Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trek RPG Supplements: What's Missing?

Question Trek RPG Supplements: What's Missing?

In all the incarnations of the Trek RPG, what kinds of supplements do you wish were available? What would you like to see that currently isn't availabe?

More adventures, more planets, more species, deckplans, medical encyclopedia, a guide to playing a Starfleet officer, what?

WHat supplements?

I would'nt mind seeing a book on world/system making. Also on how to make more accurate maps of sectors. The ones I have seen vary in size from sector to sector and little detail on just what is available in a system ( tactically speaking ).

A suppliment on the archanis sector where the feds and the klingons fought a brief war over it's possesion would be nice also.

A race book on some of the less detailed races/ society like the caitians, etc.

I'd like more planets, species, and deckplans. An information creation guide would be on the top of my list.
    A whole book, preferably at least 100 pages, on creating planets, systems, sectors, empires, societies, civilizations, animals, sentient species, with optional random generation tables for everything. To Boldly Go would no doubt have been my favorite ITrek book.
    I want a 200 page atlas of the Star Trek Universe. It should include an overview map of the whole Milky Way, a separate map of each quadrant, separate maps for the Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Ferengi, Tholians, Gorn, Taurhai, Breen, Cytherians, Dominion, Borg, Krenim, and Kazon. All the maps should be black on white so I can write on them more effectively. There should be a map of Sector 001, a map of the Federation Core, and maps for the Deneb and Rigel regions. I want a map of the Andromeda Galaxy and one of the Local Group. Everything should be very detailed and things not covered by canon should be filled in. The book should be nothing but maps. All available and relevant factual astronomy should be included.
    I want a Deneb sourcebook and a Rigel sourcebook. I want a sourcebook covering the whole of Sector 001. I want Centauran, Tellarite, Bolian, and Betazoid sourcebooks. I want a Taurhai sourcebook and a Kazon sourcebook. I want an Andromeda Galaxy sourcebook. I want sourcebooks set in ancient times for the Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans, Andorians, Voth, Iconians, Tkon, and Orions.
    I want a book full of alternate universes. I want 25th, 27th, and 29th century sourcebooks. I want a Eugenics War sourcebook and a WWIII sourcebook.

Cochrane has some great ideas there. Deck plans would be really useful, as would be maps of the galaxy.

The are three source books that I would loved to have seen made, the Mirror Universe book and the Movie Era Sourcebook and of course the Voyager book. They would have really rounded out the set, it's a real pity they never go to be finished

Originally posted by Cochrane
    I'd like more planets, species, and deckplans. An information creation guide would be on the top of my list.
    A whole book, preferably at least 100 pages, on creating planets, systems, sectors, empires, societies, civilizations, animals, sentient species, with optional random generation tables for everything. To Boldly Go would no doubt have been my favorite ITrek book.
    I want a 200 page atlas of the Star Trek Universe. It should include an overview map of the whole Milky Way, a separate map of each quadrant, separate maps for the Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Ferengi, Tholians, Gorn, Taurhai, Breen, Cytherians, Dominion, Borg, Krenim, and Kazon. All the maps should be black on white so I can write on them more effectively. There should be a map of Sector 001, a map of the Federation Core, and maps for the Deneb and Rigel regions. I want a map of the Andromeda Galaxy and one of the Local Group. Everything should be very detailed and things not covered by canon should be filled in. The book should be nothing but maps. All available and relevant factual astronomy should be included.
    I want a Deneb sourcebook and a Rigel sourcebook. I want a sourcebook covering the whole of Sector 001. I want Centauran, Tellarite, Bolian, and Betazoid sourcebooks. I want a Taurhai sourcebook and a Kazon sourcebook. I want an Andromeda Galaxy sourcebook. I want sourcebooks set in ancient times for the Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans, Andorians, Voth, Iconians, Tkon, and Orions.
    I want a book full of alternate universes. I want 25th, 27th, and 29th century sourcebooks. I want a Eugenics War sourcebook and a WWIII sourcebook.

WOW! Take it easy before you strain something.

LOL

What Cochrane said....

Oh, and some map's & sourcebooks would be nice too
    Wolf.

Re: LOL

Originally posted by Admiral Wolf
    What Cochrane said....

Oh, and some map's & sourcebooks would be nice too

I'd like a book on Federation ground forces and the SFMC.

(Runs for cover)
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

SFMC and Deckplans?

I sense a dead horse rising once more
    History abhors a paradox...

Don't worry. If you listened to Matthew Coleville's interview on Radio Free Decipher, he mentioned that deckplans are coming.

There are actually some deckplans right on these boards. Head over to the Utopia Planetia section and check out the thread "Nautilus Class v1.5" or click http://forum.trekrpg.net/showthread....&threadid=2635 and you should (hopefully) get there directly. Admittedly the Nautilus-Class is not a Canon vessel, but this is a complete set of deckplans done in the style of the published Enterprise-D plans.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

SRMs (ILLUSTRATED, please! )
    Weapons/Equipment Books (again ILLUSTRATED, please! )
    Deo Vindice!

Talking

Say YES to deckplans!!!!
    Best speed to Gallifrey!
    Commodore Horatio Richard Jaeger
    CO,USS Audacity,NCC-85901

Species, Aliens and Extraterrestrials

PC playable Life Forms. Did I mention species?

I would love to see one of the first 5 products be a Species Sourcebook. So far, neither incarnation of the Star Trek RPG
    has had enough info on enough races for yours truly. I am especially eager to see more on the species from ST: TMP and some of the lesser addressed TNG/DS9 beings.

AndorMan
    To Andoria, and beyond!

Well, I for one will make the distinction between what I would like to see and what they should release.

Since I'm a big starship fan of course I would like to see Engage released asap; as well as minis and some sort of SRM manuals.

While I really like the LUG approach to races (ie a separate product for each major race), I think it would be wrong for Decipher to take the same approach. To start with, they don't want to simply pick up where LUG left off. Also, I know that there's a lot of Gorn-Andorian-Tholian-Breen-enemy of the week fans out there but I don't think that books on a single "middle" race would sell well. For instance, I'm pretty sure that the Cardassian boxed set LUG was working on wouldn't have sold that well. Ditto for the Bajoran book.

I can see a few exceptions to that however, such as a Decipher Klingon book and a Borg book. As for Cardassians, the Breen and the Dominion, I would release a book called "the DS9 Adversaries Compendium" or something to that effect detailing those various cultures in one single (and logical) source. I can also see a major Federation book that would detail Earth, Vulcan, Betazed, etc- the most recurring races in the Federation.

I also think that Decipher should avoid the "big 5" concept of the UFP being controlled mostly by Earth/Vulcan/Andoria/Tellar/Alpha Centauri. That's a Franz Joseph/FASA holdover. On the TNG-era TV shows we almost never hear about them.

However, one thing that I don't like about Decipher is that they've said that they would not re-do what has been done by LUG in the past. That means no Romulan or Vulcan book, no Time shifting books, etc. That's a mistake because LUG material is increasingly becoming hard to find and that could frustrate a lot of players. If I were them I would eventually redo a Vulcan/Romulan book (covering both races at once).

They really should go about doing a Movie-era sourcebook. LUG was about to do one and it would have been a good seller IMHO.

I wonder if Decipher would be allowed to publish books based on Steve Long's works, such as a Dominion War Sourcebook. I guess that publishing a book based on another book whose content can be downloaded from the net wouldn't be smart business
    Too bad...

Also, we'd need a Voyager book; with Voyager character stats ship stats; and a resume of the Voyager's journey; with descriptions of all the major Voyager-specific races encountered. I would also like to see the technical innovations that we saw on Voyager.
    Oh, better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!

I'm loving this list folks; keep it coming! The writer side of my brain is making all kinds of notes for netbook projects to work on.

Originally posted by AndorMan

I would love to see one of the first 5 products be a Species Sourcebook. So far, neither incarnation of the Star Trek RPG
    has had enough info on enough races for yours truly. I am especially eager to see more on the species from ST: TMP and some of the lesser addressed TNG/DS9 beings.
    Specifically what kind of information are you looking for? How much info on a race is enough, or not enough?