Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trek RPG Supplements: What's Missing?

Re: Re: Tech book

Originally posted by Avatar CO
    That's a question I have for the Decipher folks that frequent the boards. Will the starships book include pricing info?
    Nope.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Starship cost: If you have to ask, you can't afford one.

Seriously, Decipher-Trek, and TNG canon are that money doesn't exist anymore. (The Ferengi disagree, of course. )

Given this, how do independent (non-Star Fleet, Klingon Fleet, et al) characters get a starship? Form a trading co-op?

Sorry, kind of off topic there, but I would like some kind of pricing info also. Or at least a brief explanation of the way things work. Wait, that could end up being 24th century Economics 101.

Maybe some deckplans. And charts

//Tmutant ducks//
    Last edited by tmutant; 09-02-2002 at 10:33 AM.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Money may not exist in the Federation any more, (and I have my doubts about that too) but for those of us who run adventures beyond the Federation's borders money is very important.
    I would also have to argue that money in some form is used in the Federation as well. If it is not then how could the Vulcan craftsman ask double the price when he saw the Starfleet combadge that Janeway was wearing?
    The reference is to the Vulcan lamp in Tuvok's quarters, I forget which ep she said it in.
    So, back to topic, something with a price list would be good. Something like the list in the PG, but more complete.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti

An Aliens Book?
    That would be useful, it would work fine for lesser species, but it would seem insufficient if we are speaking of popular species. That brings the question, how does Decipher intend to deal with this?

And what would it portray?
    “Merely” the species roleplaying mechanics or also a (short) description of their worlds and culture?

One thing that may be interesting is to develop the relations of those species with their neighbours. (Who they like/dislike, why, who they fought with, etc). That would create a lot of roleplaying material.
    We come, we are not seen, and inevitably, we conquer.

First and Last, there is Duty.

Romulan Proverbs

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cochrane
    [B]I'd like more planets, species, and deckplans. An information creation guide would be on the top of my list.
    A whole book, preferably at least 100 pages, on creating planets, systems, sectors, empires, societies, civilizations, animals, sentient species, with optional random generation tables for everything. To Boldly Go would no doubt have been my favorite ITrek book.
    I want a 200 page atlas of the Star Trek Universe.

I am all for the above! This would really help to flesh out
    an RPG......
    We Fight To Enrich The Spirit. (qa' aIje'meH maSuv):House Motto.

Talking more more more.................

since there will be a starfleet book will there be books on the klingon defense force, etc?

the website "star trek the lost episodes" has stuff for narratoring different series styles (klingon defense force, merchant, starfleet security, etc).

this stuff needs to be exspanded.

examples:

klingon defense force, starfleet (academy, security, intelligence, rapid response team, rangers), tal shair, obsidian order, jem hadar, merchants, pirates, rogues, assasins, spies, etc).

also narratoring eras needs to be exspanded. maybe exspanded To Boldy Go?

the starfleet operations has gotta have stuff on the above and medical.

give me a S! T! A! R! C! H! A! R! T! S! what's that spell?....?!....broccoli? NO!! Starcharts!
    Last edited by bilbosmaug; 09-12-2002 at 05:19 PM.