Thread: Klingon Dahar Master

Post Klingon Dahar Master

I haven't been able to find a reasonable answer to this question. What is a Dahar Master?

I know the Trek Encyclopedia says it is an honoric title given to the Klingon Empire's greatest warriors. But are there any other "unoffical" sources that talk about it takes to be considered a Dahar Master?

Thanks

I believe Kor was the Dahar Master to Vulcan, so maybe some sort of diplomat/ambassador?

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

DaHar Master Kor was Ambassador to Vulcan. There didn't appear to be any connection between the two titles.

And there is most likely no connection.
    For me it seems like a title given to great warriors who earned themselves great honor in battle. Perhaps something like knighthood in Britain.

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton:
    DaHar Master Kor was Ambassador to Vulcan. There didn't appear to be any connection between the two titles.
    There is no connection. DaHar Master, a title bestowed to one who is an expert in his field (any form of Combat). In both practise and theory, there are few DaHar Masters in existance most of them die off but thats just the way it is in Klingon society not many Klingons live to be a ripe old age.
    DaHar Masters range from hand to hand combat, security, tactics and strategy plus a couple of others, the requirement to be awarded this is Honor and the deed (Normally multiple deeds it is rare one deed will get you the title of DaHar master) be significant enough for the High Council to notice and be impressive enough that the Council even considers them for the title.
    There is a package for DaHar master but this is only the first step to become a "recognized" one.
    Example consider martial arts instructor A teaches in his own dojo down on the corner of main street, is certified and tested to be a teacher, Sensei/Shidoshi/DaHar Master.
    local people know him some outsiders might know him by reputation localy.
    "Recognized" Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, All based on thier deeds (Exclude the fact that all are actors and in Movies) The fact that what they did spread to the common folk and they know him to be a great by deed (not movies).
    There are other types of Masters similar to DaHar, ones for Diplomacy, arts, etc etc and those are even fewer, but do esist.
    This has been a highlight (And only a Highlight) from your developing Klingon supplement.