Thread: SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Now Available!

Post SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Now Available!

How's *this* for a way to start off the new millennium, folks? The SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL, VOL. 1: THE SHIPS OF STARFLEET is now available for *free* download from TrekRPG.Net! Just follow the link from the main page of the website, or on any of the message board pages.

Featuring about 45 Starfleet vessels and nine allied and Threat ships, this first SRM is the perfect complement to SPACEDOCK.

Don "the Man" Mappin has once again done a superb job on the layout, making the book look truly awesome.

Hope you enjoy it!

Steve Long
    P.S.: And for those of you who want even *more* ships, testreading is being conducted on SRM: Cardassians even as we speak....

Question

Cardassian SRM, huh? Very excellent! My only question is: Will the reasoning for placing the ship's single most powerful weapon in a fixed aft emplacement (i.e. the Galor, Keldon, & Hideki tail cannons) be addressed?

------------------
    Even in this age of technological wonders, the human mind is still the most powerful weapon in the universe.

I will consider addressing that.

Steve Long

Wink

Originally posted by Flamestrike:
    Cardassian SRM, huh? Very excellent! My only question is: Will the reasoning for placing the ship's single most powerful weapon in a fixed aft emplacement (i.e. the Galor, Keldon, & Hideki tail cannons) be addressed?

I suppose it's good for discouraging pursuit...or for tricking your opponent into thinking you're turning tail to run rather than to make his life miserable.

Talking

I have addressed that in the Cardassian sourcebook.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

Thanks... I was just wondering why a seeming main assault weapon would be placed so strangely, especially with a people with as militaristic an outlook and the Cardassians...

Actually, come to think of it, the Cardies DO appear to be a blending of Klingon and Romulan cultures... Hmmmmmm... Perhaps more thought is required...

------------------
    Even in this age of technological wonders, the human mind is still the most powerful weapon in the universe.