Thread: Back Home Again

Back Home Again

Hey, guys. I'm back home again after 10 days in L.A. I haven't been able to check the boards, so if you posted any questions specifically for me during that time, please re-post!

Steve Long

Any good DecTrek news? Tell us! Tell us!

For that matter, any good DecLoTR news? Tell us! Tell us!

But my wife's the nag, not me...

“I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Well, as for Trek, the Player's Guide is in layout (that's what I was out there doing -- reading over laid-out pages and such), and the gang in L.A. is finishing up the Narrator's Guide. So, progress is being made.

Nothing especially new on the LOTR RPG. I've finished up the primary writing and am now going back and touching things up prior to beginning playtesting.

Steve Long

Ah... the agony!

I'm absolutely bursting for the LoTR movie!

From the teasers and such on SciFi it looks really great!

I haven't wanted to see a movie this bad since Empire Strikes Back... the first time around.

No cheezing up here, but if the LoTR game matches your previous work it should be just as good.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Nothing especially new on the LOTR RPG. I've finished up the primary writing and am now going back and touching things up prior to beginning playtesting.

Steve Long
    Wait wait wait... PLAYTESTING?

Oh, please please please PLEASE tell me: how can I be a playtester?

Want a pint of my blood? My pet rock? Styro's wife?

Pathetic, aren't I?

Wait wait wait... PLAYTESTING?

Oh, please please please PLEASE tell me: how can I be a playtester?
    I appreciate the offer, but it's been decided not to throw it open to a broad field of playtesters, for a variety of reasons. We've got a more compact, easily manageable group that we're planning to work with.

Want a pint of my blood? My pet rock? Styro's wife?
    Having never met Styro or his wife, I'm in no real position to evaluate the latter offer, but in any event I expect it violates the 13th Amendment, so I'd best pass.

Steve Long

Styro's Wife

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Talking Liz's Rebuttal

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I appreciate the offer, but it's been decided not to throw it open to a broad field of playtesters, for a variety of reasons. We've got a more compact, easily manageable group that we're planning to work with.
    Compact? Easily manageable? Oh, you're planning on using Hobbits as playtesters.... Oh to be a hobbit instead of a troll...

Having never met Styro or his wife, I'm in no real position to evaluate the latter offer, but in any event I expect it violates the 13th Amendment, so I'd best pass.

Steve Long
    [/QUOTE]

Well, I couldn't very well offer you MY wife... she might read this and then I'd be dead. Dead dead dead. Me giving away other men's wives is perfectly fine with her tho....

Re: Back Home Again

...so if you posted any questions specifically for me during that time, please re-post!
    Steve, please be so kind as to take a look at the "I realise this is a stupid question..." thread http://forum.lotrrpg.net/showthread....&threadid=3003 I think the question raised there deserves a little of your attention.

Oh BTW, now that you are back home again do you have any idea when you will continue work on the Romulan SRM?

Oh BTW, now that you are back home again do you have any idea when you will continue work on the Romulan SRM?
    Well, at this point, really all that's left to do on my end is revise as appropriate in light of testreaders' comments. But my schedule's so packed these days that it's likely to take me a while to get to it -- January sometime at the earliest.

Steve Long