Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ent. Episode 6 "The Andorian Incident"

Arrow

Actually, The Late Great Bird of the Galaxy sold his right to Star Trek property to Paramount a long time before Berman came along (can't recall the date, but I'm sure someone here knows). The fact that he is the creative genius behind it that Paramount employs him to work on Star Trek. Of course, Paramount couldn't prevent Roddenberry's deteriorating health. So Paramount had to find a successor to the Star Trek franchise. I don't know if Berman and Roddenberry have gotten along during the TNG series, but it does seems that Roddenberry pretty much give him the blessing.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

If I'm not mistaken, he sold the rights to Star Trek to Paramount when he sold the show, in the mid-60s. If memory serves, he tried raising money to buy the rights in the 70's, for a rather low figure, but couldn't get enough...

I'll have to see if I can dig up my aged copy of David Gerrold's The World of Star Trek - it has the details.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Well my theory is based on the fact that Majel Roddenberry has said in the past that Berman shared Roddenberry's vision. And I think if anyone knows who Gene Roddenberry was it would be his wife. But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

Wink

If the Great Bird were alive today to see all this bickering, he'd turn over in his gravy.

Originally posted by Salinger

That's very true. Which leads me to believe that if they ever named the third planet of the Sol system after the native sentient species, it wouldn't be Humia.
    Actually, it would probably be Huma.

Or Hu.

MikeC, To be like the Hu-man.....

Well, I cross referenced the Andorians's name with the Graalen stuff in AtC and the results are...interesting...

Shran - close to shras "friend" and shrasan "Be my friend"

Tholos - close to tholus "from rock" if I'm not mistaken

Keval - means exactly "best tool for deception"

Coincedence? Or have B & B (or whoever) been reading LUGtrek stuff (not that I'd mind if the were...)?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry