Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off Again!!

Post Off Again!!

Well folks just wanted to say as of this coming Wednesday I won't be on this forum for at least the forseeable future. I am on one of the naval ships that is part of Canada's contribution to the "War on Terrorism". It was kind of short notice and came as a surprise as I just got back from the Persian Gulf in July after a 6 month deployment. Wish me luck, I will try to get on if I find any cyber cafes. I guess I will be seeing all your praises and or critiscms of DECTREK in the upcoming weeks. Take care folks.

You take care yourself... I would say "keep your head down", but ducking seems kinda pointless aboard ship.

Good luck.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Good louck fellow Canadian, my cousin is shipping out too...let's hope this turns out to be a walk in the park, or a sail in the lake as the case may be.
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Fare thee well.

Watch your six.

Don't think I'm gonna be far behind you, Brad.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Thumbs up We'll See You Soon!

Take care, Brad. And come home safely!

Steve

Thumbs up

To all those who are shipping out or will be shipping out, I want to say THANK YOU! Thank you for being brave enough to defend all that we hold dear. I know that my family and I will be praying for yours' and all military personals' safe and quick return. We hope to hear from you soon.

Be Carefull, Good Luck, And Thank You Brad

Karg

Best of luck.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Thanks, Brad!

Come home safe.

Hugh
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

That's some lousy luck. I just got back from three months in Saudi, and I'd hate to go back again this soon. Don't let your ship run into any mines, ya hear?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Thanks guys I sincerely appreicate the well wishes. I leave tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I won't miss to much on thi board. Take care folks and maybe we can end all this crap together!!

Hi there guys. Just checking in to say hi. We just stopped in Gibraltar for a quick port visit before continuing on. The Rock and I are old friends so its nice to say hello again. Its nice place to come and experience centuries worth of history. Come here if you ever get the chance. Take care all!!

Brad

Our thought's and best wishes are with you, be careful and take care!

Hey Brad, have you ever been to Malta? Think you'll be going there? It's one of the historic sites up near the top of my list of places I'd like to visit.

Keep your eyes open in the Med. It seems like everybody there has an axe to grind. "Libyans and Turks and Beirutians, oh my."
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1