Thread: Template design

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

Question Template design

I have a player who wants to try something a little different in our campaign. As a fan of the new Amdromeda series he would like to create a character similar to Tyr. The problem is the spikes on the forearms. How many dps should they be worth and how would they add to damage.

If successful, I could see some of my group modifying ICON for a short Andromeda campaign.

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

Unhappy

Sorry, had a system problem. Did not mean to double post.

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

OK - I don't know the Andromeda series at all...so don't expect me to get everything right here.

I'd be inclined to make the forearm spikes an Advantage available to the species, costing 1 DP for each d6 of damage you want them to do - thus if the spikes were to do 2d6 (+ Strength Edge) damage, the Advantage would cost 2 DP. I'd also then be inclined to make a new skill for Unarmed Combat (as per the TNG Player's Guide) for effective use of the spikes in combat - having the spikes is one thing; being effective with them in melee combat is something totally different.

Just my thoughts...and a starting point.

------------------
    Why do banks charge you an "insufficient funds" fee on money they already know you don't have?

Originally posted by Paul:

I'd be inclined to make the forearm spikes
    an Advantage available to the species
    IMO more then a Advantage availbale to the race, it has to thinked of as race advantage.
    Klingons don't choose to have Brath'Lul, not more then a Betazoid chooses to have PSI powers.

I'd also then be inclined to make a new skill for Unarmed Combat (as per the TNG Player's Guide) for effective use of the spikes in combat - having the spikes is one thing; being effective with them in melee combat is something totally different.
    I agreed this should be a skill available only to the members of the race, or with a background that explains why the characters has it.

Just my thoughts...and a starting point.

------------------
    Today is a good day to die