Thread: FASA References Help

FASA References Help

I know from reading posts that there are a few knowledgeable FASA gamers here on the boards. What I am trying to find is information on systems and planets located in Klingon and Romulan controlled areas. All that I need is the name and a rough estimate is to where in the empires it's located, if more info is available I'll use that as well (converting to LUG).

If a lot of data is available don't try killing you self typing it all, a short summery would do just as well (the numeric reference will not be needed, as well).

FYI, I won't need information on Federation systems, I still have those books. I use to have the Klingons, but never had the Romulans book.

Thanks in advanced for any help,
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I can't be the only one here who has some of this stuff lying about.

I'll see if I can find the right sourcebook, and maybe get some of that info to you. Assuming someone doesn't beat me too it.

Would there be a major issue with scanning the maps (or maybe redrawing them for you) and sending you copies? I'd be happy to do so, IF I can find my old books.

Nick

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Would there be a major issue with scanning the maps (or maybe redrawing them for you) and sending you copies?
    Scanning or photo-copy both have "issues" it's called copy-right laws. But a hand drawing would be leagl as far as I know?!? Like I said though, the maps are not needed, I'm starting the process of trek-cartography over, should have some usable maps by mid 2002.

IF I can find my old books.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

(I like this new board, nifty stuff here...hee hee)
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Well actually, I was trying to subtly ask if anyone HERE had an issue with it

Anyway, if I can find the stuff, I'll post whatever I can come up with.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I am not sure exactly what you gusy mean?

I have both the Klingon and Romulan supplements for FASA...

What info are you looking for?
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

As do I. Thanks to a friend that recently moved.

I do too Buried some where. The Klingons and the Romulans where situated roughly in the same locations, just rotate both empires counter clockwise about 90 degrees around the UFP. There was also a No Man's Land formed by the boarders of all three powers called the Triangle which had about 30 systems
    in it.

Karg

If i recall just take the current model of the galaxy and flip flop the klingons to roumlan space and vice versa..the Klingons where on the inside. And then that triagle thingy was cool cause thats where the Tholians were. I think..oh I dont knwo I was only 13 when i read it.

I have the Triangle map somewhere around here, if that's any use as well.

To clarify

Alrighty- I have several FASA "Known" space maps, the Federation source book, and the detailed Triangle map. I don't need the old maps, just the system's name, rough location (i.e. half way out from middle, 6 o' clock (down) area (or if you prefer 180 degrees from top)), and a few minor details mabie (Homeworld, colony, conqured, ship yard, desputed with ___, etc, big secret).

For those of you who are wondering "What is he doing?" I'm starting the map-making process over (SIG not trying to dog your work, I'll be referencing you as well ). Trying to fill in the many and large "canon" gaps that exist. We don't have much info on Klingon sectors, planets, subject species (and even less on Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, etc, etc, etc...). We know the Federations rough size, number of MEMBER worlds, and age. Colonies can be extrapolated, as well as unusable or uninhabited systems, then we do a lot of guess work as to the various independant states within their bordres. We also have the age of the Klingon and Romulan empires, so more extrapolation will be needed here. There is vurtually no information on the lesser govenment, other then they exist.

FASA is only one source of information I'll be using, I'm also incorperating- real life data, SFB, LUG, canon (duh Phoenix we guessed that), and various people I know on-line.

But so far it seems people are willing to help, again Thanks Guys...

Oh Phantom...I am sooo jealous of your luck...
    Phoenix...

Much of the FASA maps are based upon the early 80's "Star Trek Maps" but it is a hard thing to find - it took me a few years to find a reasonably priced copy.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Much of the FASA maps are based upon the early 80's "Star Trek Maps" but it is a hard thing to find - it took me a few years to find a reasonably priced copy.
    Yes currently they are, but I've had them for years now...(Phoenix, watching Star Trek since 1974)
    Phoenix...