force destroys the Dominion shipyards at Torros III.

The USS Voyager encounters the Borg, Seven of Nine
    and Species 8472.