Thread: Faster than a speeding runabout...

Faster than a speeding runabout...

One PC in an ol' campaign was a big fan of comic books, with a collection that dated back to the mid-to-late 20th Century. His favorite comic however was Capt. Federation, the story of a Starfleet captain who has superpowers and fights evil for a secret division of Starfleet called the Justice Federation or something.

Another reference to the good Captain was made a few years after in a TNG era campaign (the original PC was TMP era. DS9 had just started when the TNG campaign began). A PC often spent time off camera checking out the latest Capt. Federation HoloComic.

About a year and a half later my players wanted to play Champions and I convinced them to play in a campaign based on the ideas refered to in our Star Trek games. In essense, one player played Capt. Federation while the others played his similarly superheroic compatriots in a "Legion of Super Heroes" type universe.

Villians ranged from a Romulan "Dr. Doom" type to a team of evil counterparts from the darkest depths of Federation society.

AndorMan
    This is Ambassador Shras saying, "EXCELSIOR"!

You might be interested in the "Star Trek characters become inadvertant superheroes" thread...

Inspiring...

Very Cool! I wish I could have seen a session of that game.
    Oh the possibilities...

AndorMan
    Look, up in the sky...It's an Andorian...

If anyone remembers, There was a magazine called "Stardate" that supported the FASA trek game. One issue had an adventure that was a follow up mission to Sigma Iotia. A private ship crashed after Kirk left and the only one who survived was a child whohad a vast comicbook collection. The Iotians found him and beeig impresionistic as they are, thought the Superheroes were real.

they proceaded to reproduce those powers thru Technology recovered from the wreck and made the kid (Now a grown Man) a Superhero

Karg.