Thread: Post-war Cardassia: Adventure question

Question Post-war Cardassia: Adventure question

Here's the deal, my next adventure has the PCs helping a discommended joH regains his honor and his House -- taken by his brother. The first step in doing that, is getting the computer record of a battle between the joH's b'rel squad and Cardassian ships, during the Dominion War. My question is: how easy would it be? The PCs are Starfleet officers, but one of them is a klingon exchange officer. Could they simply ask for the file? Is Cardassia under any sort of codominion between klingons and romulans, or even the Federation?
    I know there were some threads about the Cardassian situation, but I didn't follow them closely.
    Thanks.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

I would think that -- allies or no -- Starfleet Intelligence would keep any data they had close to their chest; only if there was a pressing need would they give it to the Klingons.

But since the Cardassian government should be a shambles after the Dominion War, etc... I would think there would be plenty of information brokers among the Ferengi or Orion they could get the data from...for a price.

About the status of Cardassia, the Obsidian Order, and such, try Steve Kenson's lost episodes at http://members.aol.com/talonstudio/treks/ .
    Loads of information on the topic. I think somewhere on the boards Steve Long said he took part in reviewing the files or something, but I could not find the reviewed files anywhere ... no idea if we have a chance to get our greedy hands on it someday . Steve?
    Back to the topic at hand, I am pretty sure that the OO would have something to say about the record of the battle. Hence the above.

Qerlin, I was thinking more along the lines of the Cardassian government having the file, rather than SI, hence the questions about the Cradassian situation. The Orion/Ferengi idea is good, since I want this part of the adventure to be more complex than asking the Cardassians for the file.

Calcoran, I downloaded those files when they were made available, but had completely forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

Lightbulb

Let's look at a canon example of information sharing. The Enterprise crew was able to gain a lot of information about the Khitomer Massacre from both the Potemkin's records (Starfleet) and the colony's records (KDF). And at the time of the initial data-sharing, the Federation didn't even have the Alliance with the Klingons yet.

I would propose that it wouldn't be too hard to find out the basics of the battle. However, is the battle or it's outcome the reason for the discommendation? Maybe it's not the problem of dgaining the data on what the Klingons say happened, it's finding how it really happened...

Which could lead to requiring the assistance of a former Obsidian Order agent now working for the Orion Syndicate in gaining secret documents outlining the real reasons for the discommendation. Give the characters a little sneaking around, some espionage skill rolls here and there.

In fact, maybe the battle is just a red herring, to lead the characters away from discovering a big revelation that not even the Klingon characters knows about. (A-La the Worf's discovery of the Duras trechery, or Bashir's misadventures with Section 31.)