Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Links to ICON Fan Projects

I fully intend to take a run at Path of the Prophets: The Bajorans. I will notify if and when it reaches the web.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir:

I included all the stuff from the Klingon Sourcebook for you all, to have a reference of the ongoing development of the project. It's also a good way to jump in if you like
    Okay, I'm confused. Is there an official Klingon sourcebook or not? I'm asking this because recently I searched for LUG supplements at DoorDice.com and found a Klingon Empire boxed set. They list it as a product on sale.
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Thanks!

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

There WAS going to be an official Klingons book. It was finished and ready to be printed when the excrement hit the air recirculator unit. Because WotC has (wisely) decided not to spend money on a product line whose licence expires at the end of the year, and because publishing that book would cost money, the "official" Klingons book will never see print. Or, at the very least, will not see print for several years, as WotC _might_ choose to ressurect it should they succeed in re-aquiring the licence when Decipher's licence runs out (don't hold your breath).

In the absense of official support, we, the fans (including some pros), have decided to forge ahead on our own.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Originally posted by spyone:
    There WAS going to be an official Klingons book. It was finished and ready to be printed when the excrement hit the air recirculator unit.
    So, that boxed set on Do or Dice.com does not exist? Why are they announcing it then?

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

The product was already registered as "available March 2000" on every major online bookstore, even on Amazon.com, along with the other sourcebooks as Iron and Ash and Call of the Prophets. Maybe they didn't update the status there. Read the FAQ that Don and Steve posted here not too long ago about LUG's cancelled works and available writings for free online distribution.

Remember, on this thread you'll only find fan-made sourcebooks, nothing from LUG/WotC. Hence, the original title.

funny you should mention the excrement hitting the fan here on the fan sourcebook thread... what excrement would that be? surely not from LUG or the other fans. And hey... Shouldn't this thread be about the air circulation devices of the 24th century? Isn't that the sourcebook we've all been waiting for?

Arrow

Another update to the list, including the recent development of the Ferengi Sourcebook, some news from the Borg front and the plan for a Bajoran book.

Check the list for the proper links.

<font color="#ffff00">Update:</font> I just added the topic about the development of the Magna Romans from Eric R. Be sure to check it, because he promised to keep posting information as it comes out.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Jonas Bashir (edited 12-12-2000).]

Wasn't their a Kellian reach book up their at one time or did it get dropped in favor of other source books?

Dr. Bashir,

Please include my Doctor Who Icon web page in your list of non-Star Trek ICON projects.
    It is at http://bancroft.tripod.com/DWintro.htm

There, I have full ICON statistics for the Doctor, the Master, the War Chief and other time lords; as well as ICON stats for aliens such as the Daleks, the Cybermen, Sontarans, Ogrons; use of the sonic screwdriver, and other stuff.

Thumbs up

The list has been yet again updated with (guess)... ICON Dr. Who! If the list keeps growing at this pace, I'll close the topic and start a new one soon.

Oh No...

A large Blue boc materialises on the bridge, as the red alert siren goes off.

[Ops]
    "Sir, I am detecting a huge chroniton particle buildup eminating from the structure."

[Doctor]
    "Jelly baby anyone?"

That brings back some old FASA games!

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts froma random mind!"

I figure it's about time I give everybody an update on my Bajoran Occupation supplement, a.k.a. "Remember Forever the Long Night" ---

It's moving along nicely, albeit more slowly than I expected. Being both full-time gainfully employed and married with a toddler son (Miles just turned two, so any parents out there can understand why my free time is at a premium these days ) has, for the most part, limited me to working on the project during my lunches at work. And also, I'm a perfectionist, especially when it comes to Bajor, so I'm taking my time to make sure everything is just right.

That being said ... with only about 25 pages to go out of what was originally 125 (more or less) pages of notes, to this day I've written 30 full single-spaced pages detailing the history of the Cardassian Occupation of Bajor. And (Prophets willing!) I hope to have the rest compiled together within a month.

Here's the overall plan, for those of you who might be interested:

Although I may concatenate it all into an easily downloadable PDF document in the future, for now I'm working to put everything together on a central multi-page Web site.

