Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conversion from Icon to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly
    The more they tighten their grip, the more systems will slip through their fingers.
    So true. In fact there is a bunch of RPG's I would have loved to try out but did not because they were D20. Its not that I did not try. I played Star Wars D20, I played Engel D20 ( from a German RPG company, but got covered by White Wolf as well ) but I never got to like it - the opposite is true. While this is of course not universally true for all RPGers ( only for the good ones ) it simply prevented me buying a lot of games I would have bought if they had not been a D20 incarnation.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    How about this then, can someone email me and let me know or possibly share the files that way?

That's strictly between you and them. There's a considerable difference between a private communication like e-mail and posting in a public forum.

As for the "Who would play D20?" issue, please keep it civil. I don't like D20 myself - I gave up on D&D in 1980 - but if someone wants to play it, or play in the Babylon 5 or Stargate SG-1 universes, or even commit such atrocities as putting pineapple on pizza or watching animé, it's their right. Let's face it, you're not going to change their mind, so why bother?

You're right about the D20 thing, my apologizies, I did not mean to offend anyone.

*chuckle* Everyone has their preferences and unfortunately whether something works or not will be very much dependent on personal opinion.

When it comes to Trek, I prefer ICON over all else but if CODA works better for someone else and their vision of how the STU should be mechanically represented, go to town or in some cases people still prefer FASA all the more power to them...it's all in the eye of the beholder and what they are looking to get from each game and its system.

Though nostalgia may play a role in that as well.

*shrug*

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Yeah, I guess that's how it goes.