Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: To Seek Out New Lifeforms...

I don't have the new Trek System, I'm still in LUGTrekville, but would anyone still be interested in additions to this particular thread? It was always one of my own personal favourites..

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Absolutely would I like to see new races. It wasn't just the character stats that I enjoyed this thread, but the work you did in describing the developing and society of the species. With the conversion rules that was put out for the new system, any of these races can be transfered over.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Jake!

I'll dig out my other notes as soon as I have free time... er, wait, given that that's sometime in 2004, I'll do it in the minor moments of non-insanity that sometimes punctuate my otherwise insane schedule. Yeah.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

What was the race Picard wanted as mediators with the Sheliak in The Ensigns of Command? IIRC, they had a long hibernation cycle.
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Perrryyy Guest
    The Grizzelas, "Ensigns of Command"

By a coincidence, I have some speculative Grizzelas ICON stats jotted down. Never bothered to post them because there's little canon information. This version uses non-canon speculative material from one of the online Trek sites.

GRIZZELAS
    Native to Garasa III, located within the territorial space of the Klingon Empire, the Grizzelas are semi-humanoid mammals that grow to 2.5 meters long. Their indigenous technology is barely advanced beyond Bronze Age levels, though higher tech is brought in from off world sources. Grizzela are large, roughly "ursine" in appearance with long shaggy hair covering most of their bodies. They have large, semi-humanoid faces with broad, flat features and expressive eyes. Their forward paws are prehensile hands but maintain rough pads for walking. Grizzelas can walk bipedally and rear up on their hind legs for many tasks, but they are still more comfortable in a quadrapedal stance.
    Their civilization is noted for its dedication to fairness and equality. Their government is a Anarchic Cooperative with most matters of planetary concern being attended to by a Klingon Governor and support staff. Grizzelas themselves acknowledge no authority above themselves. They tend to regard the Klingon Governor as an employee of the Grizzelas, who tends to tedious business matters for them.
    Grizzelas use a type of broadweave macrame for recording information which is coded in by groupings and forms of knots. Grizzela tapestries are both artistic and informative in design.
    The local year is 2.5 Earth standard years long, which makes the Grizzelas' winter hibernation cycle six months long. A Klingon garrison safeguards the inhabitants and their possessions during this long, cold winter season.
    In general, Klingons admire and like the Grizzelas. Their prodigious physical prowess makes them "worthy opponents" in combat. Their innate sense of fairness and equality makes them "honorable" in matters of personal conduct. And, their low technology and lack of off planet ambitions makes them no threat to the Klingon Empire.

FIT: 4 [6]
    Str:+2
    Vitality:+1
    COORD: 1 [4]
    Dexterity: -1
    INTELLECT: 2 [5]
    Logic:+1
    PRES: 3 [6]
    Empathy: +1
    PSI: 0 [6]

I like the ideas, Sheliak Bob! Especially the idea of a Klingon group of people keepin' them safe during their really vulnerable period.

Nice ideas.

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,