The history I'm writing is >entirely< based on canon. I thought about enhancing it a bit, as per typical role-playing supplements, but out of respect for the work of art known as "Deep Space Nine," I decided to leave "the facts" alone (at least for now). And there's so much material to digest just by staying close to what was disclosed in the series that I felt a truly comprehensive examination of the Occupation would be enough to occupy my time (no pun intended) for awhile. And when I say comprehensive, I mean it - there's hardly a fact, reference or mention of the Occupation from either Next Generation or Deep Space Nine (or even Voyager) that doesn't find a place somewhere in my work. And I've looked everywhere I could, spending numerous hours searching through every script (available on CD-ROM as "The Deep Space Nine Companion"), carefully watching key episodes and browsing through the official Star Trek Encyclopedia in the quest of finding every nugget I could. Not that it hasn't been an enjoyable exercise, I'll be quick to admit!

I've also been scouring every source possible for every possible photograph and other canon work of art relating to the Occupation, although that hasn't been the easiest task. (Hopefully, Paramount won't be too harsh on me for printing them, as long as I make sure their copyright is prominently displayed on every page.)

The supplement's Web site will also contain role-playing scenarios centered around a group of Resistance fighters. I've gotten one scenario formatted and ready to go, written as it if would be a professionally sold adventure - about 20 pages long, with visual aids and pre-made NPCs - and another one is nearing completion.

Finally, I'll also be including the complete scripts to the most critically important episodes dealing with the Occupation, including "Ensign Ro," "Duet," "Necessary Evil," "Things Past," and "Wrongs Darker than Death or Night." Again, I'm a little unsure whether Paramount will let me keep these posted on my site, but we'll see what happens.

Could I use some help? To tell you the truth, I would love to have somebody who >really< knows their grammar and style - along with really knowing Deep Space Nine -- to volunteer to give my writing the once over after it's completed. I have nine years of experience as a professional journalist under my belt, but I'm not ashamed to say that some of my best articles wouldn't have been nearly as effective without the help of a great editor.

And although I've got my share of experience tinkering around with HTML, and I've already created a draft version of the site's home page, I'd be quite willing (and happy!) to let anybody who enjoys making Web pages in their spare time to take a shot at combining everything together.

Even if no one volunteers to assist, I still hope to have "Remember Forever the Long Night" up and running sometime early next year.

That's basically it for now, but I'll definitely keep everybody posted as things progress. With any luck (and the blessings of the Prophets!), I'll manage to create something that will do justice to what has already been written while managing to keep aflame the spirit of Bajor's past.

Voka a Bentel,
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Eris

p.s.
    spyone - As you've probably guessed, I'm very interested in reading whatever comes out of your version of "Path of the Prophets." E-mail me as it progresses, and I'll be quite happy to edit your writing or assist in any other way possible.

Roxby/Robert - I did indeed see the article on the Bajoran Occupation in ST:The Magazine! Very well done! Although I'd already uncovered most of its information on my own, it definitely inspired me to keep going, and I'm planning on using a few of the illustrations (particularly the Bajoran firearms) somewhere in my supplement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rana naz'g ol resu ji joreen."
    It is the unknown that defines our existence.
    --- Ancient Bajoran proverb ---
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

Eris,

I would be more than happy to assist you with the editing of "Remember Forever the Long Night". Please let me know what I can do to help you. Oh, and I'll code the site for you, as well.

------------------
    It's is our last, best hope for peace? We are so screwed.

[This message has been edited by ArsenicMan (edited 12-14-2000).]

Is anyone interested in a Bajor book? English isn´t my native language, but I want to help as much as I can to make this ball rolling. Maybe Steve and the others have some input?!

Take care

Question

I've just added the link to the new thread for the Bajoran project. There's a little controversy here, since spyone and Jordar Cal are conducting separate projects. Well, this is just my assumption. Could anyone shed a little light on this?

BTW, Jordar is a long-time member of the TrekRPG mailing list, you know him as Dieter there.