Thread: Vulcan/Betazoid Hybrid

Smile Vulcan/Betazoid Hybrid

I want to have a Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid on my ship. Just becase the two clash so well. Most people I've talked to say that the Vulcan genes should be dominant. Just to mess with people and insult the Vulcans, I'm going to put the Betazoid as dominant.

So here is the species hybrid template. Mommy is a Vulcan, daddy is a Betazoid.

Fitness 2 [6]
    Strength +1
    Coord 2 [5]
    Intel 2 [6]
    Logic +1
    Pres 2 [5]
    Empathy +1
    Psi 2 [6]

Charm (Influence) 2 (3)
    Culture (Betazoid) 2 (3)
    History (Betazoid) 1 (2)
    Language Betazoid 2
    Receptive Telepathy 2
    World Knowledge (Betazed) 1 (2)

I still have to add the background and stuff. What do you think the Psi talents would be for this type of mix? Should she be Oober-psi power?

Scotty
    Scotty

Looks good to me

Looks like you made sure to follow the "3 from dominant, 2 from other" aspect of the Mixed Species Heritage advantage. Just remember that those 6 DP gotta come from somewhere.

As for the psi skills she'd have ... I guess a combination of Betazoid and Vulcan powers? Any of the psi skills is appropriate, really.

Steve
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

One of my players runs a Vulcan-Betazoid. She was raised by her Betazoid mother, but since the game started she's met a couple of Vulcans and is studying the way of logic as she tries to find her own path in life. She's a good psi, but not super, who majored in Medical and minored in Counselling at the Academy.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I think we had this discussion before...well at least on the logic of a Vulcan-Betazoid hybrid.

Check out http://forum.trekrpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=748

As for psi skills, when I dreamt up the whole Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid for my game, I theorized that she would have a boosted mind meld due to her natural Betazoid telepathy boosting the Vulcan talents...for my game at least, due to the sheer power of her Psi talents (ie. use plenty of DPs) she was practically a contact telepath and had to wear gloves to prevent accidental readings of persons she came into contact with...I never got a chance to use the NPC but she may yet make an appearance...
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

If she gets married will they have to fight naked.

I think this requires a serious look into the betazoid and Vulcan genetically influenced Psychology.

If raised on Betazed how would the violent nature of the Vulcans be seen by her fellow Betazoids. Remeber Lon Suder had violent tendancies and was somewhat of an outcast from his people.
    Would they tolerate her. Or would she be outcast.

And is she constantly cold? Vulcans are designed for a much warmer climate than the climate controled planet of Betazed.

But the hot headed Starfleet officer bit is done too much. Starfleet academy had a pimpn Andorian broad in it and B'Lanna was oh too cool.

Anyone ever play a saddend character?

I doubt she would be violent.

Vulcans have learned to control their more violent tendencies and are beings of peace. Most of their more violent tendencies only arise during the Pon'Farr and if I remember the Way of the Kolinaar correctly (don't know where the hell it went to) only males go through the whole Pon'Farr thing (okay lets not get side tracked here) and Betazoids are naturally peaceful and serene. Bring her up on Betazed and she'd be quite normal I assure you.

Fight Naked? Where'd you get that idea. A mix of Vulcan/Betazoid wedding rituals perhaps?

A word on physiology, Vulcans are adapted for the harsh enviroment of Vulcan but if you live long enough in a different climate, the body will adapt...I think people take this I'm from a desert planet so I'm cold all the time thing a bit too far.

Mammals are by definition able to adapt their body to the most climatic conditions, some feel more comfortable in one climate than another but that's a question of upbringing not genetics and given enough time, you'll adapt...believe me I did when I studied in England...

Anyway just my thoughts...

What is the root of Vulcan Agression. Is it a sociological issue. I dont think so . The evidence would suggest it is inate or biological in nature. One or two generations would have weeded out a sociolgical problem, but Vulcans seem to still need strong control.
    I would think that it is indicative of a genetic root.
    The Romulans seem to have weeded out this violence, they may have interbreed as they dirifted across space so long ago.

Yes I think when she gets married she should fight naked!

I'm not so sure. It could all be tied into Vulcan philosophy and sociology...it could well be that the way Vulcans act are dictated by their philosophy and social morals.

But the point I was trying to make is that Vulcans are philosophically peaceful and Betazoids are the same. So anyone brought up under both codes would ergo be peaceful.

On the issue of Vulcan and Betazoid marriage, it seems to me that they'd be quite good together. A Betazoid would be capable of sensing the true emotional state of a Vulcan, and the Vulcans have a code of honesty similar to that of the Betazoids. I imagine that Betazoids might even find the emotional control of Vulcans to be somewhat soothing (unless they can sense the roiling burning deep chaos of emotions that Vulcans suppress...)

It would be interesting to play the parents as NPCs now and then.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson